Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2018 Expertise Main PVP Stat Is Essential

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
2018 Expertise Main PVP Stat Is Essential

Banderal
05.26.2015 , 05:30 PM | #121
OK, this isn't that big a deal, but I'm still wondering what I'm missing. Here's a pic of my stats when I swapped out my chest slot components from 116 blues to 162 greens (hopefully legible).

http://imgur.com/G29yRTk

I left everything else the same, just swapped out armor, mod & enhancement. Everything is 116 blues except:

Wrist, which I swapped out to 162 green a couple days ago, and noticed this confusion.
Ear is 162 purple.
MH is exhumed
OH is dark reaver
1 relic is exhumed

The 3 actual PvP pieces are all "shadow tank" gear, and have purple 186 fortitude augs in them.
Various level fort augs in the rest of the gear that is customizable, but nothing over 148 blue (most much less than that).

Granted my stats changed a very small amount, but why did they all go DOWN? I expected it was supposed to go up a bit? Any ideas? Do that low a level blues just bolster that well?

Thanks.

Slippery When'wet, FistFullOfCandy - SF

Icykill_
05.26.2015 , 10:47 PM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by Banderal View Post
OK, this isn't that big a deal, but I'm still wondering what I'm missing. Here's a pic of my stats when I swapped out my chest slot components from 116 blues to 162 greens (hopefully legible).

http://imgur.com/G29yRTk

I left everything else the same, just swapped out armor, mod & enhancement. Everything is 116 blues except:

Wrist, which I swapped out to 162 green a couple days ago, and noticed this confusion.
Ear is 162 purple.
MH is exhumed
OH is dark reaver
1 relic is exhumed

The 3 actual PvP pieces are all "shadow tank" gear, and have purple 186 fortitude augs in them.
Various level fort augs in the rest of the gear that is customizable, but nothing over 148 blue (most much less than that).

Granted my stats changed a very small amount, but why did they all go DOWN? I expected it was supposed to go up a bit? Any ideas? Do that low a level blues just bolster that well?

Thanks.
That is an excellent question.... One I will have to investigate because it didn't seem to work that way before the 3.2 patch that updated bolster for pre60
I am now wondering if it's some how broken lvl 60 bolster
It might be a few days till I can test it... But I'll try and get back to you asap
RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦
Please click this Refer a Friend link for free stuff

EmilmcUgly
05.27.2015 , 09:38 AM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by Icykill_ View Post
That is an excellent question.... One I will have to investigate because it didn't seem to work that way before the 3.2 patch that updated bolster for pre60
I am now wondering if it's some how broken lvl 60 bolster
It might be a few days till I can test it... But I'll try and get back to you asap
Isn't this related to the previous question about augments? Since bolster is supposed to even everybody out to some extent, increasing your stats with equipment will tend to decrease them in PVP. I was just experimenting with a lvl 51 commando I've got, and found that crap equipment actually gives me better attack and hp than the better stuff, even while my exp stays at 2018.

Banderal
05.27.2015 , 05:00 PM | #124
Yeah, well either something is wonky, or why am I even buying PvP gear to PvP in? Too lazy to make a picture this time (but I can if you want "proof"). I went to the trouble of getting a dark reaver relic of reactive warding (so "ranked" gear, right... the best I can get?), and I plopped a 186 purple fortitude augment in it. Again, the best I can get?

Now I have an relic slot that has/had an item rating 46 green "relic of psychic heorism" (+22 end, +6 pow), with an item level 90 green fort aug (11 end, 6 pow) (so a total level requirement of 41, because of the aug). I swap out for the dark reaver, and this is what happens...

green relic / dark reaver
end: 3717 / 3696
will: 2375 / 2264
exp: 2018 / 2018
b dmg : 1173.5 / 1153.4
b heal: 848.8 / 834.8
crit : 12.79 / 12.55
def: 18.67 / 18.86
absorb: 28.66 / 28.17

I guess my defense went up a whole 0.2%. Wow. That totally makes up for everything else going down. I guess I'll stick to my level 41 gear for now!

