So Bioware, about the Sorceror issue...

Torleen

So during the full BETA I was in on the Revan server, for a long time there were a lot of complaints that it seemed that Sorcerers/Sages were doing far more damage and healing far more then all the other classes. There was simply no point in playing anything else.

The Sorcerer crowd of course came out of the woodwork to troll, insult, etc anyone who saw there was a problem and claimed everyone who did not like them doing so much more damage then everyone else should just learn to play their class, blah blah blah.

Eventually, a developer came forward and pointed out that there was a bug in Warzones that was causing all classes that depended on their weapons for damage were not being bolstered correctly. Basically, if you were a weapon damage class (Meaning everyone but Sorcerer and Sage) your damage was stuck at whatever level you were. So because of this, Sorcerers were doing FAR more damage then all the other classes because they were being bolstered correctly.

Yet the Sorcerer community believed this was just fine, saw no anomaly and insulted anyone who dare speak the sacrilege that their mighty PVP skills were not what was helping them win was viciously attacked.

While that bug was eventually fixed, it is clear there is still a problem here. Bioware told us BETA testers that these two classes were the most developed, and that they were hoping to boost all the other classes to compensate rather then nerfing Sorcerers.

We are waiting...

Edit: I put in bold the statement that people in this thread seem to be ignoring. Also, please not I never called for a nerf anywhere in this post and people are telling me to stop asking for nerfs.

Edited by Torleen

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its fairly obvious that from the post match tables that the sorcerers / sages are doing a lot more dmg / heals than the other classes. I agree with BW here - dont bother nerfing these classes but just buff the others that need it, bringing them to an even level.

This sounds so factual to what we see I can not doubt it.

I think Sorcerers are a skill class, and that attracts more skilled players, so.....lol, can't even do it with a straight face! Don't nerf me bro!

Its fairly obvious that from the post match tables that the sorcerers / sages are doing a lot more dmg / heals than the other classes. I agree with BW here - dont bother nerfing these classes but just buff the others that need it, bringing them to an even level.

Sorcs/sages are doing more damage and healing on average because most matches have 50% sorcs/sages. It's the fad class. That doesn't necessarily mean they're stronger. When's the last time you saw a scoundrel/op healer? My first 50 was an op healer and I easily put out the same healing as sorcs, but I've never seen another scoundrel/op healer in pvp...

I'd much rather have a sorc open up on me than a tracer missile or hidden strike...

Edited by Jooji

@ Jooji, u say that you can hit the heals of a Sorc on your Ops. Ok are you hitting their damage as well? I know a few folks that on average can outheal a Sorc in a WZ but these classes are nowhere near the damage output. This to me is the problem. When u have 1 Sorc hitting 2-300k heals and doing at least half that in dmg? Youre saying thats just fine?

Haha 7v2 and they ain't OP.. geez.. Just try fighthing 2any class vs 2 sorcs 3v3 etc.

It's killable only on 1v1 any class with sorc gets too big freakin OP power.

Btw, when I find one on WZ I just kill to let them know they are all n00bs;p

Played my whole life caster classes and I see there is no skill in every 1 sorc I have ever seen in swtor.

@ Jooji, u say that you can hit the heals of a Sorc on your Ops. Ok are you hitting their damage as well? I know a few folks that on average can outheal a Sorc in a WZ but these classes are nowhere near the damage output. This to me is the problem. When u have 1 Sorc hitting 2-300k heals and doing at least half that in dmg? Youre saying thats just fine?

lol if only you knew. The thing about sorcs is they just have too much utility, and their spec options are insane.

I have a level 50 of each healer. With the sorc I can push 300k dmg/300k healing with a hybrid healing/madness spec. While that is very rare, in the hybrid spec you can fairly easily hit 150k/150k every match. I never hit 150k/150k or 300k/300k on my operative healer but I did hit 600-700k healing matches.

They just need to move the utility further up into the trees, especially the overload roots and the instant that procs off force lightning.

and SPRINT, imo, is the most overpowered ability in the game. That's the one thing I really miss about my sorc when I'm on my operative or trooper.

Edited by Jooji

Haha 7v2 and they ain't OP.. geez.. Just try fighthing 2any class vs 2 sorcs 3v3 etc.

It's killable only on 1v1 any class with sorc gets too big freakin OP power.

Btw, when I find one on WZ I just kill to let them know they are all n00bs;p

Played my whole life caster classes and I see there is no skill in every 1 sorc I have ever seen in swtor.

is this engrish?

Sorc and sage did get changed / nerfed several times through beta. The bubble mez stun used to be a 2nd tier talent making it so many hybrids and full heal specs were nigh unkillable, because not only was there a 3 sec mez on burst but also a 10 sec debuff timer on shield. Lightning used to have no survivability so they took some of the uber utility out of resto and madness (mez stun and root on knockback). They adjusted the tiers for damage specs moving Sith efficiency and wrath to a higher tier...

TL: DR they made quite a few changes so sage / sorc during beta. Will they change it again? Perhaps

Edited by Rabbican

I'd like to see all these people saying how god mode sorcerers/sages are PLAY one.

My sorc is the favored target of everyone, to the point that they'd rather waste time killing me than bothering with map goals. My team wins alot because of that.

EDIT: Some matches I spend more time running back from the respawn than actually playing. Its kind of ridiculous.

