Do people still play GSF actively?

xXxNYROxXx

I don't play it myself, but from threads here, and people talking in game, it does seem to have a core following. And while it's not popping every minute, of every day, there does seem to be enough to keep the community going, and people to get their weeklies, plus some.

I've been playing it for a few weeks* - to get Conquest points, I'm not any good at it and my teams have more than likely been mad at me and possibly ignored me. But yes, I do play GSF.

* Couldn't play it on my old computer, got a new one for an early Christmas gift from my son about 6 weeks ago, so I have been trying out the content I was unable to play the past few years.

I've been playing it for a few weeks* - to get Conquest points, I'm not any good at it and my teams have more than likely been mad at me and possibly ignored me. But yes, I do play GSF.

* Couldn't play it on my old computer, got a new one for an early Christmas gift from my son about 6 weeks ago, so I have been trying out the content I was unable to play the past few years.

If you haven't done it already. Try the tutorial (it's bad, but will teach the basic controls), and do a search for Despon's GSF school Video's. He has some really good ones for beginner pilots.

If you haven't done it already. Try the tutorial (it's bad, but will teach the basic controls), and do a search for Despon's GSF school Video's. He has some really good ones for beginner pilots.

Thanks for the info. I did the tutorial way back at GSF launch, but that was awhile ago, :eek: I'll have to try it again.

I will take a look at some videos, may get me to the point I don't feel so out of place.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes. GSF has more of a core following compared to Ground PVP, but yes plenty of people still play it. On certain days (usually Fridays to Sundays and Tuesdays when it resets) you can see double matches at peak hours. But usually its one match ends before the next starts. Holla if you want any help getting to grips with it.

• 1 month later...
Yes people still play... that being said, the only way to play is with a group of friends. Unless of course, you enjoy losing every match. The current state of GSF is beyond broken.

I have to disagree. Sometimes the game is lopsided and you end up on the loosing team, sometimes on the winning team. But there are also many games that are quite balanced.

For reference, I am almost exclusively a solo-queuer and I have a win ratio of 58.58% on my current main on Darth Malgus.

Yes people still play... that being said, the only way to play is with a group of friends. Unless of course, you enjoy losing every match. The current state of GSF is beyond broken.

It is in better state than it has ever been. Almost every ship has a genuine path to victory now. Some fit for every situation better than others,some are harder to succeed in than others. Yet, more or less every ship besides T2 GS has a place in a match now. I truly don't miss the meta where all you really had were T2 scouts and GS nests decorating bomber walls. Overly popular FOTM ships of today (Strikes) make much more entertaining and..accessible space than FOTM ships of the meta as it was before the last big patch.

When it comes to winning and losing..well, thats pvp for you.

Matchmaker would thank from a queue pool that has nothing but folks joining solo though. Matchmaker just can't deal with premades. At all. One premade in pool and match its likely imbalanced by default. Two or more premade teams in queue pool and it goes bonkers: those teams are as likely to end up on same side as opposing one anoher.Beyond that, it seems likely matchmaker feels 4 x AFK conq farmers and 4 x GSF Worldchampionships 2000 finalists are no differen premades t in terms of weight.

Ofc there are valid arguments against that. " But i wanna play with my guildies and friends!" Yeah, sure. Don't we all. Still, I'm sure MM would make better matches if solo q is all you could ever do.

Edited by Stradlin