Arsenal still needs a buff, perhaps something to do with the Apex Predator set

DarthEndonae

I'm really happy that you guys did something for IO so they aren't losing DPS from the set bonus nerf to Concentrated Fire, but something still needs to be done for Arsenal. The Apex Predator set isn't an improvement over the nerfed version of the Concentrated Fire set, though the free Tracer Missile mechanic is pretty fun. I think you could hit two birds with one stone here by moving the 6 piece of the Apex Predator set to be Arsenal only and then coming up with something else for the 6-piece in order to make that set more viable.

In general, I really think that the set bonuses you can't get from the vendors should really focus on being more gimmicky and make some sort of significant change to the playstyle, like what Endless Offensive does for sorcs, though every single spec should have a BiS set available on the vendor. The gimmicky sets should still be strong, but perhaps they require a specific tactical item to be competitive with BiS. No spec should have their only BiS set locked behind drops from specific bosses. Perhaps the 6-piece of Apex Predator could do something with Explosive Dart since that ability doesn't really get used by any of the specs outside of incredibly rare situations. IO could pair it with Magnetized Shrapnel, Bodyguard could use Power Cycle (with some additional effect that provides AOE healing to Explosive Dart), and Arsenal could use either Jettison or Cool Your Jets (would need to be completely reworked).

I'm really happy that you guys did something for IO so they aren't losing DPS from the set bonus nerf to Concentrated Fire, but something still needs to be done for Arsenal. The Apex Predator set isn't an improvement over the nerfed version of the Concentrated Fire set, though the free Tracer Missile mechanic is pretty fun. I think you could hit two birds with one stone here by moving the 6 piece of the Apex Predator set to be Arsenal only and then coming up with something else for the 6-piece in order to make that set more viable.

In general, I really think that the set bonuses you can't get from the vendors should really focus on being more gimmicky and make some sort of significant change to the playstyle, like what Endless Offensive does for sorcs, though every single spec should have a BiS set available on the vendor. The gimmicky sets should still be strong, but perhaps they require a specific tactical item to be competitive with BiS. No spec should have their only BiS set locked behind drops from specific bosses. Perhaps the 6-piece of Apex Predator could do something with Explosive Dart since that ability doesn't really get used by any of the specs outside of incredibly rare situations. IO could pair it with Magnetized Shrapnel, Bodyguard could use Power Cycle (with some additional effect that provides AOE healing to Explosive Dart), and Arsenal could use either Jettison or Cool Your Jets (would need to be completely reworked).

I agree on arsenal/gunnery still needing a buff, but disagree strongly with the idea to tie it to Apex Predator set as long as it's not on class vendor. The full set is difficult enough to get as it is, and some of us want to gear all our alts.

No, I think arsenal at great spot atm. Glad to have much needed IO Buff. It could even be higher imo

IO gets nerfed. Yes, the nearly permanent 10% crit are now passive, but CF can only procc every 5 seconds instead of 3. This nerf impacts the Energized Charges Tactical, too, because we won't get that many SCGs out. Furthermore, CF is now a really boring set. I agree with the first post, that the set should have some kind of Mechanic. You could do something like Meteor Brawler, making Supercharged Burn or Electronet explode on the target, some dmg boost from Hydraulics like that Sniper entrench set. These are just Mechanics that are already on other sets, so one doesn't need to be creative to make that set interesting... New Mechanics could be a damage boost from Electro Net, Supercharged Burn proccs Missile Blast, Mag shot spreads TD Dot, 10 Stack PS costs no heat (ok, that could be op...), etc.

Just wanted to second the need to rebalance arsenal merc but not in the form of the apex predator set. For almost 0 other classes are the DXUN sets also the BIS sets. If bioware intends to make BIS sets available from tech frags for all other classes, they should do the same with arsenal merc. Introducing a whole new set would void any progress towards building the CF set and leaves many players with a useless set.

TLDR : rebalance CF to be not terrible and DPS specific pls

EDIT : also these concerns had been raised pretty early in the pts cycle and its very disheartening that we haven't had any response, formal or otherwise.

Edited by sithlordboyz

Except that we did, and no one thinks arsenal needs a buff except for few merc mains. It's in the rightful place.

P.S: Keep in mind that, there is also PVP balance, as well as PvE. And there is really no way to balance it the rank the way it is. 4 DPS games, 1 healer / 3 DPS games, 1 tank 2 DPS 1 healer games, etc etc...

the problem is that the apex predator is not accessible everyone it is available that sue dxun therefore, this poses a problem for me if I want to have a choice in ner ner stuff and another very difficult access with ops which is not made for everyone

To everyone saying that Gunnery is now "in it's rightful place", I ask why?

Prior to the nerf, Gunnery was a very middle of the road DPS spec. No one was complaining that it was OP.

Is it because you're one of the elitists who think all burst specs should be lower then DOT specs? If so, why aren't you complaining about Tactics Vanguards, who currently ARE OP, and have been for some time. If you're going to nerf a Burst spec, then that should have been first in line.

Or is it because you're one of the elitists who think ranged DPS should do less than melee DPS. In which case, why aren't you complaining about TK Sages, who were (and are now even more) out-performing Gunnery?

No matter how you try to slice it, there was NO reason to nerf Gunnery. And what's most galling of all, is that they did it right as they released NIM Dxun. At a time when we need as much DPS as we can get, BW specifically nerfed Gunnery, and no other class, to the point where we're barely viable, and only if you can DPS out of your mind.

• 2 weeks later...

Before the CF nerf, I parsed around 20k on a dummy, getting really close to 21k...not great, but not bad. After the nerf I am hitting the high 18k area, just sneaking into 19k. This is a pretty significant drop when translated to ops. Before I was keeping up with other classes, I am now getting left behind by a considerable amount. Especially by lightning sorcs and tk sages. We have a sage/sorc hitting 12k to 16k in capped ops depending on the boss.

On average, in ops, I have dropped between 1k to 2k in DPS depending on the boss.