Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hardest class to play.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Hardest class to play.

Bwuce
01.08.2012 , 03:09 PM | #41
operative/scoundrel, you have so much to do, heal, dps, cc, stealth...
stealth gives access to certain abilities, cover gives access to certain abilities, tactical advantage gives access to certain abilities, your best dmg is in melee, you have no knockbacks, u don't have a decent melee attack chain until like 24+, maybe higher. You're really squishy too, your CC is all melee range, your backstab has a cooldown and deals about 65% of the dmg of an assassin's backstab.

Marauders, if they can keep up, are amazing at killing people, the dmg is great, yes they are late bloomers, just like operative/scoundrel.

easiest classes? commando/mercenary, snipers...
the tanks are harder to play too but they have the survivability to help them, they can take more time making decisions.

Sniper is funny, friend of mine was assassin, he felt OP, his pc is lousy though, hard to pvp, he tried sniper, at lvl 12 highest hit of the WZ, 4300 dmg, he said "ok, bye assassin, this is way easier on my pc, hardly have to move and already my biggest hits are huge".

Sorcs are very powerful but at least they have to use a certain amount of skills to survive, the shield, some heals, cc etc, the heavy armored commandos are hard to kill as is with all the armor and an invulnerability bubble.

Nunchi
01.08.2012 , 04:01 PM | #42
you guys are kidding right? scoundrel/op is the easiest class ever. 50 scoundrel here, maybe its so easy because they are op by far but all i have to do is chainstun and backblast suckerpunch and my target is dead its so damn easy. just made a sentinel on my friends server and at low levels they own anything i dont even need a companion most of the time but at like 20 they are very much harder to play theres lots of cooldowns to use and things to worry about
the rage system is hard to manage, the delay makes it moreso, watchman is especially hard to master, way harder rotation, no actual heals, not much cc unless you spec into focus,
but very good dps if you have the skill for watchman

stephenjohnp
02.15.2012 , 01:50 AM | #43
Maur/Sent easily.

/thread

Caelrie
02.15.2012 , 02:05 AM | #44
The UI is so bad that any class that makes you watch for procs or debuffs is instantly made ten times harder than it should be.

Lambz
02.15.2012 , 02:25 AM | #45
If your saying the hardest class i'd say gunslinger just because you need to be extremly smart with what you do. Sure you can sit in cover and just snipe but against decent ppl they will just jump on you and you will die in a few seconds because of how squishy you are.

Midichlorien
02.15.2012 , 05:06 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Caelrie View Post
The UI is so bad that any class that makes you watch for procs or debuffs is instantly made ten times harder than it should be.
This.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion
The Force shall free me.

ScottHK
02.15.2012 , 06:13 AM | #47
I'd say scoundrel and Operative. Energy management, healing and CC. You can't spam your skills like Sents/Maurs who build rage and fury. Don't manage your energy properly you're going to have a lot of downtime.
Vaber : Sith Inquisitor : Sorceror : Trask Ulgo
Zeento : Smuggler : Scoundrel : Trask Ulgo

"You don't need a reason to help people."

oxente
02.15.2012 , 06:56 AM | #48
Someone tell me what's so hard about Mara/Sent. Its a melee class and is just like any other melee class in this game. If u play Assassin u do just fine with Mara.

The only sad point about Maras is that they get the Key Skills at very late lv.

Execute - 46
Intimidating - 42
Massacre - 40
Annihilate - 40
Force crush - 40

If you try pvp at low lv it will be a pain. But once you get all the skills, its ok just like any other melee.

The learning curve in this game is easily mastered with all classes if you do pvp with your toon since lvl 10. At least do the daily quests.

BobaFurz
02.15.2012 , 07:12 AM | #49
Operative aswell...opener with lvl 36 if they play concealment. Seems both are later bloomers.
STAR WARS
RETURN OF TEH HUTTBALL

SwordofSodan
02.15.2012 , 08:16 AM | #50
Marauders / Sentinels