Call me greedy...entitled.. all you want..

Ayelinna

I'm not complaining about getting something for free...

I'm complaining about the way they "reward" me as a paying customer.

You got something for free.

You're now complaining about that something that you got, because it wasn't what you expected. . . Honestly, I don't understand why they even need to "reward" paying customers with anything other than what you are paying for -- access to the game.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look guys.

It was suggested a while back that they should give subs a grant of coins to defray the cost of using the appearance system (and perhaps name change, they had not sent out the free name changes yet).

I would guess that this is most likely the reason they passed it out. I might be wrong of course, but it's likely they saw our suggestion, liked it, and decided to act on it.

So it's really our fault it was coins, not Bioware, if they listened to our feedback.

The problem with this wife analogy is that you typically love your wife and intend to spend your whole life with.

This is absolutely not the case between Bioware and us.

We are not married, we are not etzernally sworn to each other. Heck, we are not even real friends. I will never get to know anyone of the Devs in person (unless any come to the GamesCon to Cologne this year), but even if I meet them there, the resulting relation will be nothing more than "barely knowing them" and a lot less than friends.

I will never give any kind of birthday gift to the devs. I am their customer !

We got something for free without any kind of obligation. And people are complaining about it. This is ungrateful, regardless of the nature of the gift.

The gift does have a value, you cannot possibly deny that fact. And for that value, you can either be thankful or shut up. This level of complaining is ridiculous.

I'd like to see the relationship you have with your clients. I'm sure they are very pleased and like the way you consider them.

I'll never offer a product that my client doesn't like to apologize because he doesn't like this very product (and paid for something else). The message would received as : "don't ever do business with me anymore". And on my part i canceled my sub ; it's the last time I get slaped in the face by EA.

Edited by Kesphin

Even that is wrong.

It would be like them saying to show up this weekend -- and giving you the lunch you always recieve AND a free dinner. You got something extra, did you not?

Don't like it? Well -- you can complain that it isn't good enough all you'd like. But it is awfully pathetic to complain about a free gift.

Actually no. This is not correct either.

It would be like an amusement park gives you a free lunch once per month if you have a season pass. People complain that the people without a season pass can buy the same lunch, it's not really that special. They say we hear you and we have a special reward for you on this date. You show up and get the same free lunch you were complaining about.

The amusement park (aka Bioware) does one of these: http://whitsblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Troll_Face.png

What JPryde said.

Reminds me of one time when I told my wife I had a present for her, and she got all excited. When she saw it was just a movie DvD she couldn't hide her disappointment and said in disbelief 'THAT'S MY PRESENT?!' I would have been better off not announcing the present in advance, or just giving her a gift card with funds on it instead.

Yeah, well ... you give someone Transformers 2: Dark Side of the Moon, what do you expect?

Even that is wrong.

It would be like them saying to show up this weekend -- and giving you the lunch you always recieve AND a free dinner. You got something extra, did you not?

Don't like it? Well -- you can complain that it isn't good enough all you'd like. But it is awfully pathetic to complain about a free gift.

Are we seriously going to have to get further into this before you admit you're wrong? Nobody is disputing BW gave us 500 coins; we're talking about the way they did it. Even BW said they should have done it differently.

Okay, so the amusement park has a high end cafeteria with gourmet chefs. You come in and for lunch you get a ham and cheese sandwich. So then you go out for the rest of the afternoon and play in the amusement park (or in our case shop in the CM). When it's finally time for you to be appreciated, you're marched into the cafeteria full of prime rib and lobster and this time are given just a ham sandwich. You think they're just giving you that sandwich out of the goodness of their hearts because they appreciate you? You're honestly naïve enough to believe this wasn't meant to encourage purchasing more CC?

If I were to make three assumptions....

1) The vast majority of the playerbase likely welcomes and appreciates the free coins.

2) The grant was probably motivated by player feedback based on the concern over the appearance system requiring coins for use

3) The fervor that exists has more to do with distaste for the F2P/Market model and the recent letdown when players discovered the new comp would be available as a CC unlock than it has to do with actual concerns about a proper way to treat customers and show appreciation.

Now, that said....

There is no reasonable reason, IMO, that Bioware could not offer something unique to subscribers. I have suggested some type of interval reward system...there are other ideas.

I also do not think it is unreasonable to point out that, considering the current fervor it might be a good idea to throw subs a bone or two.

This is how it is likely going to be from now on ladies and gents....the game is moving toward a broader casual appeal. The days of hardcore appeal are likely over, not just here but in the entire market.

F2P hybrid models are the likely future of MMOs. Like it or not, that is how it is. That means casuals rule the day.

Edited by LordArtemis

You're honestly naïve enough to believe this wasn't meant to encourage purchasing more CC?

Naive? LOL.

How about, mature enough to realize that this won't encourage normal people with self-control to purchase additional CCs.

Newsflash -- NOTHING they could've done would've been without complaint. The fact that something was done at all is good enough for me. I don't understand the mindset that people "deserve" more. Why? You CHOOSE to pay for a subscription, and you know what you will get. If you aren't happy with what you will get -- don't buy it anymore!

If I bought ANY OTHER consumer product -- subscription-based or non-sub based -- I wouldn't continue to purchase it and get pissed off that they don't do the things I want to the product. I'd stop wasting my money on something.

If you feel that BW NEEDS to do something to make you feel special -- you should probably re-evaluate your choice of paying to play this game. Clearly it isn't good enough for you.

