Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Inquisitor Set Bonus Feedback

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
Inquisitor Set Bonus Feedback
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
06.20.2019 , 10:59 AM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey folks,

Below you will find a tentative list of set bonuses that will be available to all Sith Inquisitors. These bonuses will likely have the high end of piece requirements, such as requiring 4 or 6 pieces. The smaller piece bonuses will be more passive in nature (stat benefits, etc). Please take a look and let us know your thoughts! As a note, if you are a Consular player, you can expect to see these set bonuses mirrored for you as well, they are still in process.

You may see bonuses which refer to charges. We are introducing new tech in Onslaught which will allow abilites to have multiple charges, meaning you can use them more then once (per charge) and the cooldown will simply add a charge up to the maximum.
  • Decelerate - Force Slow now has 2 charges. Using Force Slow on an enemy already under the effect of Force Slow slows them by an additional 20% and extends the duration.
  • Gyre - The cooldown of Whirlwind is reduced by 10 seconds. In addition, killing any enemy before Whirlwind ends resets the cooldown of Whirlwind.
  • Seething Power - Overload increases your damage reduction by 10% for 10 seconds. Getting attacked during this time causes your next Force attack to critically hit. This effect can only occur once every 10 seconds.
  • Powered Electrocute - Electrocute's stun lasts an additional 2 seconds.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Jethsidi
06.21.2019 , 10:42 AM | #2
Genuinely all seem PvP-focused so not sure how much feedback I can give as someone who primarily does PvE Operations.

The Overload giving % Damage Reduction is just another DCD for Sin Tanks (saying this out of context as not sure what you have in store for the Tank bonuses), which seems a bit much because they already have the most DCD's in the game. (And arguably the BEST ones given Shroud gets its CD reduced via Shielding, and Force Speed is a 60% DMG Red on a ~15s CD...).

I will say I do like this new style you guys are going for with letting us see some of it beforehand so we can give initial feedback though! Very excited for 6.0!!
Don't ever learn how to tank.
They won't let you do anything else once they know you are good at it.

Lyriel
06.21.2019 , 11:28 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

Gyre - The cooldown of Whirlwind is reduced by 10 seconds. In addition, killing any enemy before Whirlwind ends resets the cooldown of Whirlwind.
So, if I understand this correctly, it works like so: I use Whirlwind on Mob A. We kill Mob B. Mob A still has whatever time remains on its Whirlwind, and I can Whirlwind an additional mob with a new timer. Two (or potentially more?) Whirlwinds from the same caster can be active at the same time. Or is there a limit to the number of times it can reset in a given window or be cast by the same character?
"I'm not a warrior, I'm a soldier. There's a difference. Warriors attack and conquer, they prey on the weak. Soldiers defend and protect the innocent—usually from warriors."
―Carth Onasi, hero of the Republic

Delani
06.21.2019 , 12:06 PM | #4
Are these all of the new changes? or just the ones that are going to be on the PTS?

Delani
06.21.2019 , 12:07 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

Below you will find a tentative list of set bonuses that will be available to all Sith Inquisitors. These bonuses will likely have the high end of piece requirements, such as requiring 4 or 6 pieces. The smaller piece bonuses will be more passive in nature (stat benefits, etc). Please take a look and let us know your thoughts! As a note, if you are a Consular player, you can expect to see these set bonuses mirrored for you as well, they are still in process.

You may see bonuses which refer to charges. We are introducing new tech in Onslaught which will allow abilites to have multiple charges, meaning you can use them more then once (per charge) and the cooldown will simply add a charge up to the maximum.
  • Decelerate - Force Slow now has 2 charges. Using Force Slow on an enemy already under the effect of Force Slow slows them by an additional 20% and extends the duration.
  • Gyre - The cooldown of Whirlwind is reduced by 10 seconds. In addition, killing any enemy before Whirlwind ends resets the cooldown of Whirlwind.
  • Seething Power - Overload increases your damage reduction by 10% for 10 seconds. Getting attacked during this time causes your next Force attack to critically hit. This effect can only occur once every 10 seconds.
  • Powered Electrocute - Electrocute's stun lasts an additional 2 seconds.

-eric
From a PVP standpoint, Knockbacks (Overload in this case) would be better if the range of the knockback was increased rather than adding dmg reduction. It has more effect. JS

DrakeVenku
06.21.2019 , 01:16 PM | #6
I actual like the Damage reduction a lot more. Specially in 1vs1 fights against Melees.
Verd ori'shya beskar'gam - Ein Krieger ist mehr als seine Rüstung.

Delani
06.21.2019 , 01:53 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by DrakeVenku View Post
I actual like the Damage reduction a lot more. Specially in 1vs1 fights against Melees.
So they should give us a choice, for those who want more kb range or those who want dmg reduct

Delani
06.21.2019 , 02:01 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by DrakeVenku View Post
I dont know about you but, I use overload to knock the enemies away and to create distance from me and my enemy. Offering DMG reduction kind of reduces the effect of the knockback because it alters the purpose of it. Instead of overload they should have said, electrocute or an ability from our default rotation. Then this set bonus would make more sense, atleast in my opinion. But if they were to increase the meters from 15 to 30, then that would make the knockback much more effective and allow people to create a greater distance, than they were originally trying to create.

catsi
06.21.2019 , 02:02 PM | #9
Any chances Sorces or sages will ever get the channeled force storm power where as you channel it thesorc/sagre throws umptten rocks at a target

or in assassin/shadows case they get the channeled aoe spin attack?
Ana Tathis 70 JK, Serraphin 70 COM/VG, Naashasa 70 Sage, Calliann, 70 GS, Kae'ra 70JK, Phyera 70 Sage
Rhea-hawk 70 PT, Gaa'ra 70 Mara, Fio'on 70 AS/Sorc , Mirri'elle 70 OP, Narayssa 70 Jug

olagatonjedi
06.21.2019 , 03:06 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Delani View Post
I dont know about you but, I use overload to knock the enemies away and to create distance from me and my enemy. Offering DMG reduction kind of reduces the effect of the knockback because it alters the purpose of it. Instead of overload they should have said, electrocute or an ability from our default rotation. Then this set bonus would make more sense, atleast in my opinion. But if they were to increase the meters from 15 to 30, then that would make the knockback much more effective and allow people to create a greater distance, than they were originally trying to create.
Ive used overload many times on opponents who happen to use a skill that prevents them from being knocked back, and therefore continue to attack me, so there are definitely common situations where the knockback (which btw is also directional) isnt very effective. This is a welcomed addition.