Is it possible to pry Corso off of your face?

bright_ephemera

Personality wise...hes a little aloof at first' date=' he's got his head pretty deep in the hive mind, but he eventually warms up to you. hes intelligent, HIGHLY observant, eager to serve, very eloquent and polite, force sensitive in some very backwards killik way that leaves him in a constant zen mode, poetic, and ..erm just roll an agent. you will ether go " ew" or be assimilated into the fangirl hivemind.[/quote']

Thanks for the info, I'll probably romance him later on, I'll see how Quinn turns out. :)

And this is why men hate women.

Just want to say, it goes both ways. People can be jerks regardless of gender. I consider myself a "nice girl" and have been treated badly by men in the past, but that doesn't make me hate men. I personally love Corso because he is a southern gentlemen with a protective type personality, but that's what I like. I expect men to be nice and curtious, though I suppose that's not what everyone wants. Just saying that there are plenty of nice girls like myself that appreciate nice guys.

When it comes down to it, it's a fictional romance and should be fun for whoever is playing the game. Not everyone role plays as well as others, like I cant even pick the flirt choices with anyone other then my Corso because it makes me feel bad, just like it would in RL. So if hating on poor Corso is your thing then hey, go for it, but that's not everyone's style so generalizations aren't exactly fair.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the info, I'll probably romance him later on, I'll see how Quinn turns out. :)

Quinn is something special. I've played SW start to finish. I would say a relationship with him goes very slow, but it goes very slow for a guy who starts out day 1 swearing himself to you and your cause, to follow where you lead, to hold any line you choose, to offer everything he is and has in your name - not for profit, not because he has no other place to go, but because he believes in you.

You know, once you get past that lil' detail the relationship goes slow. :) I had more fun backing off when he got actively nervous, and passing over [Flirt]s to keep him comfortable at my side (he'll approach when he's ready), than I had with any other romance in the game.

Quinn is something special. I've played SW start to finish. I would say a relationship with him goes very slow, but it goes very slow for a guy who starts out day 1 swearing himself to you and your cause, to follow where you lead, to hold any line you choose, to offer everything he is and has in your name - not for profit, not because he has no other place to go, but because he believes in you.

You know, once you get past that lil' detail the relationship goes slow. :) I had more fun backing off when he got actively nervous, and passing over [Flirt]s to keep him comfortable at my side (he'll approach when he's ready), than I had with any other romance in the game.

That sounds awesome. Slow is good, I rushed it with Corso, his affection was 10000 at level 35. I haven't got Quinn yet, I get him in the 20s right? Gonna take it slow with him seems like it will be a bit more enjoyable that way.

The one you're missing Republic side is the scumbag insincere player. At some point somebody will have to explain to me

how the One-Shiv Wonder is effeminate; maybe I'm too much of a pasty-faced academic myself, but he always seemed to stay on the masculine edge of neutral to my eye.

I wasn't even trying to mistreat Corso, and for a long time I still did like his company, which just made his meltdown suck even more. Really, man? Can we not just say, once and for all, "Stop hitting on me," and then either part ways or agree to treat each other decently?

Explaining as best I can...

I find

the One Shiv Wonder

effeminate because:

1. He's just a little too good looking (which I find creepy in bugborgboy as well).

2. His accent is just a little too refined.

3. His stance and pose remind me a little too much of a Mako reskin.

4. His general "fussiness" strikes me, rightly or wrongly, as feminine rather than masculine.

Re: Corso

It's funny. On one of my smugglers (I've played a few), I tried to run the Corso romance, and stopped in amused disgust when he

hit on me on the bridge of my ship, leaned in for the kiss, and GAVE ME A PISTOL and not even the right fleshy kind, either.

At that point, I declared that ship to have sailed, and proceeded to shoot him down at every turn.

Have you seen "Sparkles" too? I mean really... all it is is a sex toy with a scope on it... look at it. Really... look at it.

Corso has it bad for Femsmug.

iuno...i aint taking my chances using it, only to find out it actually was a blaster when i pulled the trigger....

