Preferable Assassin Stats?

PendragonIX

Hey, So I've played a a tank since launch and left for a while after coming back recently I decided I'd give deception a go and really enjoyed it.

I'd just like to know what would be the amount to aim for with each stat I play in deception spec for PVP. And also What stats would be viable for ops if i were to play madness spec. (Surge, Power, Willpower, Etc)

Thanks in advance.

Edited by PendragonIX

You always want 75% surge. After this, DR kicks in hard, so do not bother anymore. You will be getting your surge from earpieces and enhancements, which come in either power/surge, or power/accuracy. Since there is a heavy DR on surge beyond 75%, choose accuracy beyond that point. This will end up at about 97% accuracy. Crit should be anywhere from 30-35% fully buffed, its personal preference how high you stack this. I like lower crit/higher power for Deception, and higher crit for Madness. Once you get your crit where you want it, dump the rest into as much willpower and power as possible.

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/28aad0a0-9d51-4a62-81fb-06be9edfd90b

That is my gear setup, mostly WH, with a little bit of EWH thrown in. This setup is for 1208 expertise, swap the pve armorings around if you prefer more.

So far i have tried around 35% crit chance 98% acr. and rest i poured into power/willpower.

I then tried to roll with 39% crit chance, lower acr around 95% less power and well over 10 parses of 6 min with same spec crit build pumped out more power/dps. Deception is a spec that lives for crit, just look at our crit bonus on shock.

Both build had around 76% surge

So far i have tried around 35% crit chance 98% acr. and rest i poured into power/willpower.

I then tried to roll with 39% crit chance, lower acr around 95% less power and well over 10 parses of 6 min with same spec crit build pumped out more power/dps. Deception is a spec that lives for crit, just look at our crit bonus on shock.

Both build had around 76% surge

Parses mean absolutely nothing in pvp.

Parses mean absolutely nothing in pvp.

This^

You can finish a quick VS with 300k damage, doing 450ish dps. A parse would tell you that that is abysmal dps. What the parse doesn't account for is that you were able to merc healers left and right, effectively decreasing your opponents efficiency, greatly helping your team achieve a victory.

Edited by Cowflab