Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2018 Expertise Main PVP Stat Is Essential

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
2018 Expertise Main PVP Stat Is Essential

02.20.2015 , 05:04 PM | #41
Also just wanted to point out to everyone,

Bolster is irrelevant once you have on actual pvp gear or at least all the mods for it. If you are wearing say all pvp pieces in every slot the only major difference is if all the gear is augmented. Augments make the gear better by simply having it and if you are completely geared out correctly, regardless of what it appears, your ACTUAL useable stats bypass what Bolster might show you so long as it is at the highest possible performance level.

your skills may say one thing, but they ACTUALLY PHYSICALLY deal the damage they are supposed to in pvp zones.

This means that to see what kind of actual stats you will have you can see what the effective stats are outside of bolster zones while wearing true pvp gear. the only difference is between non-ranked and ranked gear. if you are wearing full non-ranked gear you will get a slight bonus to just under ranked stats. Once you are in full current ranked gear including best possible augments you will have THOSE stats applied regardless of what Bolster shows you.

TLDR; Get PVP gear, wear it (including weapons and ear pieces and what not). Wearing Full PVP gear gives the BEST POSSIBLE results despite what Bolster pretends to give you while wearing it.
Click on green link >> How to fix Bolster <<

Icykill_
02.20.2015 , 06:20 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by AvatarNL View Post
Also just wanted to point out to everyone,

Bolster is irrelevant once you have on actual pvp gear or at least all the mods for it. If you are wearing say all pvp pieces in every slot the only major difference is if all the gear is augmented. Augments make the gear better by simply having it and if you are completely geared out correctly, regardless of what it appears, your ACTUAL useable stats bypass what Bolster might show you so long as it is at the highest possible performance level.

your skills may say one thing, but they ACTUALLY PHYSICALLY deal the damage they are supposed to in pvp zones.

This means that to see what kind of actual stats you will have you can see what the effective stats are outside of bolster zones while wearing true pvp gear. the only difference is between non-ranked and ranked gear. if you are wearing full non-ranked gear you will get a slight bonus to just under ranked stats. Once you are in full current ranked gear including best possible augments you will have THOSE stats applied regardless of what Bolster shows you.

TLDR; Get PVP gear, wear it (including weapons and ear pieces and what not). Wearing Full PVP gear gives the BEST POSSIBLE results despite what Bolster pretends to give you while wearing it.
This is true... If you have all pvp gear you do not have to worry about Bolster, period... Only your min/max of main and secondary stats

PVP gear also gives you your set bonuses and relics give you pvp bonuses
RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦
Please click this Refer a Friend link for free stuff

Delekahn
02.21.2015 , 10:20 PM | #43
I cannot thank you enough for this post.

I was never much of a PvP person, but a couple weeks back I decided to try and gear up (first) so I could attempt to run ranked and maybe get the upcoming reward sets.

I have been playing about 30 matches a day across 4 toons since then. I thought I was doing a great job, I was getting medals, I was protecting, healing, capping, and so on as best I could, and buying pieces of Exhumed when I had enough coms. However, every once and awhile I was see a very rude comment in chat, with something similar to: don't use PVE gear, +expletive. My thinking was, I am working on it!

No one would take the time to explain, and asking a question or putting a opinion forth just got me flamed more, so I have just been trying very hard to get better and get geared.

I had spent most of my basics on 186 gear, so since reading this post tonight I ran some lvl 50 HMs, bought a couple items, and I am now at 2018 on one toon. I will now do the same with the others.

Again, thanks so much for taking the time to explain this. If it was in the 'contender' post, I missed it.

Delekahn

tldr: THANKS!

Pherdnut
02.23.2015 , 01:00 PM | #44
In programming we have what we call "the principle of least astonishment." Meaning, at all times when it's possible to do so without nuking performance, you do the most obvious duh thing with your code so the next guy who uses a piece of it isn't walking through a minefield of bat!@#$ where you can only figure out how anything actually works through trial, error, and pain. I think EA-Bioware's game designers could stand to familiarize themselves with the concept.

In any case, much thanks for the guide. It really should be stickied but it probably won't be.
Amurrka, Malfunction, Skeeve, Derp, Deeva, Orinj @Dreshdae Cantina

"QQ!"

Quinan
02.23.2015 , 01:12 PM | #45
In case anyone missed this http://youtu.be/b7iR2ykX2sM

This backs up what IcyKill has spoke about in this thread showcasing what different gear does to the bolstering of your gear and how to do it correctly.

Also I have a video scheduled for this coming Friday 27th Feb which showcases the difference between fighting with 1000 expertise as if you were in full pve gear unbolstered in a warzone and being in full PvP gear with the cap 2018 expertise so look out for that one or subscribe to be notified of it.

Thanks
Visit my youtube channel - www.youtube.com/stemully123
EU - Tomb of Freedom Nadd / Guild - Stroke my Wookie
Quinan Bounty Hunter - Quinney Sorcerer - Quintress Juggernaut
Quintro Scoundrel

Thaladan
02.23.2015 , 02:42 PM | #46
2018 is essential and so easy to have..even with only pve gears.

just make an effort please

legend of hyperspace

Icykill_
02.23.2015 , 05:20 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Pherdnut View Post
In programming we have what we call "the principle of least astonishment." Meaning, at all times when it's possible to do so without nuking performance, you do the most obvious duh thing with your code so the next guy who uses a piece of it isn't walking through a minefield of bat!@#$ where you can only figure out how anything actually works through trial, error, and pain. I think EA-Bioware's game designers could stand to familiarize themselves with the concept.

In any case, much thanks for the guide. It really should be stickied but it probably won't be.
It would be good if it was stickied, I really wanted to give back to the pvp community some of the knowledge I have acquired through extensive research and experience... the contender thread was stickied after lots of likes and views... Unfortunately it is out of date now

If people find this guide useful, please give it a five star rating... The more that do, the more likely it is to be stickied

I would also like to thank everyone for the kind comments
RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦

Icykill_
02.23.2015 , 05:22 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Quinan View Post
In case anyone missed this http://youtu.be/b7iR2ykX2sM

This backs up what IcyKill has spoke about in this thread showcasing what different gear does to the bolstering of your gear and how to do it correctly.

Also I have a video scheduled for this coming Friday 27th Feb which showcases the difference between fighting with 1000 expertise as if you were in full pve gear unbolstered in a warzone and being in full PvP gear with the cap 2018 expertise so look out for that one or subscribe to be notified of it.
Thanks
That will be awesome and will really demonstrate the difference in having the right expertise... Can you please post the link here once you upload
RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦

Quinan
02.23.2015 , 05:41 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Icykill_ View Post
That will be awesome and will really demonstrate the difference in having the right expertise... Can you please post the link here once you upload
Yes of course I will mate. And I apologise for plugging my channel on your thread dude, I find it's a good community to get noticed from and I feel ppl appreciate the time and effort it takes to make PvP guides to help us all.
Visit my youtube channel - www.youtube.com/stemully123
EU - Tomb of Freedom Nadd / Guild - Stroke my Wookie
Quinan Bounty Hunter - Quinney Sorcerer - Quintress Juggernaut
Quintro Scoundrel

DomiSotto
02.23.2015 , 05:56 PM | #50
Great, I normally don't watch the videos, but i will make an exception!
Deal.