Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

bright_ephemera
08.27.2012 , 05:18 PM | #1261
Quote: Originally Posted by kabeone View Post
Yay thanks!
Aric companion spoiler.
Spoiler
Wait, really? That's great!
Spoiler

Also...yeah, having it out with Jorgan is something I ended up doing about every thirty seconds in the Trooper line. He's that kind of guy. I love him anyway.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 100+ authors to date. 2600+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
---(Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.)--- DELETA MALAVAI EST

iamthehoyden
08.27.2012 , 05:27 PM | #1262
Quote: Originally Posted by kabeone View Post
Yay thanks!
Aric companion spoiler.
Spoiler
That's really cool!
Spoiler
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

irishfino
08.27.2012 , 05:31 PM | #1263
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
That's really cool!
Spoiler
Spoiler
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

Tatile
08.27.2012 , 05:46 PM | #1264
Purebloods are generally given the human lines - I think the comment was "palette swap human for story lines". Makes sense, but a bit of a pity. They likely hadn't planned well enough for the Legacy species unlock, would have been cool to have to fight for respect as a Pureblood in the Republic. Or not.

Earthmama
08.27.2012 , 05:49 PM | #1265
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Purebloods are generally given the human lines - I think the comment was "palette swap human for story lines". Makes sense, but a bit of a pity. They likely hadn't planned well enough for the Legacy species unlock, would have been cool to have to fight for respect as a Pureblood in the Republic. Or not.
I agree, and that's exactly how I wrote my PB Sith Trooper. A Pureblood should not be able to walk around the Republic without impunity or reproach, no it's not fair to the PB but looking that much like the enemy should have social repercussions.

bright_ephemera
08.27.2012 , 06:02 PM | #1266
Two alternate histories that make for non-depressing Turning Points, I think.

First my original Sith Warrior (um, at least, he was my first until the end of Balmorra and the discovery of a certain companion recruitment, at which point I shelved him for six months…) Mellekor! I dug it out to contribute something positive to the week. Spoiler-free, 1000 words.

Spoiler

Notes:
Spoiler

Then Inquisitor Niselle, in a non-comedic but still positive tone, just another road not traveled, and definitely one of the first things that came to mind by the time I finished Act 2. Spoilers for the Inquisitor Act 2. 400 words.

Spoiler

Notes:
Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 100+ authors to date. 2600+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
---(Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.)--- DELETA MALAVAI EST

Morgani
08.28.2012 , 08:27 AM | #1267
Much happier waking up today. Great stories.

irishfino: Thirty minutes of intense parade rest. That is... genius. Its good to have friends that inspire you. I imagine Quinn having a lot of those crappy days after the incident. The Force is like Karma right? Right?

hoyden: BH is one of those classes I can't get into. I think its because I keep rolling them Powertech and finding out I don't like the play style. But I also have the issue that I don't know how I want them to be. They end up being pretty grey through Dromund Kaas. I like your Gault though. Everyone needs an old Mando whispering in their ear. Bravo.

Svein: Hah. ID10T error? Poor Ashara.

Kabe: Perfect. Absolutely perfect. Loved every minute reading that story. I agree that it should have been a conversation between Trooper and Jorgan. Once I picked the dark side option during the Senate questing to see what Aric did. It was hilarious but I felt too guilty to go through with it. That kind of clearing the air really should have been in game at that point.

Bright_: Love your stuff. I'm really excited about playing my SI and meeting her companions because they are honestly the only ones I know nothing about in game. Talos seems adorkable. Sometimes I want to write about characters other than Ipha or Brei, even though they are the same classes. Just, a different path, a different personality. I like your characters, they're very real.
Be to her Virtues
very Kind.
Be to her Faults
a little Blind.

Earthmama
08.28.2012 , 09:04 AM | #1268
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
Two alternate histories that make for non-depressing Turning Points, I think.

First my original Sith Warrior (um, at least, he was my first until the end of Balmorra and the discovery of a certain companion recruitment, at which point I shelved him for six months…) Mellekor! I dug it out to contribute something positive to the week. Spoiler-free, 1000 words.

He is intriguing! I know you said you haven't written a story about him, but gosh darn it, even in this little snippet, you managed to create a complex and fascinating character. I would personally love to see you write a darker leaning character as the main protagonist, in whatever form that may take. Lovely work. Niselle was also very nice, good to see her again.

Striges
08.28.2012 , 09:32 PM | #1269
Prompt: Worst day ever

Title: Kirya’s Worst Day

Characters: Kirya (smuggler-to-be) and Rixik (already mercenary but not BH)

So here’s the reason I suggested the prompt for this week. I set these up as a pair; the same event from two perspectives, Rashomon-style. I don’t think they came out as well as I wanted. I’m not as good at showing the emotions for my characters. Kirya’s stories tend to be light-hearted; this one definitely is not.

No spoilers. Kirya is 17 here, Rixik 26. Takes place well before class stories start, 8 years or so.

Author note (contains smuggler spoilers):
Spoiler

Spoiler

Striges
08.28.2012 , 09:36 PM | #1270
Title: Rixik’s Worst Day

Characters: Rixik (already mercenary but not BH) and Kirya (smuggler-to-be)

Here’s the other half of the pair. To be fair, Rixik has a whole host of “worst day” stories, but I wanted to show the one opposite Kirya’s.

Same caveats. No spoilers.

Spoiler