You're asking a whole lot for a crystal

Jensaari

Players are charging the hell out of these White-Black Crystals, by the time I'll come up with the credits I'll be at lvl 50 and would have no use for it. You gotta come up with more reasonable prices than over a million for a lvl 10 item guys. Edited by Jensaari

Players are charging the hell out of these White-Black Crystals, by the time I'll come up with the credits I'll be at lvl 50 and would have no use for it. You gotta come up with more reasonable prices than over a million for a lvl 10 item guys.

They're a rare item in cartel packs, which means there aren't hundreds of them about, the rarer the item, the more expensive it is. You clearly only want the crystal for the stats to boost a lower level character, so buy one of the other cartel colour crystals, they sell about 100k-ish on my server.

No one is forcing you to buy that crystal at over a million, so stop complaining.

Revan masks sell for 2mil+ and that's a level 1 item.

In addition to what's already been said;

It's a level "10" item that lasts until end game, making it an item you don't even have to replace at level 50.

A lot of people desire it for their alts, a way of twinking them - and unless you get one by paying real money for it (and luck) through the packs, you aren't likely to be able to afford one unless you have a high level character to fund you - or you are savvy with the GTN.

They're a rare item in cartel packs, which means there aren't hundreds of them about, the rarer the item, the more expensive it is. You clearly only want the crystal for the stats to boost a lower level character, so buy one of the other cartel colour crystals, they sell about 100k-ish on my server.

No one is forcing you to buy that crystal at over a million, so stop complaining.

Revan masks sell for 2mil+ and that's a level 1 item.

That's what they're charging for the crystals on my server

yeh but are those crystals more rare or less rare??

Less rare. I've gotten half a dozen purples and haven't seen a single white-black. The fact is: the OP wants something very rare for cosmetic reasons. Everyone wants this crystal for cosmetic reasons. It has a very high demand and a very low supply, therefore ppl can charge pretty much whatever they want for them. I've seen the purple and cyan ones for 100-300k, which is cheaper than most end game mods. (because these crystals can be used all the way up to lvl 50 and beyond. Once 2.0 comes out there will be better ones, of course.

Less rare. I've gotten half a dozen purples and haven't seen a single white-black. The fact is: the OP wants something very rare for cosmetic reasons. Everyone wants this crystal for cosmetic reasons. It has a very high demand and a very low supply, therefore ppl can charge pretty much whatever they want for them. I've seen the purple and cyan ones for 100-300k, which is cheaper than most end game mods. (because these crystals can be used all the way up to lvl 50 and beyond. Once 2.0 comes out there will be better ones, of course.

So they do have a reason for charging such a high price for the black-white crystals.

Its not like all the people on the server want to rip you off. Or maybe they do on your server

So they do have a reason for charging such a high price for the black-white crystals.

Its not like all the people on the server want to rip you off. Or maybe they do on your server

Exactly. If I found one I'd sell it in a heart beat. I know it looks cool, but so does 1.5 million credits winking at me every time I open my inventory.

I wouldn't bother spending that much for the crystal. It ceases being so "rare" once you start seeing everyone running around with them because of the "Oooo, it's so rare, I must have it" sheeple mentality. I guess it's fine if you've played the game so long and are so flithy rich you have nothing better to do with your credits...like some rich guy in RL buying a 24 gold plated toilet or something. :D

I wouldn't bother spending that much for the crystal. It ceases being so "rare" once you start seeing everyone running around with them because of the "Oooo, it's so rare, I must have it" sheeple mentality. I guess it's fine if you've played the game so long and are so flithy rich you have nothing better to do with your credits...like some rich guy in RL buying a 24 gold plated toilet or something. :D

Yeh, and also, if you don't have the money to buy one and you start to save up for it, if it IS so expensive then by the time you get halfway you'll have found an interest in another thing and give up saving for the crystal

They "gotta"?

Or else.......what?

They dont really have to lower the prices because they wanna make as much money as possible.

And they're not stupid, they know that everybody wants one and that the crystals are rare so they're going to increase the price to whatever they want.

They "gotta"?

Or else.......what?

I lol'd so hard at this.

But seriously, the white/black crystals are so expensive for a reason. They are arguably the MOST rare color crystals in the game, and they look damn cool to boot. I've drooled over one several times in the "preview" window, before coming to my senses and realized how many dailies I had had to run in order to get the credits to buy it off the GTN. Plus the expac was coming out and I didn't want to clear out my credits for a crystal that would probably be overshadowed by new gear soon enough.

OP what server are you on? If your on Jedi Covent then i have one in my jedi's cargo that I havent done anything with yet. I sell it to you for way less just give me a quote or I will take trades for other items :)

• 2 weeks later...
OP what server are you on? If your on Jedi Covent then i have one in my jedi's cargo that I havent done anything with yet. I sell it to you for way less just give me a quote or I will take trades for other items :)

You have the Hawkeye? If so I'll buy it off of ya.

Players are charging the hell out of these White-Black Crystals, by the time I'll come up with the credits I'll be at lvl 50 and would have no use for it. You gotta come up with more reasonable prices than over a million for a lvl 10 item guys.

People have been selling these for over a mil creds!!! AAAwww man, I've been RE:ing them for mats!!

I personally will not spend a Million Credits on anything in the game. In my opinion it is ridiculous. I would just assume to go without it if it cost that much. I will not buy Cartel Packs either as they are just a waste of money.

So I will probably never see one of these Crystals, and I could care less about it.

You know another useless thing is the VIP Vendor. It has one item and it is like 2.5 Million or something for that stupid Speeder that it has. What a waste the VIP Vendor is in this game. BioWare really needs to learn to make things more useful in this game. :rolleyes:

My suggest. Do not Buy Cartel Packs and do not spend over a Million Credits on anything. Hoard all your Money and Credits. That is what I do. :D

Only go for the good deals.

You know when I get items in the game that I do not use, I put them up on the GTN for half of what people are asking for them. If people do not like me undercutting them that bad that is to bad. :p If they do not sale in the first 2 days I will sale them to the NPC Vendors to just get rid of them. Unless the item is really good in which I may give it another go on the GTN for a few more days. Usually though if it is anywhere less than level 40 items I will sale them to the NPC Vendors in the long run if I do not keep it for myself for one of my toons.

The GTN is full of Crap mostly. All the good items are priced stupidly. You know what I miss is the Vendor System that we had in SWG. I miss having my own store that I could setup and decorate and sale my loot and crafts. It was pretty fun. If you were good at it, you could do very well. Customers would be coming back to you often instead of dealing with others. BioWare could have learned from that but they didn't. :o There loss in my opinion.