Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR Deserves A Revival: More Funding, Resources and Manpower

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
SWTOR Deserves A Revival: More Funding, Resources and Manpower
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ardrossan
01.21.2019 , 03:11 PM | #21
I wish you luck, but I'm not signing a change.org petition.

Ylliarus
01.21.2019 , 03:31 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Ardrossan View Post
I wish you luck, but I'm not signing a change.org petition.
Out of curiosity, why is that?
The SWTOR Revitalization Petition
This MMO deserves a revitalization, by receiving more funding, resources, manpower and publicity. If you agree with this, sign the petition to EA and Disney here!
And here is my referral link.

Ylliarus
01.21.2019 , 05:24 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by FlameYOL View Post
I appreciate the effort, and I don't mean to be a negative nancy, but I don't think a change.org petition will change anything especially our current predicament in regards to the tight budget this game receives. However if we were to do a social media campaign to bring awareness to the issue, perhaps even bringing an influx of new players (Giving Keith the excuse he needs for an increase in the budget) I'd be all for it. I'm singing it but I won't hold my breath if EA doesn't listen to us, again.
Well, honestly one can lead to the other. If the petition grabs people's attention then we can also subsequently bring awareness through social media. It's why I keep repeating that I urge everyone who wants to, to share the petition everywhere they can. The more people know about it and sign it, the louder it can speak and thus the easier it will be to grab people's attention and raise awareness around the issue of SWTOR's current lack of funding, resources and manpower
This MMO deserves a revitalization, by receiving more funding, resources, manpower and publicity. If you agree with this, sign the petition to EA and Disney here!

TrixxieTriss
01.21.2019 , 05:51 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Ylliarus View Post
Out of curiosity, why is that?
Because they collect all your data and share it. You should read their terms and conditions as well as their privacy agreement.
Then when you sign, which I just did, they bombard you to sign more petitions in your area. They ask you for money and they want you to link your social media accounts.
Does this sound familiar to anyone? Ie Facebook?

I can completely understand why someone wouldn’t want to sign. I know I wouldn’t have if I’d read the terms and conditions first (my bad) or realised all the crap they were going to bombard me with.

Ylliarus
01.21.2019 , 06:34 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Because they collect all your data and share it. You should read their terms and conditions as well as their privacy agreement.
Then when you sign, which I just did, they bombard you to sign more petitions in your area. They ask you for money and they want you to link your social media accounts.

I can completely understand why someone wouldn’t want to sign. I know I wouldn’t have if I’d read the terms and conditions first (my bad) or realised all the crap they were going to bombard me with.
You can unsubscribe from the mail updates, or at least, so it says whenever you sign up to a new petition.

But don't all sites these days collect data and sell it? I mean, I was under the impression it was standard practice these days, especially with what has been going on with Facebook :P doesn't take away that it's bad practice nonetheless.

Ardrossan
01.21.2019 , 10:50 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post

Yup. I also think - and no offense intended, Yillarus - that it's a vehicle for a rather shallow form of online activism. It's the go-to for people who don't actually want to do any work to change x, but merely to showcase to others that they care passionately about x. I put it in the same category as ranting about a cause on Facebook, and about as effective.

Before you ask what bright ideas I've come up with, I don't have any on hand to give. However, I do think it would be a useful sub-topic for this thread to suggest that people try to generate some ideas that are actually likely to make Disney pay attention to swtor.

Khaleg
01.22.2019 , 12:54 AM | #28
Signed and shared on my Twitter, although I think EA gives a damn about it.
Nal'augh, guild master "The Conqueror Fleet" - Tulak Hord
Do you want 7 free days of subscription and other freebies? Click here!

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/doubleudude

Batwer
01.22.2019 , 02:33 AM | #29
/signed and tweeted
As I've written before, I would even pay more monthly if it made the game clever. If They had invested more money from the beginning, there would not be such problems now.
Better Engine = Open World Raids/ Less stuttering. From the beginning they should have paid attention to bugs and remove them immediately. That would have been a solid backbone. They could have built on that.
Für Neueinsteiger und Rückkehrer:
klick mich: http://www.swtor.com/r/zwyYS6

Celise
01.22.2019 , 02:57 AM | #30
SWTOR won't get those resources back and If anthem fails? Bioware is dead and buried.
If Anthem succeeds? Then SWTOR will never have a chance of acquiring the resources it had a few years ago, because a lot of it will be in Anthem as new content will be required to keep the game active for years to come.

This petition isn't going to ever reach a point where EA is going to agree with. Even if you had at most a few thousand signs (and that is being generous), it won't be enough to consider the petition a success. if it were to ever have a chance it would need to be in the 10,000+ range (after weeding out anyone who holds multiple accounts to artifically pump up the numbers of signs).

I appreciate that some of us including myself want to see SWTOR get back on its feet again, but unless EA put their own neck on the line and give more manpower and resources for SWTOR (a legacy of them savagely cutting down 3 bioware offices a while ago after MEA), otherwise this whole issue is a loser for SWTOR no matter what.

Like i mentioned in the other threads: i want to see EA invest their resources into the Star Wars IP, but they won't lift a finger if they can't make a mint of the game in the process.

Now let us look at it from SWTOR's point of view:
RNG crates have always been a problem in SWTOR, once in version 1 of this game and in version 5 and from there it has remained. In both cases pushing a lot of customers away from this game for good.
FE and ET showed one thing: a one size fits all storyline also didn't work out well either.
The Ossus storyline was received with mixed views from the remaining customers which didn't help SWTOR's chances either.

So this is where we are at: If SWTOR has ever got a hope in hell of making it out alive and continuing to survive?
- EA needs to reinvest into the game pretty heavily.
- Remove Ben Irving's GC for good.
- Start advertising for the game again and make apologies for driving away customers with bad design choices. Aditionally also make sure to give a free 2 month subscription and a few goodies to any former customer of SWTOR in order to get numbers back.
- Get the 6.0 storyline out and build on an epic storyline after this with a new Expac.
- Create more races, new original classes and origin storylines.
- Find ways to update the 15 year-old Hero engine and optimise the game engine once again.
- Bring on new and original PvP's, flashpoints and operations.
- Invest in servers and transfers again.

That is a lot of work to do and requires a lot of resources to make happen.