Hair should move naturally, and please add more styles.

I would like to see more hair styles moving naturally, such as the pig tails and the long hair on the men and that long '80's overly-thick hair on the women. It sits there like a helmet as if she used an entire can of hair spray on it. Also, the braid on the Princess Leia hair moves like a strip of paper instead of a braid. I would like to see more styles of long hair. Also, the hair length on the men should remain the same no matter their height. There's one style that hangs all the way down the back of the neck for the body style #1 men, but on the body style 3 men the same hair is considerably shorter. Why? And two more requests: 1) please have the back of the longer hair not be cut off by collars. Have the hair flow over the collar. 2) Have it evident that the characters still have hair if they're wearing hats. The hair shouldn't disappear..

Proper movement of hair objects is computationally painful. By that, I mean that although the mathermatical manipulations are reasonably well understood, computing them in real time is hard work, and all of the compromises that reduce the workload *also* degrade the quality of the appearance.

If the hair is not obstructed by armour, then the animations can be (mostly) pre-calculated and just played out(0), but as soon as it's necessary to take into account the presence of armour and/or back-carry weapons, it becomes necessary to let go of pre-calculation and do it on-the-fly. I think it would have to be a high / Ultra graphics setting to avoid issues on low-end PCs.

That said, some sort of hair-coloured "zone" that would be activated by a hat or hood would be nice. "Closed" hoods like the old-style class-story Jaesa tops (they were changed to hood-down back in April '19)(1) or the Vicious Adept top aren't so bad because it's hard to see that the character's hair is not there, but e.g. Dark Jaesa's "return" hood is "open" at the front which prompted significant (and deserved) adverse comment when it was released.

(0) I say "mostly" because certain styles should take into account things like wind. (This style for GW1 does, indeed, take the wind into account, but the calculations are very easy since only the two hanging strands are affected, and they can be treated like weighted rods without looking too odd. https://i.imgur.com/ThsugI0.png )

(1) http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=962740

EDIT: Secret Worlds Legends (and the original game) supports hair-under-hats.

My character without a hat: https://i.imgur.com/Laib8LB.jpg

Same character with a hat: https://i.imgur.com/JPVIvtG.jpg

Notice that there is still hair-coloured "hair" visible, but the ponytail has disappeared.

Edited by SteveTheCynic

I would love to see some new styles for all races and both genders.

I want to see some sort of hair under my hood, too.

Even more, I'd love it if they fixed the glitches with the newer hair styles.

If you pay CC for them, they really ought to work.

My poor smuggler's shaggy hair jumps forward, halfway through her head, on the regular, in and out of cutscenes.

Edited by Xina_LA

I would love more hair options too. Specially for races that are now discriminated like Cathar.

Cathar has very few hair options, even less of long hair and those are just horrible and look like a plastic wig. I still don't understand why so few options when most if not all desings that work for human should work without technical issues with cathar and other alient races (with hair).

• 2 weeks later...
All I want is for the long hairstyles to not clip through the hoods/collars of my outfits in the back and the dreads to stop flipping up and clipping into the back of my charecters skull...

That and the bottom of cloaks not doing a physics defying 90 degree vertical clip during a cut scene would be nice :)