The Operative, Just feels, not right.

TalonVII

A low damage spammable 4m range melee move with same damage as rifle shot (aka our current auto attack), but help us regen energy like diagnostic scan does for medicine).

So it makes a lot of sense IMO, we get our melee auto attack same damage as our ranged auto attack, sacrificing the 30m range for a small energy regen. But I doubt anything useful would happen tho. BW is too busy making F2Per limitation and buffing warriors, knights and shadowsins.

I think something along those lines would help immensely with the early game awkwardness.

I think something along those lines would help immensely with the early game awkwardness.

Doesn't if feel akward from about level 11 till about 25? You have two maybe 3 knife attacks that take A LONG time to reload.

Once you get in concealment that one knife attack it's great, but then you are reliant on having Tactical Advantage to use it, and yes your primary shiv attack generates one but the cool down on that can take a while.

Some kind of knife attack that basically does the same damage as our ranged attack would greatly benefit the Operative, i don't think the sniper really needs it, they already have an amazing chain of attacks off the bat with snipe and the explosive attack off the bat.

Doesn't if feel akward from about level 11 till about 25? You have two maybe 3 knife attacks that take A LONG time to reload.

Once you get in concealment that one knife attack it's great, but then you are reliant on having Tactical Advantage to use it, and yes your primary shiv attack generates one but the cool down on that can take a while.

Some kind of knife attack that basically does the same damage as our ranged attack would greatly benefit the Operative, i don't think the sniper really needs it, they already have an amazing chain of attacks off the bat with snipe and the explosive attack off the bat.

Isnt that exactly what I said in my post?

A spammable melee attack that does the same damage as rifle shot? :confused:

Personally I think that it depends on how you build your operative depends on how fluid the combat is. Personally I went the healer rout and I agree that your personal damage routine is a little wonky because of the lack of attacks, you have to realize that since you spec into healing you are going to face that. Looking at the other trees it seems like they have more than enough poison/knife attacks to make up the difference if you were to go that direction instead of being a healer.

Personally I think that it depends on how you build your operative depends on how fluid the combat is. Personally I went the healer rout and I agree that your personal damage routine is a little wonky because of the lack of attacks, you have to realize that since you spec into healing you are going to face that. Looking at the other trees it seems like they have more than enough poison/knife attacks to make up the difference if you were to go that direction instead of being a healer.

I ended up in the concealment tree cause of the low number of knife attacks i had at the time, now as i pick up levels, the number of knife attacks has picked up. it's just VERY awkward at the lower levels for the Operative. There really is not enough attacks to choose from.

But...something that could of been fun, it's just annoying. They have those legacy punching attacks which i tried for craps and giggles and it was fun, but couldn't use over half my abilities because i was 'disarmed'. WTH? where's the fun in using those unarmed attacks if i can't use my heals?

Here's what I do I'm only lvl 17 but I send my companion to tank then While stealthed I sneek up using backstab then shiv then grenade if they're still standing I take cover and use fragmentation device then my short range shot skill. I find this class great to play and excellent in pve

I've got an operative that's just finished Quesh, and I know what you mean when you say it doesn't fee coherent all the way through. I am also confused that you carry a blaster pistol around, even though it's never equiped, but shows up in all the cutscenes. I've always thought of it as james bond type of character as well, but now i'm starting to imagine Operative as more like a batman character. I'd like to see them give operative a gap closer like the harpoon, which would bring them into the range of the knife attacks.

Having said all that I don't agree on removing the snipe attack. an operative should be able to use all available weapons and situations. You could still have the sniping mechanic but from a pistol, and eliminate the not so stealthy carbine rifle. I'd even go so far as to say that the knife should be the primary weapon for the operative, with the pistol as a secondary

I've got an operative that's just finished Quesh, and I know what you mean when you say it doesn't fee coherent all the way through. I am also confused that you carry a blaster pistol around, even though it's never equiped, but shows up in all the cutscenes. I've always thought of it as james bond type of character as well, but now i'm starting to imagine Operative as more like a batman character. I'd like to see them give operative a gap closer like the harpoon, which would bring them into the range of the knife attacks.

Having said all that I don't agree on removing the snipe attack. an operative should be able to use all available weapons and situations. You could still have the sniping mechanic but from a pistol, and eliminate the not so stealthy carbine rifle. I'd even go so far as to say that the knife should be the primary weapon for the operative, with the pistol as a secondary

I actually agree with the knife as your primary with pistols being secondary when you become and operative.

Honestly i think they screwed up the weapons when it comes to the operative and the BH. BH should start with the rifle, and if you become a marauder, guess what you get pistols.

And IAs get blasters, and when you become a sniper, get the sniper rifle and the operative continues with the blaster pistol.

For certain thing jobs as an operative would do, a blaster rifle is just not really linear for having to sneak weapons like an agent would have to do.

I think part of the reason they kept pistols only for BH and Rifles only for ops is so it is easier to make stats for gear since we use cunning and they use aim (I think?) and what not.

vanguards also use blaster rifles as aim so the stats isn't it. they did it to mess with people troopers, BH pubs side replacement, gets rifles and smugglers get pistols while agents gets rifles. its just to mess with the players and agents going to sniper would like tiny gun to big sniper rifle huh? as gunslinger duel wield pistols. yea ops should get a pistol with the melee knive but meh... btw i never use snipe.

if the target is still alive after the melee round i use the crouch and droid then pop out with a nade and melee round, as both droid and snipe together is 40 of our 100 engery is costly if u need to pop some heals(if they live still dart and overload between melee and heals). for pvp i never use crouch unless i pop the droid thing for damage.

heal speced.

I went sniper because tbh i despise operative, Hack op in pvp (easy mode), 100% usless in raids, Too many ppl play them as heals in PvE and ahve no idea how to heal properly therefore ive only seen ONE op healer taht can keep up with a merc and sorc. Sniper ftw in my view.

I have a sniper and an operative healer at lv50, as well as a sorcerer healer, and I love healing on my operative. You have big single-target heals, you have HOTs, you have survival and utility talents. It's a great class for end-game PVE healing because it's so mobile and because of the instant-cast heals for panic moments. One of my guildies who has a merc and sorc healer has levelled an operative just because the class is so fun and so effective.

Maybe you don't enjoy the class - the energy management system is a bit more complex than some and takes getting used to - but I guarantee you, an operative healer can more than hold their own at end game PVE.

• 3 months later...

Honestly I think that Sniper is way easier to play than operative (dps). You have to keep constantly moving in order to pull off backstabs and chase kiters.( people who run from you duh)

So no operative does feel right you just dont have the talent to play. You need up to 25 hotkeys and commands ready in order to play op dps at level 50.

Edited by atramiasma
grammer