OW

Corso rubbed me the wrong way right off the bat with his "I Dun keel wimmin-folk" comment so I never picked a flirt option with him. However I still through pretty much all the conversations with him got the impression that he was my personal online stalker. Every time my smuggler flirted with someone I got negative affection. It actually irritated me to no end. I hadn't romanced him at all and he still thought he could tell my character who she could take to the bedroom. Apparently there are no anti-stalker laws in GFFA and you can't EVER get him off your ship. Thankfully Risha came along and I managed with her until I got Gus.

If I could put a blaster on the droid Corso wouldn't have even known there was a galaxy outside my ship.

I liked him and I think he works really well if you play your smuggler a certain way (young, somewhat immature, idealistic). Apparently he is only supposed to be 19.

But I totally agree that the fiancee thing was just...bizarre. I suspect it was thrown in to open things up for a quest in an expansion where you meet her, and probably tell her "f you got mine". Would have been REALLY nice if they expanded on that some before, you know...he asks you out. The way it is now is just weird.

Maybe I'm one of the few who Corso hasn't gotten to crazy with. But early on I kept the flirts to a minimal. I shot him down at the first "captain have you ever thought of giving up the adventure to settle down?" around 30 I started flirting a little. But I saw the crazy jealous tendency when I first got to the cantina on Corruscant. So i knew that if I didn't play it carefully I would loose too much affection with him. and the greater the affection they have for you the better they do with your crew skills.

It's all in how much and how often you flirt that determines how crazy he will end up getting

No, I was more along the lines of how sadistic some women can be regardless of a fictional character or not. Flirting just to tease, leading a person on, then getting angry at the person for making advances.

Corso most definitely isn't the perfect character, but most of the males in the game aren't when you play the way you do.

Yes, how DARE someone flirt with someone and then change their mind later when the person they were flirting with turns out to be creepy, sexist, possessive and doesn't know the meaning of the word no. Corso is gross. Corso should be able to be dumped.

This bugs me about all the romances, really. There's no way to get out of them once the switch is flipped, it seems like. We should be able to back out of them whenever we want to, because man, who wants to be FORCED to conclude a romance they're not enjoying?

Edited by Birna

We should be able to back out of them whenever we want to, because man, who wants to be FORCED to conclude a romance they're not enjoying?

My compulsive "look at the other side of the issue" says we're not forced. We can always just ignore all associated content. As it is I'm leaving Corso on the ship, skipping out on the crafting and legacy bonuses from raising his approval above 6k, and just shutting my eyes or sending him on pointless gathering missions when I have to go to my own bridge (his usual haunt) to travel somewhere. I don't have to deal with him...but as time goes on there are increasingly many buffs I'm missing out on because dealing with him makes me nauseous.

My compulsive "look at the other side of the issue" says we're not forced. We can always just ignore all associated content. As it is I'm leaving Corso on the ship, skipping out on the crafting and legacy bonuses from raising his approval above 6k, and just shutting my eyes or sending him on pointless gathering missions when I have to go to my own bridge (his usual haunt) to travel somewhere. I don't have to deal with him...but as time goes on there are increasingly many buffs I'm missing out on because dealing with him makes me nauseous.
This happened to me on my Warrior. I really didn't like Quinn all that much, but i flirted with him a little bit. Then the romance started, and I rolled with it for a little bit, mostly taking the more commanding approach and using him like a stress relief. After a particular event in the story, I told him I was breaking it off with him... Then what happens next? He asks me to marry him ... I told him no.

After a particular event in the story, I told him I was breaking it off with him... Then what happens next? He asks me to marry him ... I told him no.

This is starting to sound like an extremely bad bug. I had finished all of Quinn's conversations by that point, so when I said "It's over" I assumed the game state would correctly save that. It didn't for you?

If romances are consistently failing to record "Quit it already," I may have to start a "NO MEANS NO" petition campaign to have that fixed.

