Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Inquisitor Set Bonus Feedback

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
Inquisitor Set Bonus Feedback
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Delani
06.21.2019 , 04:11 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
Ive used overload many times on opponents who happen to use a skill that prevents them from being knocked back, and therefore continue to attack me, so there are definitely common situations where the knockback (which btw is also directional) isnt very effective. This is a welcomed addition.
Thats why I always say, choice is key!!!!!
Some players want stun dr and some players may want a stronger knockback. Im aware that juggs have a 3 second immobilization immunity buff when they leap to players, so I often wait it out. But everyone fights differently and reacts to different situations differently, so 10% dmg reduct would help players who may not wait out their buff. It depends on the player. More options = better gameplay for all.

Elssha
06.21.2019 , 04:26 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
[*]Seething Power - Overload increases your damage reduction by 10% for 10 seconds. Getting attacked during this time causes your next Force attack to critically hit. This effect can only occur once every 10 seconds.

-eric
Please no... not on overload.

From a PvE tank (or I assume any DPS that has AoE/Dotspread) perspective, this is a terrible idea.

We do our best to *group* adds, and already have enough annoyance at the odd healer that takes the stupid overload heal utility.

PLEASE put this on Force Speed, or really ANYTHING that doesn't mess things up for the rest of the group (and while we're at it, take away KB heals, too, please ).

blackopsranger
06.21.2019 , 05:22 PM | #13
These set bonus are going to complicate things massively and to be honest "break the game." what we're looking at here "sounds cool" but will already result in massive class balance issues. This will cause much grief and players will likely bail until its fixed.

Now as this post is specific to inquisitors:
Force slow is rarely used. Having at as a madness perc is fail. Simply integrate its effects into death field.
"healing volts" healers shouldn't be damaging people under normal circumstances so this is a complete waste
"energized overload" fail because the knock back effect required to trigger this will break crowd control effects, and overall overload is rarely used in PVE

Overall to be honest, as someone who has played all specs for years, these are going to change the skill alignment of the game. Based upon what you are doing you should toss all of these and simply bring back skill trees. You are trying to artificially create healing dps or dpsing healers. If people wanted to play that they could have simply done so with the skill trees.
Star Forge: <Don't Tell Me What To Do> <Tragic Heroes>

kukumburr
06.21.2019 , 05:41 PM | #14

Decelerate - Force Slow now has 2 charges. Using Force Slow on an enemy already under the effect of Force Slow slows them by an additional 20% and extends the duration.
We don't need more cc.

Powered Electrocute - Electrocute's stun lasts an additional 2 seconds.
Will this increase the resolve it generates so it'll straight up white bar the target like the Powertech Enhanced Paralytics utility does? Because if it does then it's bad for PvP and pretty useless in PvE. But if it doesn't then it's OP (and super annoying) in PvP and still pretty useless in PvE. So basically this one is bad either way.

EmperorRus
06.21.2019 , 08:17 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by kukumburr View Post
We don't need more cc.
Good luck with kiting melee dps as Madness
#MakeSorcsGreatAgain #RemoveOperatives

FlameYOL
06.22.2019 , 08:47 AM | #16
As others have said I believe these are too PVP focused, so I don't see much point in wearing them for a PvE player.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

UghkoffR
06.22.2019 , 09:43 AM | #17
slowing down by force is not a particularly useful ability in PvE. Moreover, different bosses are immune to this, like all versions of electroshocks too. This ability will be just meaningless.

The problem with the sorcerer was in the absence of a protection ratio (he absorbs all damage in himself and therefore dies very quickly, which is in PvE, that in PvP) and catastrophically small damage for serious PvE. If you do not want to rebuild the sorcerer's ability, I would experiment with the ability to stack his debuffs (dots) to compensate his gap from the average.
May the force is serve you well !!

Akushii
06.22.2019 , 10:16 AM | #18
Hey folks,
  • Decelerate - Force Slow now has 2 charges. Using Force Slow on an enemy already under the effect of Force Slow slows them by an additional 20% and extends the duration.
  • Gyre - The cooldown of Whirlwind is reduced by 10 seconds. In addition, killing any enemy before Whirlwind ends resets the cooldown of Whirlwind.
  • Seething Power - Overload increases your damage reduction by 10% for 10 seconds. Getting attacked during this time causes your next Force attack to critically hit. This effect can only occur once every 10 seconds.
  • Powered Electrocute - Electrocute's stun lasts an additional 2 seconds.
I actually like these changes. Remember, not every set bonus has to be for you. Some of it will be for very niche gameplay. I see some people complaining that the Force Slow won't be useful in PvE, that's because that isn't for you. The force slow is for PvP. Similarly there are some set bonus will be useful in PvE and not so much in PvP or even in Open World.

The debate on Seething Power, overload increases damage reduction. I can see this being very useful in both PvE and PvP. I'll give some situations below.

