Smuggler storyline makes my character feels like a joke.

Lord_Karsk

For so long now i been wanting to play a smuggler.

So i'm on Tatooine. Talking to this Sith girl.Without any spoilers i attack her and she just takes away my blaster

and throws it back to me and says, run along now (like i'm some child.)

Reason i hate this is because 1 it's a total patetic rip off what what Vader did on bespin city.

and second she is not Vader just some standard weak sith in this timeline.

And third it made me feel like a patetic fool while playing.

How can they write story that is this weak and bad.The entire game they try to make the player

feel like a weak joke and also by telling the player your a weak patetic fool compared to the Sith.

As so many have said before, this is the reason most players think Empire is better to play.

The writers dident go out of their way to make the Empire players feel patetic and weak like they

do all the time with the Republic side.

I mean one thing that the story is weak and a get me 10 of these on every planet before fighting some

elite in the end after killing 2000 mobs.Not like i'm doing any smuggling and talking trash to the imps

like the BH do always in his storyline to the Republic.

Well you did do one thing who ever wrote this story,and that is you made me wanna go

back playing my Empire character.

well....okay then....sorry you feel that way?

I never felt like that. I'm finding the smuggler story line to be pretty entertaining, light-hearted, and fun. I do wish, though, that it had stayed focused on smuggling, but I don't mind the privateer route.

I think the Smuggler story line is the best in the game. I enjoyed it tremendously.

Yeah, agreed.

The Tatooine interactions with you, the Jedi, the Sith, and then Risha calling at an...inopportune moment are priceless. The Smuggler feels exactly as he ought to feel: a dashing rogue who is constantly fighting against odds that are stacked against him/her, cracking wise and taking ridiculous chances, and maybe coming out just a little bit ahead every time.

The thing about being a smuggler in a world of Force-users: you're not the guy who's mowing down Sith with your blaster fire. I mean, eventually, you are, but your place for most the story is as the underdog, not the bully who everyone cowers to. So yeah, the Sith gets to be the bully in that scene, because that's what Sith are. If you enjoy having all the NPCs wetting themselves when you threaten them, then go back to playing Sith. The Smuggler's story plays out in a much more lighthearted, flirtatious, adventurous kind of way, and if you can't appreciate that then you won't like it.

Pathetic. With an 'h'.

The Smuggler is fundamentally a comedic underdog class. And half the laughs are derived from your terrible luck. It takes some getting used to, but it can be a lot of fun. The Smuggler was never meant to be a power trip.

You mentioned the ESB reference and Darth Vader. Most classes took their thematic direction off the original trilogy, and the Smuggler is, well, Han Solo. Who is, for all that he comes out ahead, a comedic guy. "Weapons malfunction, we're all fine here"? Han. Charging a full squad of storm troopers armed with nothing but a blaster and huge brass balls, then rounding the corner, realizing exactly how bad it is, and fleeing again? Han. Getting stuck in carbonite at a really inopportune time? Han. The Tatooine blaster incident is one of many nods the Smuggler gets. Most of those references put us at some hilarious disadvantage that we have to fight or talk our way out of.

So...working as intended. It's just a very, very different intention from any other class.

The Jedi Knight gets respect, if you want a Republic-side thing where people take you seriously.

The only joke is your post, no offense intended. The Smuggler is a ******, everybody always counting on him, and he is a normal man, no powers, just skill. I also think that it should be more smuggling than missions, but it is ok. I just dont liked the way i was fooled in the last chapter, but it is ok

Yeah, agreed.

The Tatooine interactions with you, the Jedi, the Sith, and then Risha calling at an...inopportune moment are priceless. The Smuggler feels exactly as he ought to feel: a dashing rogue who is constantly fighting against odds that are stacked against him/her, cracking wise and taking ridiculous chances, and maybe coming out just a little bit ahead every time.

The thing about being a smuggler in a world of Force-users: you're not the guy who's mowing down Sith with your blaster fire. I mean, eventually, you are, but your place for most the story is as the underdog, not the bully who everyone cowers to. So yeah, the Sith gets to be the bully in that scene, because that's what Sith are. If you enjoy having all the NPCs wetting themselves when you threaten them, then go back to playing Sith. The Smuggler's story plays out in a much more lighthearted, flirtatious, adventurous kind of way, and if you can't appreciate that then you won't like it.

well said. I hope after the interlude BW gets smugglers back to more smuggling :) Leave the gravitas to the Jedi who have to take everything so damn seriously (which is also fine as I like my JK as well).

This class isn't like the Jedi classes where you're super special and powerful, the Jedi's "chosen one". It's not the trooper story where you excelled in the academy and everyone knows you're something special from the beginning. You're a young guy/girl who was just trying to do some business and got caught up in a bad situation. Rather than being told you're super special from the very beginning of the story, you get to actually prove it and make a name for yourself.

Think about it, you have this guy after you who everyone says kills smugglers without a second thought. He sends his best after you for presumably a year and you still come out on top. You weren't born to be amazing, you rise to the occasion and that's why you're so special in the end.

Even though it was about the 6th character I made, it was the first one I wanted to play to 50.

I love the story with Risha, and I get to make all the smart cracks I want. When I select lines that seem that way for other classes it's more like whining :(

Not to mention that you get to marry into royalty!

I actually worked with the sith because i knew at the time i wouldn't be able to kill her, so i helped her kill the jedi and diago with her.... and then had sex with her.... then felt regret/guilt (there was even a dialogue option for that)

Think about it, you have this guy after you who everyone says kills smugglers without a second thought. He sends his best after you for presumably a year and you still come out on top. You weren't born to be amazing, you rise to the occasion and that's why you're so special in the end.

and this is why i love and got so invested in the smuggler story.

