Social points. How do i get them fast?

Macetheace

okay... i know from having conversatons.. but my server is small and findig people to do missions with is not easy. Furthermore, they only tend to group for the stage they need help and then vanish and you are left trying to explain that we shoudl also hand in together for points, but some have TOR still confused with WoW

anywya, them aside, i actuallly want social points. now is there a fast track way of getting tons of these? Like some sort of repeatable i can do that woul dload me with like 100+ or more? .. what happens ifyou reach 50 and still ahvne't maxed it out yet?

nevermind

my frustration is not with the system, it's with actually getting people to level with. frustratingly slow when there aren't enough around.

currently o VOss, -it was easy on Tython/Coruscant, you could team up wiht 4 people easily, but ppl don't seem to take it further than that sadly.

i shall jsut try harder.

Nothing happens at 50 if you haven't maxed them out. You can still earn them and continue gaining social levels through quests, FPs, etc. And yeah, it can be really frustrating. Are you in a guild that can run stuff with you so you can all get the Social Points?

Fast way to get social points is running esseles numerous times. As a higher level you can easily get a group that wants a boost for gear and social points and if you skip the stories (since most of us have seen them lots) you can get them pretty quick.

Oh, and also some light/dark side points to boot.

Fast way to get social points is running esseles numerous times. As a higher level you can easily get a group that wants a boost for gear and social points and if you skip the stories (since most of us have seen them lots) you can get them pretty quick.

Oh, and also some light/dark side points to boot.

This, you can get 150-200 S.P.s from a full 4-man run and if all 50's can be done under 15mins per run.

I sit at the fleet and spam the first Flashpoint for each faction (Esseles/Black Talon) to farm social points. You can't count on heroic's to earn social points, because they don't really give any worthwhile amount even at the best of times.

You need a friend who would play with you and only with you and not skip ahead to lvl constantly with if your trying to farm them from normal world quests. If you don't have someone you can organize your lvling schedule you can't count on simply asking local players to party up. Sometimes they do accept but you just can't count on going through all the social ranks with that alone.

With high lvl players and spacebaring through the lvl 10 flashpoints you can get 150+ points in under 20 minutes. There just isn't any other method anywhere in the game that can compare to that rate, even lvling with a partner with world quests can't compare to the sheer speed.

Summary: Learn to love running the Esseles / Black talon to death.

A couple of tips

1. You will get more social points with more human players on the group, so try to get 4 humans on.

2. You will get more points if you agree on the answers. Besides choosing dark/light points, everything else can be agreed on.

3. You get points on the initial conversation and on turn in, so hang on for those.

I just say on general "I need the social points".. that way you get other players looking for the same and you can move along faster.

I wouldn't worry much Macetheace, since right now they're bugged and CSRs aren't responding to tickets.

At some point you'll simply stop collecting them for some unknown reason.

My wife and I have toons that we level together (29 now). I stopped collecting shy of Social III by 6 pts. An hour later, still shy by 6 pts.

i was wondering why i've stayed on social II roughly at the same stage depsite levelling all of Quesh, Hoth and Belsavis with at leastone person and latter Balmorra, not to mention the fflashpoints and heroic areas i do daily

and hte barhadnt' moved much

really weird

what exactly is thee bug with social points? is it just not adding? or capping ou or what?

I just completed an Esseles Flashpoint Speed Run with a group of 4 on Speeder bikes. We used space bar through every conversation and I selected option 1 for every prompt. From entering the Gate to landing back on The Republic Fleet it took 19 minutes. I gained 156 Social Points, 250 Light Side Points, and for whatever reason gained 60 Affection with my T7-01 Companion. I've seen up to 175 Social Points from this scenario before and maybe more depending on how many conversation choices you win the roll for.

I'm going to do a quick run of Hammer Station and see what the outcome is and i'll update when I'm finished...

I believe the same outcome is possible for the same style group on The Black Talon Flashpoint for Imperial players, please confirm.

... I've seen up to 175 Social Points from this scenario before and maybe more depending on how many conversation choices you win the roll for. ...

That's correct. Losing a conversation roll will earn you 1 Social point for each person in the group. Winning the roll will earn you 2 points for each person in the group.

Also, come conversation choices may lead to additional conversation options. For instance, at the start of Black Talon, you encounter a group of guards preventing you from getting to the bridge. The options are "DIE! [Attack], say something, say something else." If you choose option 1, the conversation ends and you attack the guards, meaning the group only gets Social points for one conversation choice. If you choose option 2 or option 3, the conversation progresses and you can make basically the same choices. If you choose options 1, the conversation ends and you attack, but if you choose option 2 or 3, the conversation gives you one more chance to say something before you are forced to attack. If you avoid choosing the attack dialog choice, you could earn 12 to 24 social points for the entire conversation (for a 4-man group). If you choose the attack option, you limit yourself to earning only 4 or 8 social points.