PvP:
- Combined with electric binding. If you are fighting two players, one melee and one range. Use overload on the melee, that will knock him back and bind him for X seconds. Continue fighting the ranged player, now with 10% damage reduction for 10 seconds. Could be a situation where you might be able to kill of the ranged player if he was low on health, than kite and kill the melee player. Remember, the 10% damage reduction is from all sources, not only from the mob/person you knocked back.

PvE:
- Constantly use overload whenever there are AOE/splash damage in fights.
- EC: First boss, tank (double destruction), mines (knock back range adds)
- Dread Fortress: Use on first boss to reduce dot damage, Draxus: knock back subteroth for explosion, Grob'thok: Pipe Smash (wow), Corruptor Zero: ranged adds, Draxus: 6-finger phase, burn phase, etc.
- Dread Palace: Tyrans: whenver you get dot, Raptus: whenver, Council fight: kite Raptus, burn phase
- So much more, you get the idea.

This is basically a 10% damage reduction for 10 seconds on a 17ish second timer? This changes the overload ability to a partial defensive cooldown with the knockback just being a side effect. You don't even need a target, you can pop this for aoe damages, circles on ground and whatever and still get damage reduction. Not to mention the auto-crit that you are getting every 10ish seconds. For a base class set bonus, this is actually pretty good. Currently most classes have a set bonus with auto-crit on a 30 second to a minute timer, this is already an upgrade.

Delani
06.22.2019 , 11:34 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Akushii View Post
I actually like these changes. Remember, not every set bonus has to be for you. Some of it will be for very niche gameplay. I see some people complaining that the Force Slow won't be useful in PvE, that's because that isn't for you. The force slow is for PvP. Similarly there are some set bonus will be useful in PvE and not so much in PvP or even in Open World.

The debate on Seething Power, overload increases damage reduction. I can see this being very useful in both PvE and PvP. I'll give some situations below.

PvP:
- Combined with electric binding. If you are fighting two players, one melee and one range. Use overload on the melee, that will knock him back and bind him for X seconds. Continue fighting the ranged player, now with 10% damage reduction for 10 seconds. Could be a situation where you might be able to kill of the ranged player if he was low on health, than kite and kill the melee player. Remember, the 10% damage reduction is from all sources, not only from the mob/person you knocked back.

PvE:
- Constantly use overload whenever there are AOE/splash damage in fights.
- EC: First boss, tank (double destruction), mines (knock back range adds)
- Dread Fortress: Use on first boss to reduce dot damage, Draxus: knock back subteroth for explosion, Grob'thok: Pipe Smash (wow), Corruptor Zero: ranged adds, Draxus: 6-finger phase, burn phase, etc.
- Dread Palace: Tyrans: whenver you get dot, Raptus: whenver, Council fight: kite Raptus, burn phase
- So much more, you get the idea.

This is basically a 10% damage reduction for 10 seconds on a 17ish second timer? This changes the overload ability to a partial defensive cooldown with the knockback just being a side effect. You don't even need a target, you can pop this for aoe damages, circles on ground and whatever and still get damage reduction. Not to mention the auto-crit that you are getting every 10ish seconds. For a base class set bonus, this is actually pretty good. Currently most classes have a set bonus with auto-crit on a 30 second to a minute timer, this is already an upgrade.
Yea it can be usefull in both pve and pvp, i just think they should add another set bonus similar to that one but with the range increased.

omaan
06.23.2019 , 05:39 AM | #20
Hey folks,

Below you will find a tentative list of set bonuses that will be available to all Sith Inquisitors. These bonuses will likely have the high end of piece requirements, such as requiring 4 or 6 pieces. The smaller piece bonuses will be more passive in nature (stat benefits, etc). Please take a look and let us know your thoughts! As a note, if you are a Consular player, you can expect to see these set bonuses mirrored for you as well, they are still in process.

You may see bonuses which refer to charges. We are introducing new tech in Onslaught which will allow abilites to have multiple charges, meaning you can use them more then once (per charge) and the cooldown will simply add a charge up to the maximum.
  • Decelerate - Force Slow now has 2 charges. Using Force Slow on an enemy already under the effect of Force Slow slows them by an additional 20% and extends the duration.
  • Gyre - The cooldown of Whirlwind is reduced by 10 seconds. In addition, killing any enemy before Whirlwind ends resets the cooldown of Whirlwind.
  • Seething Power - Overload increases your damage reduction by 10% for 10 seconds. Getting attacked during this time causes your next Force attack to critically hit. This effect can only occur once every 10 seconds.
  • Powered Electrocute - Electrocute's stun lasts an additional 2 seconds.

-eric
Seething power should be removed from lightning sorcs. It is ok for dot sorcs but lightning sorcs already have tonnes of damage reductions and almost unkillable . Giving them additional 10% Dmg reduction is way too much. I would make this set bonus only for dot (madness) sorcs which lack defenses