Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Why is Bioware so silent on major gear issues from 5.10?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why is Bioware so silent on major gear issues from 5.10?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Screaming_Ziva's Avatar


Screaming_Ziva
12.17.2018 , 03:41 PM | #1
The silence from Bioware on gear issues from 5.10 is ridiculous. There are two major issues with gear right now:

https://imgur.com/a/TzELWea

#1 - Mods and Enhancements are bound to a particular piece of gear (ie main hand, chest, etc). I understand the armoring pieces being piece bound but mods and enhancements being bound makes zero sense and doesn't allow anyone to min / max their gear.

#2 - The new set pieces do not mix and match with the old set pieces. Now, we basically have to farm six new pieces of gear before we can upgrade any of our armorings.

Whose brilliant ideas where these?
THIS is the Referral Link you are looking for.
Click for 7 days Free Access, 1 Free Server Transfer, and a Free Jumpstart or Preferred Bundle.

Screaming Ziva's Stronghold Tour

Zidovain's Avatar


Zidovain
12.17.2018 , 03:57 PM | #2
It's a bigger problem than I thought. I didn't see this coming. Kinda one of those "look but don't touch" situations.

I proposed something to ease this burden -- http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=957732

However even with this, bound mods and enhancements remain abysmally problematic.

MikeCobalt's Avatar


MikeCobalt
12.17.2018 , 04:21 PM | #3
Its called "Company Centric", The company does entirely what they want and what the customer likes/ wants doesn't matter. BW rarely changes what's already done even the GC and small guild problems despite all those complaints only made small (inconsequential) changes.

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
12.17.2018 , 05:38 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Screaming_Ziva View Post
The silence from Bioware on gear issues from 5.10 is ridiculous. There are two major issues with gear right now:

https://imgur.com/a/TzELWea

#1 - Mods and Enhancements are bound to a particular piece of gear (ie main hand, chest, etc). I understand the armoring pieces being piece bound but mods and enhancements being bound makes zero sense and doesn't allow anyone to min / max their gear.

#2 - The new set pieces do not mix and match with the old set pieces. Now, we basically have to farm six new pieces of gear before we can upgrade any of our armorings.

Whose brilliant ideas where these?
They were told about this on the PTS and ignored it then too. The only conclusion is they meant it to be this way to make the grind even harder and longer.
What they don’t realise is people are leaving because it’s a ******** decision and we are all sick of them ignoring overwhelming player feed back on BAD ideas.

SiegePro's Avatar


SiegePro
12.17.2018 , 06:01 PM | #5
Alternately, they're ignoring it because 95+% of the player base doesn't care one way or another because they already faceroll the content they actually play in 230-ish gear and barely touch regular PVP, much less ranked PVP.

Do not mistake "loud" for "numerous" when it comes to the player base.

Personally getting some 252 something or other (probably a weapon or offhand if its using stuff I'm choosing since those have the biggest effect on tech/force power) just from doing regular content will be a nice bonus, but I honestly couldn't care less about gear that's going to be obsolete the moment 6.0 drops with five more levels and minimum 260 rating green quality drops for the new content.

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
12.17.2018 , 07:16 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by SiegePro View Post
Alternately, they're ignoring it because 95+% of the player base doesn't care one way or another because they already faceroll the content they actually play in 230-ish gear and barely touch regular PVP, much less ranked PVP.

Do not mistake "loud" for "numerous" when it comes to the player base.

Personally getting some 252 something or other (probably a weapon or offhand if its using stuff I'm choosing since those have the biggest effect on tech/force power) just from doing regular content will be a nice bonus, but I honestly couldn't care less about gear that's going to be obsolete the moment 6.0 drops with five more levels and minimum 260 rating green quality drops for the new content.
If that was the case, why would Musco post yesterday in response to this

Quote: Originally Posted by Eloi_BG View Post
Anything on the set bonus issues (old one and new one not stacking correctly)
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
The team is actively investigating this right now. If it is working that way it is definitely not intended. I will pass on details as I have them.

-eric
I didn’t see that post post before the one I made earlier. So it shows they are listening, but communication is not flowing to us or back to the team in a smooth way.

The problem with the set bonuses was brought up on the pts and should never have gone live if it wasn’t intended. So they either didn’t get the feed back because communication is poor or they tried to slip it through and are only back tracking because of the push back from the player base.

So we need to keep pushing for them to fix the rest. They’ve been silent on what is and isn’t intended as far as mods and enhancements, so how do we know if that’s intended or also a bug?

If we aren’t loud and push them for answers or changes, they ignore them, even if they are bugs and then the bug ends up being an intended feature. Which isnt good for the game if it pisses players off enough to leave.

Just because you don’t care and there aren’t as many posters as before, doesn’t mean a majority or people aren’t pissed at this system. But don’t worry, us “loud” people are here as a voice for those not capable (non subs) or those who never post on the forums.

Being apathetic to bad changes lets the game die faster. If people who obviously care don’t post at their displeasure and only people like yourself who don’t care post, Bioware thinks they are doing a good job.

Let me finish by saying there is no date on when or even if 6.0 is confirmed. The last pod cast had Musco and Charlie’s change their language from there will be a 6.0 to “hypothetically” if there is a 6.0.
That doesn’t bode well for the game.
Even if there ends up being a 6.0, it won’t be before this time next year. That’s 12 months at least till the “green” gear will appear. What are pvpers or ops guys supposed to do till then? Just put up with a broken gearing system or leave the game?

Neulwen's Avatar


Neulwen
12.17.2018 , 07:23 PM | #7
Other issues with the gear system are that there is no way to get Ossus reputation from warzone (unranked) missions, and that a long gear grind causes more imbalance in pvp. Ironically, this about new gear pieces not stacking with t4 set boni means more balanced pvp games for a longer time (until people start getting 6 pieces).

Quote: Originally Posted by SiegePro View Post
95+% of the player base doesn't care one way or another because they already faceroll the content they actually play in 230-ish gear and barely touch regular PVP, much less ranked PVP.
On my server at least there is plenty of unranked pvp going. If BW had given up on pvp, they wouldn't have given us a new huttball map and a new arena map.

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
12.17.2018 , 07:27 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Neulwen View Post
Other issues with the gear system are that there is no way to get Ossus reputation from warzone (unranked) missions, and that a long gear grind causes more imbalance in pvp. Ironically, this about new gear pieces not stacking with t4 set boni means more balanced pvp games for a longer time (until people start getting 6 pieces).

On my server at least there is plenty of unranked pvp going. If BW had given up on pvp, they wouldn't have given us a new huttball map and a new arena map.
Pvp is popping less at the times I play on SF since 5.10 was released. I get more pvp in the pvp Ossus instance than I do in the queue.

Neulwen's Avatar


Neulwen
12.17.2018 , 07:38 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Pvp is popping less at the times I play on SF since 5.10 was released. I get more pvp in the pvp Ossus instance than I do in the queue.
It pops less than it used to here on DM too, because now pvpers have to farm pve dailies and world bosses etc. :/ But there's still plenty of it going.

Edit: Maybe another week, when the rotating mission won't be a pvp one, there'll be even less... Either way, I don't think that's because there aren't enough pvpers.

Zerileth's Avatar


Zerileth
12.17.2018 , 07:51 PM | #10
My guess is this studio is too little for the size of the game. I'm sure they're doing everything they can, but overwhelmed is overwhelmed.
. <--------just this little red dot