Romance with Satele Shan coming???

MandFlurry

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do hope with the new story line involving Satele Shan, that we will get a chance to romance her, if she is really over her first between her and the former Republic General ( don't remember his name). I know some don't want her, but if some people can have Khem Val for a love interest, i don't see wth would be wrong with Satele since she has changed.

That would be Supreme Commander Malcom, Theron's daddy!

1. I hope we'll be able to (both as imperial and republic, and no matter if we shot to her in Kotfet) save her and recruit her to Allaince\Hand/TFN as a member and as companion along with their followers and that she will be placed on Odessen base and we will be able to talk to her after that. Hopefully she will stay an important character aftet that for a while. Also I hope for imperials to have Kira/Scourge with us after that arc, we will have to spare Satele or/and recruit her in order to Kira/Scourge staying with imperial side characters.

2. I hope also for Satele romance. Maybe not long term relationship like Lana or Theron [...], but still.

if you side with the imps you will probably have to kill kira or she is going to be groomed to be the new grand master of the new jedi order if the player (jedi or sith) doesnt become the grand master. scourge wont be much of a issue seems like he is still wanting to rebuild the sith with the player at the top of the empire. but kira will never be willing to join the empire. which is why my dark side jedi that went to the empire decided to keep his romance with lana instead of his romance with kira.

Unlikely this idea will happen:

*** Satele and Jace Malcom are still an item (as far as we know) … and should be left as it is.

*** If Satele and Jace Malcom are not an item … then Satele has given her focus over to the force and is more than likely beyond the desire for another relationship.

*** The likelihood of her survival of the upcoming incident with Tenebrae is pretty slim... This is probably a good writer's opportunity for Satele to become one with the force … and the new Jedi Master to head the council will be announced. IMO … the new Jedi leader will more than likely be Tau Idair.

*** Satele becoming one with the force will more than likely signal additional changes as well. I'm not sure what those are … but that would seem like a good exit strategy for Satele.

*** Satele and Jace Malcom are still an item (as far as we know) … and should be left as it is.

*** If Satele and Jace Malcom are not an item … then Satele has given her focus over to the force and is more than likely beyond the desire for another relationship.

*** The likelihood of her survival of the upcoming incident with Tenebrae is pretty slim... This is probably a good writer's opportunity for Satele to become one with the force … and the new Jedi Master to head the council will be announced. IMO … the new Jedi leader will more than likely be Tau Idair.

*** Satele becoming one with the force will more than likely signal additional changes as well. I'm not sure what those are … but that would seem like a good exit strategy for Satele.

I thought the council was dispersed.

I thought the council was dispersed.

You are correct … but there is a good chance that with the new initiative to rebuild the Jedi order (***) that a new council will be selected.

(***) Note: Task Force Nova initiative that begins at the end of Onslaught …

"Republic-aligned players work alongside Jedi Master Gnost-Dural and General Daeruun to guide the formation of Task Force Nova, an initiative to help rebuild the Jedi Order after years of brutal conflict."

Edited by OlBuzzard

'In response to Malcom's questions about Malgus, Shan confided in him her belief that the Sith Lord had survived the battle. Malcom then reminded Shan of his feelings for her, and her attempts to remind the soldier of her vows as a Jedi were not enough to suppress the feelings she had for him in return. Succumbing to her emotions, she and Malcom entered into a secret relationship—one that led to her becoming pregnant around six months after the Battle of Alderaan, not long after Malcom had been promoted to the rank of general.[13] In addition to working with Colonel Elin Garza to develop the Special Forces Division,[1] Malcom was conducting a campaign near the city of Gell Mattar on a planet with Shan, and she decided to speak with him about his desire for vengeance against the Empire before informing him of her pregnancy. Their conversation revealed that Malcom's hatred of the Empire was his driving force, and Shan was forced to confront the possibility that she would turn to the dark side if the Empire caused Malcom's death. That fear, and the fear of the darkness within Malcom's spirit, drove Shan to break off their relationship and make plans to give up her child—as she understood that having them in her life put the Republic at risk'

So technically, they're though. ESPECIALLY if you chose the empire over the republic! LOL

'In response to Malcom's questions about Malgus, Shan confided in him her belief that the Sith Lord had survived the battle. Malcom then reminded Shan of his feelings for her, and her attempts to remind the soldier of her vows as a Jedi were not enough to suppress the feelings she had for him in return. Succumbing to her emotions, she and Malcom entered into a secret relationship—one that led to her becoming pregnant around six months after the Battle of Alderaan, not long after Malcom had been promoted to the rank of general.[13] In addition to working with Colonel Elin Garza to develop the Special Forces Division,[1] Malcom was conducting a campaign near the city of Gell Mattar on a planet with Shan, and she decided to speak with him about his desire for vengeance against the Empire before informing him of her pregnancy. Their conversation revealed that Malcom's hatred of the Empire was his driving force, and Shan was forced to confront the possibility that she would turn to the dark side if the Empire caused Malcom's death. That fear, and the fear of the darkness within Malcom's spirit, drove Shan to break off their relationship and make plans to give up her child—as she understood that having them in her life put the Republic at risk'

So technically, they're though. ESPECIALLY if you chose the empire over the republic! LOL

Agreed...

In that same context I also see that as a point in time where Satele completely gives herself over to the force... and (as a result) would no longer have the desire for another "relationship" … for fear of that leading to the darkside.

You are correct … but there is a good chance that with the new initiative to rebuild the Jedi order (***) that a new council will be selected.

(***) Note: Task Force Nova initiative that begins at the end of Onslaught …

"Republic-aligned players work alongside Jedi Master Gnost-Dural and General Daeruun to guide the formation of Task Force Nova, an initiative to help rebuild the Jedi Order after years of brutal conflict."

