Why should I even begin with "To Find a Findsman" ?

Stormwinds

I am confused right now, havent touched my boosted char for a while now and trying to reverse engineer what is going on ;)

Created the boosted char and then went back to my main.

So I am curious if I can make things worse if I dont consider the right chronology or something like that with a boosted character.

Had a free Boost to 70 token from subbing. (No not the master datacron) So I used it on a new character to twink.

All story quests are non existent and I started somewhere **********spoiler warning *********

where Darth Malgus is revived again somehow but it says it is a "companion" quest-line on Ossus.

Also I have the "To Find a Findsman" quest im my quest log and now I am wondering if I should even do that grindy quest or not.

As companions available now I have (taking deep breath):

Aric

Gault

Kaliyo

Lana

T7

Theron

Torian

Malavai

Raina

So hmm not sure. Any tips/hints/infos are appreciated.

Short version; completing "To Find A Findsman" unlocks recruitment Alliance Alerts from your various 'department heads' (Hylo, Bey'wan, Oggurab and Sana-Rae) to recruit various companions - some from other classes, some from your own, and at least one that's new. If you want to regain old companions that don't return as part of the storyline (I.E. Mako, Blizz, and Skadge, for a Bounty Hunter), you have to complete their respective recruitment missions.

As a bonus, the recruitment missions also give Alliance Crates which you can take to your 'department heads' and have them open, giving you influence with them (which adds up to rewards and buffs) and a cut of the contents - equipment, mounts, it varies.

Alliance Recruitment isn't a necessity to play the game, you're completely fine if you feel you have enough companions as-is, but it can be a fun way to continue various storylines from the pre-'Knights' era (Completing Blizz's mission "Little Boss" unlocks "Big Boss", which allows one to recruit Guss Tano, former Smuggler companion, who has spent the last five years once again training with the Force and who now uses his Master's old Lightsaber instead of the blaster of before) or create new character/companion combinations (Mako, for example, brings Akaavi Spar, former Smuggler companion, with her to the Bounty Hunter's Alliance, and vice versa with Akaavi bringing Mako for a Smuggler)

Adding on to what turbomagnus said, if you do choose to do To Find a Findsman, because you started with Jedi Under Siege the moment you complete TFaF your Companions and Contacts window will fill up with between eight and fourteen alerts (depending on how many bonus companions you have access to), which will make the window more of a PITA to use that it already is. So, just be aware. Alerts are completely optional, but if you choose to do TFaF then be prepared to do them all or you will have a bunch of Alerts at the top of your C&C window that you have to scroll through or close that section before you can select a companion.