Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why is Bioware so silent on major gear issues from 5.10?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why is Bioware so silent on major gear issues from 5.10?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

olagatonjedi
02.16.2019 , 05:41 PM | #391
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
I think you missed his point. Which was to say you can’t optimise the way you use to. It has changed how you have to do it and it takes twice as long to grind it out.
No, his point was pretty clear and inaccurate. He said you CAN'T optimize. And in fact you can.

TrixxieTriss
02.16.2019 , 06:10 PM | #392
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
No, his point was pretty clear and inaccurate. He said you CAN'T optimize. And in fact you can.
Quote: Originally Posted by PiiTarr View Post
No, you cannot still optimize "just the same as before." Any player running a dps class without a healing discipline is now forced to use an alt to gain gear with the modifications that have the optimal stats for those specific slots.
I guess this means something else to me when I read it. Seems pretty clear to me. But I guess “just the same as before” must means something else is Olag language.
You wouldn’t happen to have a spare Olag dictionary I could borrow or a google translation link. I tried to find one and came back with this quote from Urbandictionary.com

Quote:
quote from https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=OLAG
“O.L.A.G
Office ladys at giaser, they are ANNOYING mean ppl when ur in trouble, and mean when ur not!
i hate them
by I.H.a.t.e.y.o.u December 14, 2003”
And I found this picture too. I didn’t know you’d done film work. Have you been in anything else?https://goo.gl/images/uNn5Pg

olagatonjedi
02.16.2019 , 06:37 PM | #393
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
I guess this means something else to me when I read it. Seems pretty clear to me. But I guess “just the same as before” must means something else is Olag language.
You wouldn’t happen to have a spare Olag dictionary I could borrow or a google translation link. I tried to find one and came back with this quote from Urbandictionary.com

And I found this picture too. I didn’t know you’d done film work. Have you been in anything else?https://goo.gl/images/uNn5Pg
Interpretation is a crazy thing, right?

PiiTarr
02.16.2019 , 07:13 PM | #394
Actually, that is not what I said. You might want to go back and read it again, or you can allow your misquote to stand. It's all the same to me since it's there for everyone to read.

olagatonjedi
02.16.2019 , 08:00 PM | #395
Quote: Originally Posted by PiiTarr View Post
Actually, that is not what I said. You might want to go back and read it again, or you can allow your misquote to stand. It's all the same to me since it's there for everyone to read.
"Just the same as before" were my specific words, and they mean the same thing now as they meant when i originally said them. It sounds like others may not have understood what they meant.

LD_Little_Dragon
02.16.2019 , 08:48 PM | #396
"Just the same as before" were my specific words, and they mean the same thing now as they meant when i originally said them. It sounds like others may not have understood what they meant.
I had no trouble understanding what they meant by 'not able to optimize the same way'. I'm fortunate because I do play a heal spec, but can see things from the viewpoint of pure dps or dps/tanks.

Olag, I think you just misunderstood what the complaint was. Still, it's great to see someone who's happy with the direction the game is taking, even if I don't share your enthusiasm.
Stealthy heals, stealthy dps, stealthy tank.

DarthSpuds
02.17.2019 , 05:14 AM | #397
Quote: Originally Posted by LD_Little_Dragon View Post
Still, it's great to see someone who's happy with the direction the game is taking, even if I don't share your enthusiasm.
That's one then.

All The Best
#Is-This-As-Good-As-It-Gets?

If you think my comment has been helpful in anyway please >>Click Here<< for the Refer A Friend Bonus.

VaceDemon
02.17.2019 , 05:29 AM | #398
Guys, EAware has made it very clear with their silence on Gearing Under Siege. They do NOT care. Simple as that.
Game is memes xd

RTCBrad
02.18.2019 , 06:23 AM | #399
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
These are good questions, so let me try to address them.

1 - This is an intended change. That being said, we know there is definitely some friction from this change and so keep raising your concerns/feedback which I can pass to the team. We have made no secret of the fact that we know we are due for some big itemization changes to address a variety of issues around gearing. Please keep telling us what you would like to see in the future from gearing in SWTOR. We will continue to gather feedback and as we get into the next year, we will have active conversations with you about future gearing plans.

-eric
Hi Eric,

Would you be able to explain the rationale of this intended change, I'm struggling to imagine how anyone thought this change could benefit the player base?
Click my referral link here for 7 days free sub time, 1 free server transfer and a bundle of cartel market unlocks!

olagatonjedi
02.18.2019 , 06:46 AM | #400
Quote: Originally Posted by RTCBrad View Post
Hi Eric,

Would you be able to explain the rationale of this intended change, I'm struggling to imagine how anyone thought this change could benefit the player base?
Every change isnt required to benefit the player base. There are other agendas within development that serve many other purposes. Just curious where you came to the conclusion that the change had to benefit the playerbase?