Too bad we can't revitalize the Jedi Order in such a way that it'll be able to stave off Order 66...

I feel like she's going to have a kill option soon. I mean, that didn't stop them from putting a romance option in for Arcann, but seems like Satele's time in the story is reaching a conclusion.

I feel like she's going to have a kill option soon. I mean, that didn't stop them from putting a romance option in for Arcann, but seems like Satele's time in the story is reaching a conclusion.

I really doubt that there would be a "kill" option … but I will be surprised if this is not an exit point for the character. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if she (and possibly others) are not sacrificed in order to stop Tenebrae once and for all.

I think both Satele and Malgus are going to be written off stage. I just hope Satele gets some action time like Malgus, who is the center of the False Emperor arc and a major player in the current story. Satele almost has nothing other than her brief appearance during KOTxx and she's certainly not very "active" in the current story arc either. A bit unfair if you ask me.

Kind of think she and the ghost of Darth Marr will do something together to get rid of Tenebrae's plague for good. Kind of hope she and Marr are a thing but one can only hope...

Kind of think she and the ghost of Darth Marr will do something together to get rid of Tenebrae's plague for good. Kind of hope she and Marr are a thing but one can only hope...

Would be funny if they make it where Marr is actually possessing her like that one Sith Ghost from the Consular's storyline!!! LOL

Would be funny if they make it where Marr is actually possessing her like that one Sith Ghost from the Consular's storyline!!! LOL

Marr talking through Satele: I have to possess Satele to prevent the disease from taking over her completely.

Kira: Sounds fake but ok.

No, there's nothing in anything I've played or read that would even remotely indicate her possessed body will be a romance option. When she was in control of her mind and body, she persistently rejects all flirtation conversation options, and to boot it is highly out of character, despite her indiscretion with Jace Malcolm previously. You could certainly make a case that Arcann could fall in love with the player character who redeemed him. But the existence of him as a romance option does not in any way suggest or imply that whatever is left of Satele's mind/body/soul after all of this will suddenly break character and become romance-able, by which I mean little more than a sub-five minute cutscene with about 3 conversation choices and nothing further mentioned ever again. So ... yeah ... but no.

I think both Satele and Malgus are going to be written off stage. I just hope Satele gets some action time like Malgus, who is the center of the False Emperor arc and a major player in the current story. Satele almost has nothing other than her brief appearance during KOTxx and she's certainly not very "active" in the current story arc either. A bit unfair if you ask me.

I agree 6.2 will bring conclusion to Satele Shan's story (as it pertains to the Force calling her to find Tenebrae's original body following KOTFE 12), but the Malgus part doesn't seem to be related. When last we checked in with good ole' Malgy,

He was off to Dantooine to see if he could have his conditioning reverted the way Revan had his mind wiped in KOTOR.

to bring me up to speed, since I never read Deceived. At least, I presume it was the technique used to wipe Revan's mind ... it doesn't appear to be the same conditioning used against Vaylin on Nathema. Perhaps Vaylin needed a more powerful form of conditioning than Malgus? Or, Malgus never heard of the conditioning used against her since he was away from the action during most or all of the War Against the Eternal Throne? He tells the Republic player character he heard stories during Objective Meridian fp, but wasn't convinced ... this might imply he had no direct knowledge of the Alliance Commander. On Imp side, his knowledge of the Commander's effectiveness seems to come more from direct observation of the Commander's actions on Ossus and forward, than a true belief in the "stories" of how the great Alliance Commander took out the dreaded Eternal Empire. But I digress. Anyway, Charles Boyd seemed to indicate 6.2 was the conclusion to the Tenebrae original body arc, but not necessarily the Task Force Nova/Emperor's Hand arcs.

No, there's nothing in anything I've played or read that would even remotely indicate her possessed body will be a romance option. When she was in control of her mind and body, she persistently rejects all flirtation conversation options, and to boot it is highly out of character, despite her indiscretion with Jace Malcolm previously. You could certainly make a case that Arcann could fall in love with the player character who redeemed him. But the existence of him as a romance option does not in any way suggest or imply that whatever is left of Satele's mind/body/soul after all of this will suddenly break character and become romance-able, by which I mean little more than a sub-five minute cutscene with about 3 conversation choices and nothing further mentioned ever again. So ... yeah ... but no.

It might depend on what state her mind is, what the player has to do to save her, how they do it, etc. The player went to a lot of extremes to save arcann, it could be the same with shan.

*Not disagreeing with you, just saying, we don't what is planned, how bad it'll be for her, and what the palyer has to go through to get there, etc.

*Not disagreeing with you, just saying, we don't what is planned, how bad it'll be for her, and what the palyer has to go through to get there, etc.

Maybe she'll be in a sleeping beauty type of scenario and the player must kiss her to wake her up!!! LOL

I don't really see her as being potentially interested in the PC, even after the "Tenebrae"s last weapon" thing is over.

- If she's still a Jedi by the end of it, she's more likely to go back to the Jedi.

- If she's still alive but can't be a Jedi anymore because her connexion to the Force was severed for some reason for instance, she's more likely to try again with Malcom who she still seems to have feelings for and is pretty much the only man she's trully loved.

- If she's still alive but can't be a Jedi anymore and our PC is responsible for Malcom and Theron's deaths, there's no reason she would be interested in romancing our PC who directly or indirectly killed the 2 person she really loved.

- There is also a possibility that she'll be given a kill option at the end of it.

I personnally would rather have Senya than Satele as a potential LI as we helped her save her son, and she was helping us taking out her daughter and former husband, so should not hold any grudges, and has no reason to stay single forever as she's not a Jedi.