Hard mode Corruptor Zero Concussion Mines...

post 2.4.1... whats the deal?

so the boss gives someone random the debuff... and you cant cleanse it, by stacking on the boss or a cleanse. around 40%, you can get the old school mine debuff which stacks,and you cleanse it by stacking on the boss... the pre 40% mine debuffs dont seem to do any damage or anything...

whats the deal?

Edited by dipstik

whats the deal?

Practically impossibru to keep track of who has the 'Concussive Mine' when the debuff icon remains and stacks up separately. We downed the boss as usual but this needs to be fixed. Our Sorcerer healer had 5 separate stacks of it at the end of the fight...

The Concussion Mines that get applied that AREN'T stacking do not do any damage at all. They aren't cleansable but they don't do damage. The normal Concussion Mine that stacks can still be cleansed the right way. The fight is still exactly the same as before except for this visual bug and just as doable as before. Edited by TheRealCandyMan

The Concussion Mines that get applied that AREN'T stacking do not do any damage at all. They aren't cleansable but they don't do damage. The normal Concussion Mine that stacks can still be cleansed the right way. The fight is still exactly the same as before except for this visual bug and just as doable as before.

Yup just the debuff icon remains after running into the boss. Makes it difficult to track who has it.

The Concussion Mines that get applied that AREN'T stacking do not do any damage at all. They aren't cleansable but they don't do damage. The normal Concussion Mine that stacks can still be cleansed the right way. The fight is still exactly the same as before except for this visual bug and just as doable as before.

And here I thought BW broke another fight...

But it should be doable as long as we keep a lookout for the mines that stack as intended, right?

Edited by DieGhostDie

You can get the stacking one above 40% too. It really sucks, overall. We went off the explosion animation primarily and had one of the ranged calling out who had it. That seemed to work fairly well, overall. Hilariously, you keep the non-stacking debuffs until death. We had several raid members who still had Concussion Mine while pulling Brontes. :-)

And here I thought BW broke another fight...

But it should be doable as long as we keep a lookout for the mines that stack as intended, right?

Yes as long as you keep an eye out for the mine icon that stacks and ignore the one that doesn't stack (it does nothing), the fight is still same as before :)

Do you at least get the icon all the time now? For us, we've only gotten the broken graphics version that is really hard to see, and you certainly can't see if it's stacking or not. Haven't done the fight since the patch ( will tonight) so hopefully that's fixed at least.

Pre Patch:

1) Zero would throw the mine at someone with no cast bar or verbal indication, it just happened and you needed to run to the boss.

Patch Notes:

Corruptor Zero: In Hard Mode, Corruptor Zero's "Concussion Mine" ability now fires at the proper intervals, and there is less of an increase in damage dealt by additional stacks of the ability.

After Patch

1) Zero will target someone and cast Concussion Mine and add a non stacking debuff to someone's bar, still doesn't appear to have a a verbal cue as well.

2) These debuffs add up to which can make it difficult for anyone else in the raid to see when one person has 6 of them on them.

3) Zero would throw the mine at someone with no cast bar or verbal indication, it just happened and you needed to run to the boss.

Conclussion: BioFail - Its the same fight as pre patch but now you try to trick us.

Edited by Nipanther

It's not a bug it's a feature :rak_09:

Life of an evil boss isn't cheap in these days.

The Dread Masters don't have enough credits to buy new concussion mines from Czerka, they buy salvaged ones from jawas.Due to that, some mines are malfunctioning and just stick to a player but do not explode.

Before 2.4.1, there were already two types of Concussion Mines:

1) The normal debuff with the mine icon that stacks and needs to be cleansed by walking into the boss

2) Another invisible debuff that does not stack and does not expire. The debuff had a border but no icon, as if the icon was missing in the files, but when you hover over it, the tooltip said "Concussion Mine". It did no damage, however after some time it would disappear by itself.

It seems like they now fixed the icon on debuff #2, that's why people are now seeing it more often, but rest assured this debuff always existed. I can't believe I am the only healer who noticed that invisible debuff before 2.4.1. :eek:

I suppose that the debuff #2 is still buggy and should do some kind of damage.

Edited by Jerba

No we always noticed it, just couldn't tell it apart from the stacking one.

Not really sure what you mean by that; the stackable debuff always had an icon, even before 2.4.1: http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/swtor-corruptor-zero-dread-fortress-operation-guide-concussion-mine.jpg

Maybe you have a slow computer where it takes a few seconds until the icons are showing up? I know some players have had those problems in the past.

i am really getting fed up by this guy:

still getting wasted by this boss even though we seems to be doing all ok.

the he throws a concussion mine in range group and this is second and third stack damage (confirmed by watching video for this fight):

23:15:24.286 Corruptor Zero hits you with Concussion Mine for 5412 kinetic damage.

23:15:26.692 Corruptor Zero hits you with Concussion Mine for 15426 kinetic damage.

Kudos to those groups that can kill him with damage like this going out. Can i borrow your healers ?? :p

Not really sure what you mean by that; the stackable debuff always had an icon, even before 2.4.1: http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/swtor-corruptor-zero-dread-fortress-operation-guide-concussion-mine.jpg

Maybe you have a slow computer where it takes a few seconds until the icons are showing up? I know some players have had those problems in the past.

