Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

deconstruction reengineering help needed

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
deconstruction reengineering help needed

kjarnage
02.09.2020 , 02:05 PM | #1
Ok did deconstruction replace reengineering?

All I get are scraps and tech fragments.

How do you get schematics and augmentation slot components now?

More in game help would be nice.

JediQuaker
02.09.2020 , 03:38 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by kjarnage View Post
How do you get schematics and augmentation slot components now?.
Only certain items can be deconstructed to get schematics. Items such as augments and other mods can result in a schematic for higher rating versions of the item.

I'm not sure about the augmentation components, but they used come from RE'ing crafted items.

The various armor pieces and mods you get as quest rewards, etc, will not get you schematics or augmentation components.

If schematic is possible from the items you put in the deconstruction box, it will say so at the top of the box.
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

turbomagnus
02.09.2020 , 05:53 PM | #3
It's based on your crafting skill; deconstructing items from the same crafting school as your skill results in materials, Augment Slot Components (still coming from deconstructing crafted items as of a few hours ago when I was doing it in game) and learning schematics. Items from other schools (i.e., Armormech on a character that knows Artifice) just give varying amounts of scrap and tech fragments.

kjarnage
02.09.2020 , 09:46 PM | #4
So you can deconstruction stuff outside your craft. Effectively be careful about who deconstructs what.

turbomagnus
02.10.2020 , 05:22 AM | #5
Only high level items, I think; equivalent to Grade 11 Crafting. Lower level items still can't be deconstructed by non-Skilled characters.

SteveTheCynic
02.10.2020 , 10:44 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by turbomagnus View Post
Only high level items, I think; equivalent to Grade 11 Crafting. Lower level items still can't be deconstructed by non-Skilled characters.
Level 75 characters can deconstruct any requires-level-75 gear. No other "out of skill" deconstructing is possible.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
Up the Universe!

turbomagnus
02.10.2020 , 02:19 PM | #7
*Shakes his head*

Sith warrior in the sixties in level, 'Onslaught' level (600+) crew skills, so he was getting lvl75 gear as Investigation mission rewards and the game was letting him Deconstruct it for scrap and T-Frags. Maybe it requires Onslaught skills?

SteveTheCynic
02.10.2020 , 03:47 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by turbomagnus View Post
Maybe it requires Onslaught skills?
Hmm. You may be right. But it's definitely only level 75 gear.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
Up the Universe!