Anyone else an aspiring non-fanfic writer?

TheSupaCoopa

Duran'del here:

I'm going to say this: I love writing. I love coming up with universes inside my head and putting them onto paper. And I hope I'm not the only one. I'd like to hear your story.

I've been writing for a very long time. My first story was a fanfic for LEGO universe before it closed. After that, I stopped witing. Then I had an odd dream- I was running through some sort of city, with metallic tentacles coming out of the ground. I ran into a building and climbed into a mech suit, and woke up. And that was one of the pieces that started my creative juices flowing again. The other pieces were playing Halo: Reach for the first time and picking up a Ceph weapon in Crysis 3. After reading Tom Clancy, I was inspired to finally get back to my desk and write. I'm currently working on my first novel, a sci-fi thriller with some psychological thriller elements set in the Cold War era in an alternate history, and I'm planning on making a trilogy, with spin-offs and stories taking place after the events of the first novel(And one set post-WWII).

That's my story. What's yours? What are you currently writing? NOTE: Fanfic doesn't count.