I generally don't have time for HMs.

I've done a few hard modes with guild mates, and had a great time doing them! The fights are fun (D7 HM was my first one), difficulty levels seem just right, and hanging with my guildmates was a good time.

The thing is, I wish I could do it every day, or at least a few times a week. However, with the length of time these take, I'm not able to do much more than one a week.

I'm not asking for them to be easier or anything like that - it's just that if they could be shorter, I'd gladly run more of them!

Good thing I also enjoy Huttball, because I can easily fit in a few of those on days where I don't have the time to do a HM.

Is anyone else frustrated by the length of time it takes to do HMs?

We can typically do Black Talon, Boarding Party, Foundry and False EMporer in less than 2 hours. Total time for all of them, including travel time. I always hit a 2 hour stim before the first pull in BT and it usually runs out after the fight with Malgus (once it ran out in the fight).

Once you get used to running them they go quick

None of the flash points take more than an hour. I run nearly all of them every day to help gear up my guildies.

Tip: Except for KuS, bonuses are worthless. 75% of trash can be skipped if you bring an assassin or Operative. Even without them you can still skip a lot. Some Minibosses can also be skipped.

I've done a few hard modes with guild mates, and had a great time doing them! The fights are fun (D7 HM was my first one), difficulty levels seem just right, and hanging with my guildmates was a good time.

The thing is, I wish I could do it every day, or at least a few times a week. However, with the length of time these take, I'm not able to do much more than one a week.

I'm not asking for them to be easier or anything like that - it's just that if they could be shorter, I'd gladly run more of them!

Good thing I also enjoy Huttball, because I can easily fit in a few of those on days where I don't have the time to do a HM.

Is anyone else frustrated by the length of time it takes to do HMs?

What kind of time limitation are we talking about here.

I don't think one hour of uninterrupted playtime is much to ask for, and most HMs dont, or shouldnt, take that long.

Well, we must be doing them wrong then - by the time we get people together, travel there, go through all the conversations (at least one person fails to spacebar every time), and fight everything, it's well over an hour, sometimes two. I can't do that every day!

This wasn't meant to get anyone upset - I was just wondering if anyone was in the same boat as I am.

If you don't have time for them, then don't do them.

Their length is perfect, imo. Not too short, and not too long.

I don't do them when I don't have time. Was that not obvious from my post?

Edited by Marinus_

Well, we must be doing them wrong then -, and fight everything

This is probably your problem. You dont need to fight everything. Alot of trash can be skipped.

Also, as you do them more, it becomes much easier and quicker. You learn all the pulls and fights so that everything just flows. Its all about group synergy and everyone knowing what to do and when.

The problem isn't the length of the instances (for the most part, some FPs are longer than preferred), but how long it takes to find players. Even DPS on my server takes 20 minutes to find some nights.

Th advice, that I would give, is to add the people you group with to your friends list. Send them a tell when you are LFG. You could also try to find a guild.

Most of the people that have problems finding groups are ones that never take the time to meet new people. I dont have the group problem because I came here with a large group of people that I met in Rift. We all get along great and have tons of fun together. Most of them, I would call friend.

We take in between 20 and 50 minutes for a HM FP. Depending on the amount of bosses we do, (bonus boss, mini bosses etc) and the trash we can avoid.

So if you just do your daily then it is best to pick a short one.

If you look for a specific item you can also do up to that boss, for example up to second boss in Kaon for weapon mainhand and then reset.

So the length of the hardmodes is not an issue, finding a group for a speedy run and then getting through without wiping etc. is much more problematic.

Only thing helping with that is an extensive friendslist.

We take in between 20 and 50 minutes for a HM FP. Depending on the amount of bosses we do, (bonus boss, mini bosses etc) and the trash we can avoid.

So if you just do your daily then it is best to pick a short one.

If you look for a specific item you can also do up to that boss, for example up to second boss in Kaon for weapon mainhand and then reset.

So the length of the hardmodes is not an issue, finding a group for a speedy run and then getting through without wiping etc. is much more problematic.

Only thing helping with that is an extensive friendslist.

Fair enough. Sounds like it's simply a matter of knowing where we can skip stuff, and getting more guildmates that are familiar with the FPs. That should come in time. We're not a hardcore guild at all, and many of us are still getting our mains to 50.