Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Making new mat as a rewards for doing solo ranked is another horrible mistake

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Making new mat as a rewards for doing solo ranked is another horrible mistake

bladech's Avatar


bladech
02.15.2019 , 03:28 PM | #1
While team ranked died and requires new incentive for player's to play it, devs put a new mat to SOLO RANKED which is far from dead and already full of mat farmers who has no idea how to damage,heal, swap guard etc. Sometimes i think that the main sponsor of swtor is facepalm because every time i check new changes facepalm is all i do.

Remove mats from solo ranked and put mats in team ranked. IS this so difficult for you??

Paulsutherland's Avatar


Paulsutherland
02.15.2019 , 03:32 PM | #2
Why not just throw it as a reward for all the weeklies?

Rion_Starkiller's Avatar


Rion_Starkiller
02.15.2019 , 03:36 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by bladech View Post
While team ranked died and requires new incentive for player's to play it, devs put a new mat to SOLO RANKED which is far from dead and already full of mat farmers who has no idea how to damage,heal, swap guard etc. Sometimes i think that the main sponsor of swtor is facepalm because every time i check new changes facepalm is all i do.

Remove mats from solo ranked and put mats in team ranked. IS this so difficult for you??
Yeah, I feel like they got this backwards. The regular MDC crystals should be solos, and the Monumental DC's should be granked. My opinion ofc.

But at least it's pre-season. Wins/Losses don't matter right now.
Beruhl / Zenovia / Lobotomy / Sejanos / Warpunk
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Quote: Originally Posted by Trolltar View Post
I believe he's quoting a frequent contributor to these forums. His name is Strawman.
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
Thanks Rion Starbrah.

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
02.15.2019 , 11:00 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
But at least it's pre-season. Wins/Losses don't matter right now.
Then farm like there’s no tomorrow

lord-angelus's Avatar


lord-angelus
02.16.2019 , 04:40 AM | #5
I really can't believe the pvp community in this game. Cry and the cringe is forever!

First you complained about class balances and destroyed them. Hatred, Power tech didn't designed that way and doesn't feel the same.

Fast-forward ing to today because I can write entire thread that how pvp damaged this game.(mostly developer's fault because even in 2019 we don't have the different pvp - pve output. Dead game is dead)

Everybody complained about mat farmers in group ranked and when they are gone, so does group ranked. And now you are complaining about putting another mat to the group ranked because is dead.

Like I said in the beginning, cry and cringe is real.

juliushorst's Avatar


juliushorst
02.16.2019 , 09:44 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by lord-angelus View Post
Everybody complained about mat farmers in group ranked and when they are gone, so does group ranked. And now you are complaining about putting another mat to the group ranked because is dead.

Like I said in the beginning, cry and cringe is real.
This complaint isn't totally unreasonable. If it was team ranked, I would be OK with this because we all agree that even if we fail we won't be angry, just grab our crystal and go home happy. If it's solo I'm risking ruining the fun for three other people who are skilled PVPers and are going to be unhappy with my underperformance. I'm not going to do this because I don't like ruining people's fun.
All grind and no joy makes Jack a dull boy.
Click here. I get this, you get this

DariusCalera's Avatar


DariusCalera
02.16.2019 , 11:10 AM | #7
I honestly don't think BW thought too far ahead when deciding to do this. With putting the rewards to SR and Vet Queen they showed their lack of foresight.

First off, with the Queen, they put the mats behind a veteran operations boss on a planet where players are absolutely used to being carried with the world bosses. Most don't understand that it is difficult to pug a veteran boss, especially when it's brand new.

In one 16 man group, people were asking why we didn't just get more people not understanding that ops are only 8 or 16 man. In another, the op leader was asking in ops general chat for certain roles not understanding that ops general chat is only for that operation and not for Ossus as a whole.

How this ties into SR is simple. The players that get frustrated with trying to do the Vet Queen take the second route of going into ranked. Like veteran operations, most aren't ready for it and have no idea what they are doing. There is now a high quantity of players but with very low skill caps and it's bringing down the quality of the matches.

The only good thing I can say is the BW did it in the off season where it doesn't really matter.

Lhancelot's Avatar


Lhancelot
02.16.2019 , 11:51 AM | #8
I bet they figured if mat farmers are in solo ranked, that means people solo queing have a better chance of getting decent ELO because there will be easy mat farmers to kill in the solo ranked matches.

As others pointed out, the problem is all it takes is one mat farmer on your team and your chances of winning have just been nullified, unless the other team has one mat farmer or more. This would only lead to a ton of frustration for solo queued PVPers.

At least in team ranked, mat farmers are forced to consolidate themselves on one team, so there's no surprise with who you got on your team and/or what they are doing in team ranked. Also, the benefit is PVP teams can raise their elo when facing mat farmers, allowing them some form of success until they begin facing teams better than themselves.


TL;DR

BW: You should make mat farming only available in the team ranked format, where entire teams are constructed as a mat-farming team or a competitive PVP team. No mixed teams of random mat farmers with random competitive PVPers will avoid a ton of frustration.
The Revival of SWTOR: Petition for More Funding and Resources
(Click link Below For More Information)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=959696

Lhancelot's Avatar


Lhancelot
02.16.2019 , 11:55 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by lord-angelus View Post
I really can't believe the pvp community in this game. Cry and the cringe is forever
PVE players that cry make me cringe when they cry about how other types of players hurt their precious PVE game.

Let's be honest here, all facets of this game have vocal passionate people who want the parts they play most to be improved upon. It's up to the devs to make proper changes that do not hurt other facets of the game when other facets are adjusted.

No one group or type of player "cries" more than another. I seen some of the most cutthroat competitive players on Everquest regarding PVE raiding. Those players make PVPers here look like creampuffs. SO get over yourself, as a PVE player "your" type of player are just as bad as PVPers.
The Revival of SWTOR: Petition for More Funding and Resources
(Click link Below For More Information)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=959696

bladech's Avatar


bladech
02.16.2019 , 02:38 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by lord-angelus View Post
I really can't believe the pvp community in this game. Cry and the cringe is forever!

First you complained about class balances and destroyed them. Hatred, Power tech didn't designed that way and doesn't feel the same.

Fast-forward ing to today because I can write entire thread that how pvp damaged this game.(mostly developer's fault because even in 2019 we don't have the different pvp - pve output. Dead game is dead)

Everybody complained about mat farmers in group ranked and when they are gone, so does group ranked. And now you are complaining about putting another mat to the group ranked because is dead.

Like I said in the beginning, cry and cringe is real.
you totally mistaken here. It's only PVE and solo players who complained about mats in tr. NOT PVP players because pvp players were only happy to have active pops against mat farmers. there was NO LOGIC for pvp players to complain about active pops lol. but of course many pve and solo players were unhappy with being forced to play team ranked for mats. So yeah it's actually pve player's fault.

Now pve/solo players queueing solo ranked for a new crystal ruining it with their low skill and lack of any will to win...

now it is WORST than ever lol.