Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Duping Armor Sets & selling on the GTN

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Duping Armor Sets & selling on the GTN

Rouslaan
02.16.2019 , 09:23 AM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by DzastinBiberi View Post
Its easy to explain really.

I you have bils' of credits, you buy 10 sets when they are low priced, wait a bit, then sell them for higher price, which will be lower than a current one.

Or buy a few hypercrates and sell sets for whatever price that suits you.
Yeah, easy to explain, now tell us where to buy 50x20=1000 armor sets which cost 2600 cc lower than 6 mils so you can put it to gtn 20 times 50x pieces each?

JattaGin
02.16.2019 , 12:27 PM | #52
Page 6 and still not one word about what kind of duping is (supposedly) happening here. I honestly have no idea.
Bioware offers a friend referal system which gives referred players a couple of goodies (incl. 7 free days of sub and a neat free 10 x inventory slot for every character) and referring players some little shinies and cartel coins.
I would be happy if you choose my referral link to grab your free goodies.

Lhancelot
02.16.2019 , 12:38 PM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by JattaGin View Post
Page 6 and still not one word about what kind of duping is (supposedly) happening here. I honestly have no idea.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rouslaan View Post
It is Cartel market items, not crafting or dropping from somewhere, for ridiculously low prices.
Same pattern continues for the last couple of months: some ppl put 50x Armor sets which are being sold for 2600 cartel coins on Cartel Market for 6-8 millions. This is very suspicious.
This is the only thing the OP has provided. His suspicions are all the proof he has to offer.
The Revival of SWTOR: Petition for More Funding and Resources
(Click link Below For More Information)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=959696

Ylliarus
02.16.2019 , 06:49 PM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by KarajansJamara View Post
The duping is the ban-able offence obviously.
Where exactly in the EULA does it say it's ban-able? I want to see the precise citation before I even consider believing you. For as long as you don't provide proof of your claim, it's as believable as me claiming that the EULA says that you should send all your credits to me.

I have put up multiple items for sale frequently as well. Unless I am misunderstanding the situation, I cannot see how having multiple listings of the same item on the GTN would be a problem. I put up 5 or more Character Renames at times because I went away and wanted them to be sold in the meantime without me micromanaging it. That's perfectly normal GTN practice.
The SWTOR Revitalization Petition
This MMO deserves a revitalization, by receiving more funding, resources, manpower and publicity. If you agree with this, sign the petition to EA and Disney here!
And here is my referral link.

Xina_LA
02.17.2019 , 07:50 AM | #55
There have been a few rare instances where I suspected someone found a way to duplicate items on the GTN.

In each case, it was...

* A decoration that was ultra-rare from a pack. Perhaps one drop per hypercrate.
* At least six months after that pack had been out.
* Usually around 20 of the same item that I saw, however others could have sold before I found it.
* Listed for about 10% of the normal price (50 million usual cost for this item, selling for about 5 mil).

Now, if these items had been priced at 450 credits, I know which bug that would be. I've never seen a pricing bug remove zeros from the cost.

Of course, I can't say for sure it was duplicating. But I do have to wonder if someone spent enough money to buy the CC to purchase probably around 30 hypercrates of the same pack to get all those items. Hundreds of dollars, really? It's possible but I'm doubtful.

It also doesn't make sense that someone was trying to corner the market by buying all of the same item for two reasons. First, the item was so rare, you would typically see a listing for very few on the GTN at any given time. Second, it would be blazing hot stupidity to buy something for a higher price than the resale cost, and to list it so far below what you could reasonably get for it. These were listed at fire sale prices.

If anyone here has spent upwards of $500 on the same pack, post and let me know. It will certainly change my perspective on this.

EDIT: As an added note, I have not seen this happen since they stopped selling those expensive named crates. I haven't seen it happen with the Ultimate packs. I'm not sure if that's related.
--=# Decorating addict of Satele Shan server. #=--

AlrikFassbauer
02.17.2019 , 09:24 AM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by JattaGin View Post
Why do people continue to post things like "duping" on weekends, I do wonder ?

This has hjappened so many times, it's always as having a system behind that - or an astounding amount of cluelessness about working times. ("Hey ! It's Sunday, and I want to have this fixed ASAP !")
Complex minds
Cope with
Complex problems.

ceryxp
02.17.2019 , 10:31 AM | #57
I think the OP must be on to something because right now on Star Forge there are 83 pages of people selling Imperial and Republic guardsman decos for 2,100 credits per unit. And many of the sellers are the same person. Dun dun duuuun. Duping is rampant and the dupers have cornered the market on a deco that costs 200 credits from the vendor!
--------------------------------------------------
Click the link. You know you wanna. You'll get free stuff. - http://www.swtor.com/r/W9ZqZj

Lhancelot
02.17.2019 , 11:49 AM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by ceryxp View Post
I think the OP must be on to something because right now on Star Forge there are 83 pages of people selling Imperial and Republic guardsman decos for 2,100 credits per unit. And many of the sellers are the same person. Dun dun duuuun. Duping is rampant and the dupers have cornered the market on a deco that costs 200 credits from the vendor!
Don't say this, he will think it proves him right.
The Revival of SWTOR: Petition for More Funding and Resources
(Click link Below For More Information)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=959696

Xina_LA
02.17.2019 , 12:18 PM | #59
Hey, y'all, what about my post? Plenty of posts railing on the OP, no comment when someone else says hey... I saw something strange myself. Not everything the OP was talking about, but one of them. Are you still interested in the topic or just having fun bashing someone?
--=# Decorating addict of Satele Shan server. #=--

Rouslaan
02.17.2019 , 12:35 PM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by Xina_LA View Post
Hey, y'all, what about my post? Plenty of posts railing on the OP, no comment when someone else says hey... I saw something strange myself. Not everything the OP was talking about, but one of them. Are you still interested in the topic or just having fun bashing someone?
What I've seen on Darth Malgus GTN are:
50x Callous Conqueror armor sets for 12-13m each (3 times, a couple of months ago); usual price was 35-40m+
50x Revan Reborn armor sets for 9-12m each (3 times); usual price was 25-30m
50x Tulak Hord armor sets for 8-12m each (2 times); usual price was 30+m
50x Satele Shan armor sets for 8-10m each (3 times); usual price was 25-30m

So, it's always was the same pattern - someone put 50 pieces of each armor set 3-4 times lower than average price.