1,158 players in a single battle.

Zorvan

The launch ilum battles were as far as that got

And then the idea of a PvP zone was slaughtered, deboned, skinned and deleted from all records in existence. It's such a *********** shame that this game is made on the Hero engine. Holy hell I want to punch a seal because of that decision.

Comparing a game that's designed from the ground up to be a PvP focused game to a game that's got PvP as an added extra?

Sounds fair.

Let's compare the racing in GTA V with the racing in iRacing next, shall we? :rolleyes:

Comparing a game that's designed from the ground up to be a PvP focused game to a game that's got PvP as an added extra?

Sounds fair.

Let's compare the racing in GTA V with the racing in iRacing next, shall we? :rolleyes:

Uh huh. How many pve players can you have questing in one planet instance in this game now before the servers start to melt? 40?50?

Edited by Zorvan

And then the idea of a PvP zone was slaughtered, deboned, skinned and deleted from all records in existence. It's such a *********** shame that this game is made on the Hero engine. Holy hell I want to punch a seal because of that decision.

Ummm and an unfinished butchered hero engine. Blame EA. They were told from the start that it was unfinished.

Worst part is we are punished because of this decision. Love this game but it could be so much more. Like trying to make a Ferrari with Lawn mower parts. (No car expert but I am assuming that's pretty damn difficult)

Worst part is we are punished because of this decision. Love this game but it could be so much more. Like trying to make a Ferrari with Lawn mower parts. (No car expert but I am assuming that's pretty damn difficult)

I could get behind mowing my lawn with a Ferrari. Take that John Deer!

Could have been possible though, making ferrari with lawnmower parts, lamborgini finds its origin in tractors :p

I never understood why people seem to think RvR is a good thing. I'm sorry but PvP where the winner is the person that spams the most AoEs is nothing but a sorry excuse for real PvP.

In truth, PvP as a sustainable gaming format is highly overrated. MMOs in particular really have no need to waste time and resources towards that gameplay style since it only caters to a very small percentage of the gaming community. Leave PvP to the genre more suited for it - MOBAs.

Yes, Planetside has a lot of people in a single battle. That's kind of what Planetside was designed to do.... Putting 1,158 players in a battle was not what SWTOR was designed to do.... not even close. I don't see how this is relevant to SWTOR at all....

It's like comparing Star Fox to SWTOR based on the quality of their tunnel space content, or Minecraft to SWTOR based on the quality of their home building system, or SWTOR to Planestide based on their amount of voice acting.

All great games, but comparing them in any of these ways makes no sense, because your comparing little side activities of one game to one of the main selling points of another.

Edited by Swissbob

And the point of this is what exactly, smack talking about the game?

SWTOR was NEVER designed for PvP from the ground up at all. Stop hoping for 100v100 open world insane fights that work flawlessly at 50 fps while you see Jedi and Sith flipping everywhere, Ships bombarding where you are together with armored vehicle transports dropping off more troops to help either side.

It's not going to happen ;)

Yes, Planetside has a lot of people in a single battle. That's kind of what Planetside was designed to do.... Putting 1,158 players in a battle was not what SWTOR was designed to do.... not even close. I don't see how this is relevant to SWTOR at all....

It's like comparing Star Fox to SWTOR based on the quality of their tunnel space content, or Minecraft to SWTOR based on the quality of their home building system, or SWTOR to Planestide based on their amount of voice acting.

All great games, but comparing them in any of these ways makes no sense, because your comparing little side activities of one game to one of the main selling points of another.

That's because it's not relevant to SWTOR at all. The OP just wants to bash BioWare and SWTOR because it's not an end all be all open world PvP game.

In truth, PvP as a sustainable gaming format is highly overrated. MMOs in particular really have no need to waste time and resources towards that gameplay style since it only caters to a very small percentage of the gaming community. Leave PvP to the genre more suited for it - MOBAs.

Unless the game is specifically designed around PvP.

It all boils down to target audience, and PvPers are not a large target audience of this game.

Does it matter?

Does more people questing in the same instance make the game "better" somehow?

Sure, there's a difference. It's why Planetside 2 is an actual mmo, while SWtOR is a singleplayer game with multiplayer capabilities.