1) The vast majority of the playerbase likely welcomes and appreciates the free coins.

Thats because they dont use the forums.

Its like voting. People have the right to vote but some people just dont care

Naive? LOL.

Newsflash -- NOTHING they could've done would've been without complaint.

Well, now - I don't seem to remember anyone complaining abou the 'Founder' title. I think a lot of subscribers - myself included - were expecting something unique. Something that marks us out as, well, subscribers - a new mount, a title ... even a pet (although that would have been pushing it, given the number already available and their general uselessness.)

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect devs who work full-time on this game to come up with something the playerbase would respond to positively. But then again, maybe they don't actually know us all that well?

Isn't that what gift certificates are for? To give to someone when you don't know what they'd like?

Edited by UltimateKrucible

Newsflash -- NOTHING they could've done would've been without complaint.

Erm...they could have not told us and not set our expectations so high?

If you feel that BW NEEDS to do something to make you feel special -- you should probably re-evaluate your choice of paying to play this game. Clearly it isn't good enough for you.

Again, a common but pointless and ignorant argument. How about you accept the fact people have different needs/feelings/opinions than you.

Edited by Ayelinna

Thats because they dont use the forums.

Its like voting. People have the right to vote but some people just dont care

...I don't think it's because they don't use the forums. I think it's because they like free stuff. Pretty much any free stuff.

But yes, many folks don't likely care about this sort of thing. That doesn't mean it should be ignored or dismissed, but it is a likely reality that we should probably accept and respect.

Like it or not, majority rules.

Again, a common but pointless and ignorant argument. How about you accept the fact people have different needs/feelings/opinions than you.

So, my argument is pointless and ignorant because you CHOOSE to play a game you dislike?

I'm sorry that I expect people to behave rationally -- or at least realize when they are behaving irrationally. Apparently I AM naive for thinking that is possible.

Naive? LOL.

How about, mature enough to realize that this won't encourage normal people with self-control to purchase additional CCs.

Newsflash -- NOTHING they could've done would've been without complaint. The fact that something was done at all is good enough for me. I don't understand the mindset that people "deserve" more. Why? You CHOOSE to pay for a subscription, and you know what you will get. If you aren't happy with what you will get -- don't buy it anymore!

If I bought ANY OTHER consumer product -- subscription-based or non-sub based -- I wouldn't continue to purchase it and get pissed off that they don't do the things I want to the product. I'd stop wasting my money on something.

Okay, so once again you've started on a completely different point. I've never once said BW needs to do something special for me or anyone else. Or that I thought I'm not getting my money's worth. Stop putting words in my mouth because you can't come up with a retort to our original argument. A simple "I'm wrong" would have sufficed.

Careful Ayelinna....though you are just insulting a person's opinion here, probably fair game, not the person directly this could be considered trolling with such a direct insult.

Try the word foolish instead of ignorant. I basically means the same thing but is not quite so inflammatory.. I use it quite a bit. You need to tone it down a bit IMO....but naturally you are entitled to do anything you want.

So, my argument is pointless and ignorant because you CHOOSE to play a game you dislike?

I'm sorry that I expect people to behave rationally -- or at least realize when they are behaving irrationally. Apparently I AM naive for thinking that is possible.

Well thats pretty ignorant considering i've never said I dislike the game.

Dislike and disappointment are different.

Just goes to show how people like you assume things about people on these forums. I can no longer take you seriously and I will not respond to you until you make a respectful argument.

Careful Ayelinna....though you are just insulting a person's opinion here, probably fair game, not the person directly this could be considered trolling with such a direct insult.

Try the word foolish instead of ignorant. I basically means the same thing but is not quite so inflammatory.. I use it quite a bit. You need to tone it down a bit IMO....but naturally you are entitled to do anything you want.

I was saying their argument is ignorant. Not the person.

"I know a girl who is very rich but who has a low self esteem when it comes to all other areas of her life. Guess what does this girl complain about all the time?

The "nouveau riche" or people who recently became rich! According to her own belief system she is only successful at being rich and so everyone who becomes rich is considered a threat to her self worth or her main identity as a unique rich girl.

As you can see from the previous example people also complain when they feel threatened or when they find that other people are about to compete with them in the life area they are successful at the most."

I was saying their argument is ignorant. Not the person.

though you are just insulting a person's opinion here......

That much was clear. But I pointed out, and will again, that using inflammatory and derogatory language is still considered a forum violation as it can be considered trolling, with the intent to insult and elicit a negative response.

Snarky is fine IMO. Insulting a persons opinion is also fine...but take care with the harshness of your words.

It's advice, not a command. You can do what you want of course.

Well thats pretty ignorant considering i've never said I dislike the game.

Dislike and disappointment are different.

Just goes to show how people like you assume things about people on these forums. I can no longer take you seriously and I will not respond to you until you make a respectful argument.

You're joking, right?

LOL. I cannot take you seriously. You claim you are disappointed in this game. That is an understatement -- considering the dozens of hate threads you've started in the last few weeks.

Furthermore, you make no attempt at constructive criticism.

Even swapping to disappointment -- if you are so disappointed in this game that you feel the need to start dozens of threads within a few days, all complaining about the same thing -- maybe you should find a game to play that isn't quite so disappointing?

If a milkshake from McDonalds was disappointing -- I'd find another place to get a milkshake. Not continue to buy one every month and complain about it every day.