So if you want to maximise your social points per flashpoint, you want to find out what choices to make to drag each conversation out the longest, and make those choices. If you want to maximise the speed of your flashpoint run, you'd want to find out what choices have the fewest follow-up conversations and make those choices. Either way, it's worth noting that making different choices can affect the amount of social points you earn by affecting the number of conversation options you see in a flashpoint run.

I just don't get these Social Points. I was grouped with a friend today for several missions and I saw the social points getting tallied, but my social points tracker says I still have 0 even though I should have at least 10 or more. Any ideas why this is happening, or not happening even? :confused:

You only receive Social Points or Light/Dark Side Points during conversations at the END of the mission itself, so any options you choose or rolled for during the missions will be tallied up and awarded when you finish the mission itself.

2. You will get more points if you agree on the answers. Besides choosing dark/light points, everything else can be agreed on.

Where'd you get this idea from? You get 1 SP per group member, doubled if you win the random roll for whose response gets reflected in the on-screen cinematic. Doesn't matter whether you agree or not. I know this because I have one character which I play exclusively alongside my wife's character and they agree a lot; I get no more SP per decision than any other character I've played where there's been no agreement.

3. You get points on the initial conversation and on turn in, so hang on for those.

This is a misapprehension. The points displayed at the time of the conversation are banked and only added to your character when you complete the quest that the conversation is part of.

On the "points when you agree", it is all just from observation, so of course I could be wrong. But it seems to me I get more "6"when we all choose the same answer, vs when you win the roll I get a lot of 2 or 3s... But I could be wrong, I don't have access to the code.

On the staying at the end, the issues isn't when the points accumulate. The issue is that I have noticed many people leave the group at the end before turning in the FP, or turn them in by themselves. My point was stay with the group, specially at the end for the turn in.

It might be a menial thing, but when you are farming those social points, every bit counts. :)

On the "points when you agree", it is all just from observation, so of course I could be wrong. But it seems to me I get more "6"when we all choose the same answer, vs when you win the roll I get a lot of 2 or 3s... But I could be wrong, I don't have access to the code.

You are incorrect. It's very simple: if you win the roll, you get 2 points for every person in the group. If you lose, 1 point for each person.

You only receive Social Points or Light/Dark Side Points during conversations at the END of the mission itself, so any options you choose or rolled for during the missions will be tallied up and awarded when you finish the mission itself.

It's done this way to prevent people from "duping" (exploiting) for social points by taking a mission, running through the preliminary conversation for the social points, then dropping and re-acquiring the mission. The system "remembers" your responses, but you need to complete the mission and turn it in for all the rewards.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm going to do a quick run of Hammer Station and see what the outcome is and i'll update when I'm finished...

Don't bother. I just finished a Hammer Station run and walked away with 8 social points. Whoopity doop. That was not worth spending 40 minutes putting a group together.

Don't bother. I just finished a Hammer Station run and walked away with 8 social points. Whoopity doop. That was not worth spending 40 minutes putting a group together.

It does seem the initial flashpoints are more fully formed, story wise, and so have a lot of conversation elements. The later ones seem to just have a conversation at the start/end and then are run-and-gun all the way through.

It is for this reason that most people recommend Esseles/BlackTalon if you want to farm social points.

Ok ... well I turned in all the quests that day I did with the guy and STILL never got the points for them. It must have been a glitch or something because I got social points when we did *The Esseles* Flashpoint. I guess there are still some bugs to work out with the system. Either way, it's a moot point as it's long since past when I would have gotten the points or not so ... whatever :).

Many times regardless of the group size, once the mission is complete they take off on their own to turn in mission or rather yet, they quickly leave the group so getting social pts nowadays isn't all that easy anymore.

Black Talon with 4 people gives a lot of social points. Even if you don't win many rolls... I bet the Esseless is just as good. It's tireing though, but if everybody is there for the same reason, you just can spacebarred everything and not bother with any bonus mission. In BT, you can even use your bike and avoid some mobs.

Edited by wainot-keel

• 2 months later...
You are incorrect. It's very simple: if you win the roll, you get 2 points for every person in the group. If you lose, 1 point for each person.

It does bug out occasionally, though. I tend to duo with a friend and several times have noticed him "stealing" the doubled points from a conversation roll that I've won.