Arsenal and Gunnery - worst DPS spec in game

Sahidismail

To summon up the life of an Arsenal/Gunnery Comando/Merc nowadays:

Worst DPS spec in game

Pulls out more threat than any other spec - Tanks hate us

CF set (pre nerf) was better than what Apex Predator set is now

And if that wasn´t enough, Apex Predator set requires you to build (pre fight): 10 stacks of supercharge and an additional 5 stacks of power step that last 20 secs and are a pain to synchronise with the tank starting of the fight (drains energy, takes too long to set it and the 5 stacks disappear too fast) - Tanks also hate us for that

Being played as fools vs other specs with worst gear

Too much initial burst and unable to maintain DPS after that

Ok we do have great survivability but FFS we want to kill not play as tanks / healers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Re inlisted after 6 years off. Maining mostly this class imp/reb.

I was amazed at how bad its become. I wasnt top dps back then neither but i could hold my own. Now.... defences are alright ( might be too much for a dps class imo) but the dps is laughtable ... what happened??

Re inlisted after 6 years off. Maining mostly this class imp/reb.

I was amazed at how bad its become. I wasnt top dps back then neither but i could hold my own. Now.... defences are alright ( might be too much for a dps class imo) but the dps is laughtable ... what happened??

Arsenal/Gunnery’s damage was re-tooled because those specs were the 5.x equivalent of Concealment Op, along with Vengeance Jugg. Unfortunately, the adjustment went too far in the opposite direction, making both specs almost useless in PvP, as well as some uncapped content. I was also startled by how much Arsenal Merc got nerfed when I actually took mine into PvP. It felt so bad that I just deleted that toon, as I had already finished all of the PvE content that existed at that time with it.