Edited by Kelticfury

I'd like to see all these people saying how god mode sorcerers/sages are PLAY one.

My sorc is the favored target of everyone, to the point that they'd rather waste time killing me than bothering with map goals. My team wins alot because of that.

EDIT: Some matches I spend more time running back from the respawn than actually playing. Its kind of ridiculous.

Hey u get your damage up that way lol.

I think Sorcerers are a skill class, and that attracts more skilled players, so.....lol, can't even do it with a straight face! Don't nerf me bro!

Force Lightning Force Lightning Force Lightning Force Lightning Force Lightning Force Lightning Force Lightning Force Lightning Force Lightning Force Lightning Force Lightning Force Lightning

Skill involved.

Force Lightning Force Lightning Force Lightning Force Lightning Force Lightning Force Lightning Force Lightning Force Lightning Force Lightning Force Lightning Force Lightning Force Lightning

Skill involved.

You missed the bubbles how could you do it without bubbles????

Shock -> Force Lightning -> Crushing Darkness -> Affliction -> Death Field. That's the cycle I'm using at the moment.

I was Corruption specced up until today and I respecced to Madness hybrid.

It feels like a world apart, so I can understand the differnece between healing and DPS sorc. But my figures are still "similar" per round. I would get 300/500k healing, now I get 250/350 damage and 50/150k healed etc. I find that I stand a chance of actually dropping people now, but my actual healing is awful now in comparison. If I want to heal in combat, it's awful.

Skill involved.

You know Force Lightning is just the filler ability we use between all our other spells in the most common maddness or lightning/maddness specs right? Its what we use to get enough force to cast our other spells and doesn't hit very hard. If you see Force Lightning on you, assume you are already dotted up.

The most common sorc pvp specs have only one ability that can hit for 5k for the metal, it is an AoE, needs to hit 3 people and crit for a combined damage of 5k over 3 people. Nothing we do hits any single person hard. Its just a lot of little tiny sources of damage.

Skill involved.

Not even close to the case, but I guess you just are sick of people ragging on you for tracertracertracertracer dead, tab, tracertracertracertracer, dead, tab, etc etc

So during the full BETA I was in on the Revan server, for a long time there were a lot of complaints that it seemed that Sorcerers/Sages were doing far more damage and healing far more then all the other classes. There was simply no point in playing anything else.

The Sorcerer crowd of course came out of the woodwork to troll, insult, etc anyone who saw there was a problem and claimed everyone who did not like them doing so much more damage then everyone else should just learn to play their class, blah blah blah.

Eventually, a developer came forward and pointed out that there was a bug in Warzones that was causing all classes that depended on their weapons for damage were not being bolstered correctly. Basically, if you were a weapon damage class (Meaning everyone but Sorcerer and Sage) your damage was stuck at whatever level you were. So because of this, Sorcerers were doing FAR more damage then all the other classes because they were being bolstered correctly.

Yet the Sorcerer community believed this was just fine, saw no anomaly and insulted anyone who dare speak the sacrilege that their mighty PVP skills were not what was helping them win was viciously attacked.

While that bug was eventually fixed, it is clear there is still a problem here. Bioware told us BETA testers that these two classes were the most developed, and that they were hoping to boost all the other classes to compensate rather then nerfing Sorcerers.

We are waiting...

Show me a sage that crits for 5900 and then come talk to me.

Well i would like to state im not gonna say "OMG nerf all Sorc's" because i dont know enougth about their class,i have rolled a sage and dinged 18 last night and so far the class seems very versatile.

My issue or the problem i am seeing is the sheer amount of them and what they can do together as a group,it is not uncommon for me to enter a WZ and see 3 to 4 sorcs and or inquisitor if not more every dam WZ,and these attacks not all but some stack.

I dont know enougth about the answer to this,im sure there is people on this forum more knowledgable than myself and i hope Bioware is looking into it,but i think its alittle too late honestly,you would be shocked how many of these casters are wearing that purple robe on my server.

As it stands currently i as a scoundrel cannot do much to a inquisitor or sorc,just cant,i guess im counter to just my mirror class i guess after tommorow.

As it stands currently i as a scoundrel cannot do much to a inquisitor or sorc,just cant,i guess im counter to just my mirror class i guess after tommorow.

Hmm if this was after 1.1 was live I might believe you. But the number of times I was flat on my sorceror backside while a scoundrel killed me in the 20+ wz I played yesterday makes me highly doubt this is anywhere near true.

Hmm if this was after 1.1 was live I might believe you. But the number of times I was flat on my sorceror backside while a scoundrel killed me in the 20+ wz I played yesterday makes me highly doubt this is anywhere near true.

You must be under geared to the scoundrel then and not using your bubble.

You know Force Lightning is just the filler ability we use between all our other spells in the most common maddness or lightning/maddness specs right? Its what we use to get enough force to cast our other spells and doesn't hit very hard. If you see Force Lightning on you, assume you are already dotted up.

The most common sorc pvp specs have only one ability that can hit for 5k for the metal, it is an AoE, needs to hit 3 people and crit for a combined damage of 5k over 3 people. Nothing we do hits any single person hard. Its just a lot of little tiny sources of damage.

That must be a lot of filler then because that's all I see from madness sorcerers as I take them down.