My major problem with the story line is that you're stuck questing for buried treasure. The galaxy is at war, there are tremendous profits to be made smuggling needed goods to various communities (and an opportunity for smuggler story lines to take them to imperial worlds and operative story lines to mirror that in spy vs. spy fashion on republic worlds) and we're freaking questing for X marks the spot buried treasure. ***?

I actually worked with the sith because i knew at the time i wouldn't be able to kill her, so i helped her kill the jedi and diago with her.... and then had sex with her.... then felt regret/guilt (there was even a dialogue option for that)

I set the Sith up and double teamed her with the Jedi myself lol.

Edited by RobNightfall

I set the Sith up and double teamed her with the Jedi myself lol.

I ran the smuggler questline twice (I have 2 lvl 50 smugglers one scoundrel one gunslinger)

On scoundrel I went darkside

Gunslinger I went Light

Both options were great but ultimately the having sex with the sith was better. Because the jedi is just too goody goody.

If you want to have fun do run the smuggler again the quest line might not change however the options in it are fun to do on both sides.

My major problem with the story line is that you're stuck questing for buried treasure. The galaxy is at war, there are tremendous profits to be made smuggling needed goods to various communities (and an opportunity for smuggler story lines to take them to imperial worlds and operative story lines to mirror that in spy vs. spy fashion on republic worlds) and we're freaking questing for X marks the spot buried treasure. ***?

This is exactly the problem I have. It's almost as the smuggler's main story is in another galaxy, maybe I missed it but I can't see a link between my story and what is happening in the galaxy, the war itself.

Almost out of the blue this Jedi Master holocalls me and asks me for help in some super-important top-secret missions (flashpoints).

Han Solo played a huge part in the war, I tought the smuggler's story would be something like that, the underdog, the one nobody trusts at first but ends up being someone important for the Republic. like Han being a General of the Alliance / New Republic in the end (I know, I know the story is not over yet).

This is exactly the problem I have. It's almost as the smuggler's main story is in another galaxy, maybe I missed it but I can't see a link between my story and what is happening in the galaxy, the war itself.

Almost out of the blue this Jedi Master holocalls me and asks me for help in some super-important top-secret missions (flashpoints).

Han Solo played a huge part in the war, I tought the smuggler's story would be something like that, the underdog, the one nobody trusts at first but ends up being someone important for the Republic. like Han being a General of the Alliance / New Republic in the end (I know, I know the story is not over yet).

Seems to be some confusion there, you want to be a smuggler and smuggle stuff, but also want to take part in the war? And actually there isn't an official war on yet ;) "brink of war" is the phrase you're looking for.

I know, it seems like the galaxy is at war to me too though.

The simple fact is that the only reason they called the class a smuggler is because it's based on Han Solo, and he was a smuggler. And in the movies the only thing he ever smuggler was Luke, Obi Wan and some droids off Tatooine.

Without giving much away you do get more involved in the war effort after act 2, and it's related to your adventures on Ord Mantel too.

I'm totally enthralled with my Imperial Agent right now. Aafter playing the inquisitor, and Jedi all the way through and some of the Sith Warrior, it is hands down, the most amazing story. And if you want even the dark council shivering in their boots, the imperial agent is the one you want. I won't give away any spoilers, but I'm not kidding. They are *afraid* of you.

Anyway, I'm reading this thread because my agent is currently level 42 on Belsavis, and the next character I'm tackling is my smuggler. I need something light hearted after the Imperial Agent since that's far from a light hearted story. Someone here mentioned that you're kind of the underdog but somehow come up on top a little bit each time.

The Imperial Agent , in my opinion. plays better as a male. Since I"m female I usually like female toons, but some classes are better geared toward one gender or the other. I have a female smuggler who just arrived on TAris, I've had her planted in the cantina for the last two months, but I'm thinking maybe the smuggler is better played as a male? Opinions?

In reply to the OP, I love being underestimated, patronized, and talked down to, only to open a can of whoop-arse and roll heads 5 seconds later.

I would much rather be underestimated, and prove them wrong, than to be respected the whole way through. I don't want to be treated like I'm awesome, I want to PROVE IT to doubters.

It's this same thing that makes me prefer the "underdog" faction in general. I would be more likely to play Empire, if the Republic had the upper hand (and higher population) in this current slice of history/lore.

The Imperial Agent , in my opinion. plays better as a male. Since I"m female I usually like female toons, but some classes are better geared toward one gender or the other. I have a female smuggler who just arrived on TAris, I've had her planted in the cantina for the last two months, but I'm thinking maybe the smuggler is better played as a male? Opinions?

I went male and really liked it, but haven't played both to compare. From what I've read regarding VA and such, many people love the sassiness of the female smuggler, though.

Male smug does get more flirt options and gets laid more than any other class/gender combo. However I think the fem smug gets the highest amount of flirt options out of all the females.

Having played some agent as well, I would *personally* go female agent (great voice and fits story great) and male smuggler, but, again, I haven't played both genders of the smug.

Edited by Stenrik

Which is more exciting, playing delivery boy, or an epic get-rich-quick scheme (that involves smuggling artifacts...) Act 1 is actually fairly smuggler-ish... Act 2 and 3... a bit less so; after Act 1 there's this kinda snap turn and you go from smuggler to privateer for the rest of the story, for whatever reason.