CM Item Design Contest(Please BW?)

Duran'del Here:

The SWTOR community, or at least what I have seen, doesn't really seem to be included by BW.

So why not a design contest? People could send designs in for different categories of gear, pets, and weapons. This would be a great way to involve the community and make money at the same time.

This is a great idea!

They could select, say, the top 5 submissions and let the community vote on them, even.

For prizes, maybe if you make it into the top 5, you get a free copy (and collections unlock to make more for alts/companions) of whatever item wins, and the winner also gets a smallish amount of bonus cc in addition to that and the satisfaction of knowing that you designed an in-game item.

I would like to see a SW: TOR design contest (be it for CM items or special new items at a special vendor).

At least one other game I used to play had a few fashion design contests during the years the game was around. And it was mail or E-Mail a scanned copy of your drawing to them. While my design wasn't chosen one of those times, I still had fun entering it.

i wish they would implement this. TF2 allows this along with planetside2. But they expect you to model in software. Is that what you are proposing? or just some plan ole sketch?

It w would just be a sketch. Like concept art that people send to BW. It would also be broken down into categories such as lightsabers, vibroswords, double bladed lightsabers, elecrostaves, blasters, blaster rifles, autocannons, color crystals, heavy-looking armor, medium-looking armor, light-looking armor, pets, etc.

I really like this idea!

I noticed we got a couple of outfits from the skimpy male outfit thread, that was started ages ago. all they did was edit out half of an existing piece for some of it. others they seem to have designed from scratch based on what that guy had edited and posted in that thread.

Here's to hoping! :D