Icykill_
05.27.2015 , 06:34 PM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by EmilmcUgly View Post
Isn't this related to the previous question about augments? Since bolster is supposed to even everybody out to some extent, increasing your stats with equipment will tend to decrease them in PVP. I was just experimenting with a lvl 51 commando I've got, and found that crap equipment actually gives me better attack and hp than the better stuff, even while my exp stays at 2018.
Bolster on Augments is seperate from other gear bolster...
One thing with bolster which I mentioned near the front of the original post in the thread is that as you get past 50 and move closer to 59, it can start to get a bit weird and in some cases its trial and error.
Even though your getting better health and bonus damage, you'll probably find that your secondary stats are a lot lower than they were when you were a lower lvl... This is because bolster wants you to take responsibility for them...
Sure you can run the lower gear, get higher health etc... But your surge, alacrity and Crit will more than like be lower....
The trade off for having those lower is to increase the main damage and health stat... This is usuable, but certainly not balanced... Personally I would prefer to trade some bonus damage stat for extra surge for when I crit, so I do bigger hits...
Remember when gearing you need to try to balance all your stats... Have a look at what sort of percentages you want on those stats when you are at 60, then try to get close to those percentages at a lower LvL... Use the bolster terminal to test this... Once you are close to those percentages, stack as much power as possible (assuming your dps)...
Just always remember you want 2018 expertise...
The simple method when you reach 53 is to do the Armor setup as described at the beginning of the thread
RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦

Icykill_
05.27.2015 , 06:36 PM | #126
Yeah, well either something is wonky, or why am I even buying PvP gear to PvP in? Too lazy to make a picture this time (but I can if you want "proof"). I went to the trouble of getting a dark reaver relic of reactive warding (so "ranked" gear, right... the best I can get?), and I plopped a 186 purple fortitude augment in it. Again, the best I can get?

Now I have an relic slot that has/had an item rating 46 green "relic of psychic heorism" (+22 end, +6 pow), with an item level 90 green fort aug (11 end, 6 pow) (so a total level requirement of 41, because of the aug). I swap out for the dark reaver, and this is what happens...

green relic / dark reaver
end: 3717 / 3696
will: 2375 / 2264
exp: 2018 / 2018
b dmg : 1173.5 / 1153.4
b heal: 848.8 / 834.8
crit : 12.79 / 12.55
def: 18.67 / 18.86
absorb: 28.66 / 28.17

I guess my defense went up a whole 0.2%. Wow. That totally makes up for everything else going down. I guess I'll stick to my level 41 gear for now!
The only issue is you will miss out on the relic bonus proc... The reason the green relic seesm to give higher stats is because it doesn't have a bonus proc, so it adds some extra stats... You are much better off using the dark reaver relic
RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦

M_o_R
05.28.2015 , 01:01 PM | #127
Does anyone know of there is a similar item rating cap for the low tier? Before the bolster changes recently, it seemed like any item over rating 62 or 68 (cant quite remember which) would cause a stat or expertise loss. Now it seems like stats in lowbies are no longer capped at a certain rating for mods.

Or maybe I just dont pay close enough attention.

Banderal
05.28.2015 , 06:08 PM | #128
Quote: Originally Posted by Icykill_ View Post
The only issue is you will miss out on the relic bonus proc... The reason the green relic seesm to give higher stats is because it doesn't have a bonus proc, so it adds some extra stats... You are much better off using the dark reaver relic
Ah, yep, I see what you mean. I didn't even think of that. And now that I've got a couple normal pieces (wrist & belt) I can see the slight stats increase from those. So it's all good. I'm back to the grind for gear... ugh... hate... grind.

Thanks a ton!

Icykill_
05.28.2015 , 10:56 PM | #129
Ah, yep, I see what you mean. I didn't even think of that. And now that I've got a couple normal pieces (wrist & belt) I can see the slight stats increase from those. So it's all good. I'm back to the grind for gear... ugh... hate... grind.

Thanks a ton!
Never fear... The latest interview with Eric and Alex reveals that the grind is nearly over...
If you haven't already, have a listen or read this post http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=814858
RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦

Icykill_
05.28.2015 , 10:58 PM | #130
Quote: Originally Posted by M_o_R View Post
Does anyone know of there is a similar item rating cap for the low tier? Before the bolster changes recently, it seemed like any item over rating 62 or 68 (cant quite remember which) would cause a stat or expertise loss. Now it seems like stats in lowbies are no longer capped at a certain rating for mods.

Or maybe I just dont pay close enough attention.
Do you mean 162 or 168 gear??
RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