I liked Corso, up until he spouted the ignorant crap about "that blue-headed fella" and how he talked stupid and should essentially learn the language. My smuggler is Chiss...she's not having any of that anymore. I have already flirted twice, so this is disheartening to read as it looks like I won't be able to stop the romance now that it's begun.

Funny thing...

I always thought he was put into game for the promised Male-Male romance, (which by the way, I will pass on and will definitely want a turn off button.) He has a lot of the needed characteristics. Since I am playing a dude, right now, he is always, "You da Man" when I make a ... umm .. Royal, Senatorial conquest.

I liked Corso, up until he spouted the ignorant crap about "that blue-headed fella" and how he talked stupid and should essentially learn the language. My smuggler is Chiss...she's not having any of that anymore. I have already flirted twice, so this is disheartening to read as it looks like I won't be able to stop the romance now that it's begun.

mine is too ( i won't tell your toon's parents where you are, if you don't tell mine :cool: )

once he tries blue..he will find nothing else will do.

LOL, I am Imperial out of place as well... but not by race.

My Gunslinger is named Vette...

my agent's daughter...got stranded lol

i'm gonna see if you can derail the romance by cheating on him endlessly. aperantly you can derail vettes

if you rent her sister

all my other toons, aside from a little hiccup with a voss honeymoon on my agent, are sickeningly loyal to thier boy toys... corso just seems like hes made to be riled up :D

and besides, he was given permission to attempt to woo me... i didn't agree to any commitment yet ;)

Aaawww come on ;) That obsessive behavior is all part of his personality and it gives depth to his childhood trauma.

True, if you refuse to flirt, I believe it should register somewhere and affect future conversations with the companion.

But frankly, I believe all this possessiveness and emotive dependency adds a lot to Corso's personality and makes him different than the other companions you can romance. If they all had the same quirks, they would become quite boring ;)

I'm sure Corso got things to makes us see beyond his behavior ;)

Edited by Lawrichai

Aaawww come on ;) That obsessive behavior is all part of his personality and it gives depth to his childhood trauma.

True, if you refuse to flirt, I believe it should register somewhere and affect future conversations with the companion.

But frankly, I believe all this possessiveness and emotive dependency adds a lot to Corso's personality and makes him different than the other companions you can romance. If they all had the same quirks, they would become quite boring ;)

heheh....if thats the pic i saw earlier ( at folk's house atm lol) i admit..that pushed me off the fence into his pasture :D

need moar cheezecake swtor man pinups!

Oh my, that's fantastic :)

I still despise this rat, but that doesn't mean I don't know good fan art when I see it. Lawrichai hits the mark, once again, right there. Love the pistols.

(Frankly, the Sparkles conversation was the single most disarming...well, arming, but you know what I mean...conversation my smuggler Nic had with anybody prior to maybe Lokir-ka on Voss. Maximum d'aww, especially for a girl who had taken Armstech. Too bad the farmboy went off the deep end afterwards.)

He has perfectly decent character reasons to be a possessive leech, but that doesn't mean I find it appealing in the least, and my smuggler has no time for that crap. She told him to stop calling her a lady, and he won't. She told him she doesn't want or need a protector, he handwaved that away. He just doesn't actually care what my smuggler wants or says, he thinks he knows what she REALLY needs, which for all his blathering about "respect," is extremely disrespectful and adds to the impression that he doesn't love my smuggler, he loves some version of my smuggler that exists only in his head.

My smuggler wants, and frankly deserves, better than that. The women who like the Corso romance, hey. I am happy you have a romance that you find satisying. But I want out, and there's no way out except for just refusing to interact with him at all, which is stupid. And I feel this way about any of the romances. I love the Doc romance to pieces, but I don't think women who are skeeved out by him after flirting with him a bit should be stuck having him act like they're a THING when they aren't (although I am pretty sure you can break up with him for good right at the very end ... but they shouldn't have to wait until it gets that far!).

tl, dr: Let us dump people, for heaven's sake!