Or we only got the non-stackable kind. Before this patch, I've seen the stackable icon exactly once, all other concussion mines we've gotten have been the messed up versions.

Edit: I've also made an observation. It seems like the concussion mine only goes out as the stackable one if whoever is targeted is too far away from the boss. We keep within 10 meters of him and very rarely get it. I'm pretty sure the non-stackable mine is what happens if he targets someone close enough not to get the stackable one.

Edited by MVaglin

Edit: I've also made an observation. It seems like the concussion mine only goes out as the stackable one if whoever is targeted is too far away from the boss. We keep within 10 meters of him and very rarely get it. I'm pretty sure the non-stackable mine is what happens if he targets someone close enough not to get the stackable one.

Very interesting, that would explain a lot of things. In my raid group, only healers and rDPS ever got the stackable mine, so that's in line with your theory.

So I suppose we can consider the non-stackable mine to be bugged, since it appears to do absolutely nothing, and is impossible to remove.

Edited by Jerba

I'm not sure that's really correct. We frequently got the stackable mine on tanks or melee, it was simply removed immediately because they were already near the boss. You only really ever notice it if someone is too far away and it ticks more than once.

Either way, definitely a sloppy mechanic now, it seems. Not sure if this is really "working as intended" or not, but I hope this doesn't stay in its current state for Nightmare.

Edited by Synavix

As Synavix said: if/when melee/tank gets targeted it does damage with one initial stack and is dispelled straight away. As damage and dispel is done the second it hits the target then boss you will not see the debuff icon.

Last time i checked logs it took 0.2 second for buff to be applied to a player, "fades from" this player and another 0.2 seconds later damage is done.

I have posted this on Dulfy comments for Corruptor Zero fight few days back so will repost here:

I just checked logs for our 4 attempts last night and it was applied three times in 2.5 minute fight.

a) Once went to healer that boss did force leap soon after to, so after second tick it dispelled

b) Second time went to melee - dispelled straight away as he was attacking boss at that time

c) Third time landed on our commando dps and was ticking whole raid for 9k of damage which caused us to wipe on that try

We didn't know about this new debuff on Live servers so this wiped us and as we only had like 20 minutes for few tries on him, i wasn't checking logs for damage received at that time.

So if your group is melee heavy, heave your healers close to boss and you got lucky with RNG it is possible not to see this debuff once during whole fight as its is applied and then dispelled within a second:

00:40:46.924 Corruptor Zero's Concussion Mine adds effect Concussion Mine to Maarik.

00:40:47.053 Corruptor Zero's Concussion Mine adds effect Concussion Mine to Maarik.

00:40:47.053 Corruptor Zero's Concussion Mine effect of Concussion Mine fades from Maarik.

00:40:47.420 Corruptor Zero's Concussion Mine hits Maarik for 713 kinetic damage, causing 713 threat.

Edited by Macio

We finally got a yellow response about this. :)

I wanted to be sure and post to let you know that we are aware that the the Concussion Mine debuff is not always removed as intended during the encounter with Corruptor Zero in Hard Mode. The fix for this is currently planned for Game Update 2.4.2. In the meantime, we'll get it on the Known Issues with the next update.

Thanks for your reports!

As far as I understand the response, it is intended that there are two types of Concussion Mines, but the debuffs that now just fill up the debuff bar should disappear by themselves after some time? :rak_02:

I'd hoped that they rather commented on the bug with Brontes since that is a game-breaking bug for certain comps, while this is just a display glitch. :(

Edited by Jerba

After seeing the fight first-hand again today, here's what I can tell:

1) Every time the boss casts the Concussion Mine, a random player will receive a Concussion Mine debuff with no number of stacks. You never receive a Concussion Mine without it being cast by the boss.

2) Sometimes, the debuff will directly afterwards change into the stackable debuff. Have your healers take a look at the group frame, and when one debuff suddenly has a "1" in it, call out the player so that he can walk into the boss. Otherwise, you can completely ignore this debuff.

You can have everyone stack onto the boss, because then the debuff will remove itself even before showing up as one stack, and players no longer need to walk into the boss. Note that this will not work for all comps, because your DPS may currently be off fighting the adds and cannot stand next to the boss, and if you have enough Freighter Flybys the majority of the adds is killed faster than you can move the boss.

Having said that, the intended behavior seems to be one of the following cases:

1) The debuff is supposed to change into the stackable debuff in all cases. This would encourage raid groups to always stack up at the boss, making the boss fight considerably harder since you can no longer ignore the melee/range phases of the boss and always need to pull the adds or boss on top of each other; otherwise your mDPS cannot damage the adds.

2) The debuffs that do not become stackable should automatically disappear by itself, maybe after doing some kind of damage. Based on the official response this seems to be the intended behavior, but it does not make too much sense to me.

In any case, I am looking forward to see how they change the encounter. By throwing out more stackable mines, they may buff the boss to the point where certain raid groups can no longer beat it, which kinda worries me. In that case, they probably have to nerf the damage from the Concussion Mine because an encounter is usually only nerfed after release, but never buffed.

Edited by Jerba