Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hardest class to play.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Hardest class to play.

Neptune
12.17.2011 , 02:33 PM | #1
Making a new thread based off similiar to Best class for beginners. This is a question asked for your honest opinion or experience so please answer truthfully of what you think is the hardest class to play.

My opinion is Sentinel and Marauders. They're hard to catch up when the skills keep showing up. You had to focus.

Korvad
12.17.2011 , 04:10 PM | #2
Marauders / Sentinels, no contest.
Juyo's Master.

bobmcbo
12.17.2011 , 06:50 PM | #3
never tried marauders/sentinals, but smugglers/agents seem to have a pretty complex combat system
.never forget

bigfishcjp
12.18.2011 , 02:34 PM | #4
I have a Bounty Hunter and a Marauder. I can definitely tell you my Marauder is harder to play by a ton. I'm pretty good with my Marauder as well. I get joy from both classes in their own way. Like for instance if I want to pvp and easiliy rack up more damage/kills, I play my Bounty Hunter - this is easy mode warzone play. But if I want a challenge and run the Hutt Ball, put single target pressure I play my Marauder.
I am the Law!!

bobmcbo
12.19.2011 , 04:43 PM | #5
not trying to start an arguement, but what's so hard about marauders? agents/smugglers seem to me as the only classes that require thought in combat besides knowing what to attack and who needs a heal
.never forget

Thordomr
12.19.2011 , 05:06 PM | #6
It depends on what part of the game your referring to. In pvp Knights/Warriors are hard at early levels and even at higher cause you need to stay within melee range were as all other classes can hit you at rage all day and CC you so you can't hit them while they continue to hit you. In pve they are not all that hard to play as long as you watch your cool downs and rage/focus cause typically mobs don't run away from you. the only thing that would make another class harder in pvp to play would be a healing class if played as a healing class cause the Raid frames are currently broken and there are no macro's to assist in targeting.
███[]///////███████ Sentinal ███████████████)

SkyAsh
12.30.2011 , 02:28 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by bobmcbo View Post
not trying to start an arguement, but what's so hard about marauders? agents/smugglers seem to me as the only classes that require thought in combat besides knowing what to attack and who needs a heal

I have a L21 Marauder and L29 BH merc.
I find Marauder harder to play because:

1) Bad UI. Keeping track of how many rage i have plus animation delays, it can get pretty bad. Also, when you trigger a skill and you dont have enough rage, there is no audio feedback such as "Not enough rage (like in wow)". Also, dodge/block animations seems to cancel active skills, which I found very annoying. No event based indicator that tells a conditional skill is usable. You have to keep an eye on the action bar.

2) Too Squishy. It does feel a bit weak (at least at low levels).

But mainly UI. UI is not polished enough, it's not flexible enough. Icons are small, when global cooldown is active, t does not show which abilities can be activated, icons look similar to each other and more. And top of this, I do think there are few bugs here and there. For example, I had instances where I enter into berserker mode after spending 30 rage, and find out that the buff is gone after 1 sec. Also, telling whether your chracter is still in berserker mode is confusing.

SkyAsh
12.30.2011 , 02:38 PM | #8
Definitely, game is not as responsive as WoW. I had multiple instance where I thought and saw the animation of a channeled skill was finished executing and activated a new skill to find out that due to early activation, my previous channeled skill didnt deliver the last blow.

For example, ravage is a 3 second channel where at the end of it duration delivers a blow with two light sabers. I see the animation of the final blow to go off and hear the sound on a target with minimal health, so switch target and activate a new skill to find out the previous target didnt die because ravage was cancelled...

darthbored
12.30.2011 , 02:39 PM | #9
lmao i was under the impression smuggler/IA was "hardest". i dont see how marauder/sentinel can be hard at all, even my wife who has no video game experience made a marauder and found it insanely easy to master. On the other hand she made a smuggler and quit by lvl 7 saying she doesnt understand the combat mechanics.

and i agree with her, marauder is simple. especially in pvp IA/smuggler requires a lot more focus than other facerolling classes.

Bgiffo
12.30.2011 , 02:40 PM | #10
Sentinel/Marauder is probably the hardest, but imo Guardian/Juggernaut are a pretty close second.