Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sorcerer Ability, Tactical Item, and Set Bonus Feedback

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
Sorcerer Ability, Tactical Item, and Set Bonus Feedback
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

omaan
06.23.2019 , 03:22 AM | #31
Ruthless demolition for madness looks too overpowered. 20% last tick buff + instant force leech is a damn damage buff. + the new ability is indeed too much for both lightning and dot spec. One additional burst ability will make this class too overpowered

EmperorRus
06.23.2019 , 04:27 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by omaan View Post
One additional burst ability will make this class too overpowered
Woah, woah, calm down mara

Quote:
20% initial tick buff + instant force leech is a damn damage buff.
Squishy and bursty. "Glass cannon" in other words.
#MakeSorcsGreatAgain #RemoveOperatives

Sameliotsith
06.23.2019 , 04:45 AM | #33
I think this is all very interesting. But perhaps I misunderstood the purpose of Tactical Items. I thought a Tactical Item would actually alter or enhance a class's certain ability. For instance, I would like the option for a player to greatly increase the damage of their basic attacks/abilities. But like I said, I think I may have misunderstood the purpose of Tactical Items in the first place. Anyway, I think the added bonuses should be a lot of fun regardless of the outcome.

Mephesh
06.23.2019 , 06:41 AM | #34
Man, those Tactical Items and Set Bonuses are weak.

If you add something new, please make it have an impact on the playstyle.

Maybe if you fuse all those bonuses into 1 item it would be able to make a difference.

This way, 1 bonus changes 1 little thing about 1 skill.
I am not impressed.

meddani
06.23.2019 , 07:09 AM | #35
wait i just realized you basically need 3 armor sets if you want to play all 3 specs, lol.
edit: i hope gearing is easier with 6.0 , not this garbage we have now.

ceazare
06.23.2019 , 01:06 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
  • Energized Overload - Overload energizes you. Volt Rush deals more damage when you are under the Energize effect.
  • Gathering Storm - Activating Force Speed reduces the cooldown of Polairty Shift by 5 seconds. Using Polarity Shift immediately after extends its duration.
I would be careful with adding additional effects to situational abilities (and slows to rotational abilities, but that's a different matter). Especially the Overload idea, for reasons already specified by others. There are better suited abilties Sorcerers have where you could add effects to; Consuming Darkness and Saber Strike.
Consuming Darkness is nearly useless for both dps specs, but since it doesn't have a global cooldown, an internal cooldown on the effects would have to be added.
Saber Strike is completely useless to the advanced class. Now would be the perfect chance to redesign it. There are plenty of options (not necessarily relating to the quoted effects), but I'll just give a few ideas. Saber Strike becomes a conal attack (probably not what the class needs, but neither is a weak melee attack). Or it is redesigned to make the saber float around the force user and deflect/reflect x amount of attacks or x% of attacks for the next y seconds, or giving x% alacrity buff on damage taken. Or just some plain damage reduction if you want to be boring. Of course, the ability would need a cooldown and balancing. Perhaps even taking it off global cooldown, depending on the use. Personally I don't pay much attention to animations; for all I care you can wave the lightsaber like a magic wand and get the Energized Overload effect. Still better than getting it with the actual Overload.
Pelara <Titans>
The Red Eclipse

forcedpolitics
06.24.2019 , 07:35 AM | #37
"Dark Cleanse" --- This show's me you actually have people who play the game properly making these new abilities. Anyone who doesn't think this is an awesomely powerful utility doesn't actually main sorc/sage heals with precision.

Please keep this ability.

EmperorRus
06.25.2019 , 04:32 AM | #38
Writhing Terror - Creeping Terror has a 10% chance to tick an additional time whenever Force Lightning deals damage.
Too weak. So if I understand correctly, your goal is get rid of Lightning Strike?

I suggest this:

"Writhing Terror now increases Force Lightning damage by 25% to targets affected by the player’s Creeping Terror.
In addition, Creeping Terror has a 20% chance to tick an additional time whenever Force Lightning deals damage."

I wish there was a Set Bonus or Tactical that had a specific effect or modified a specific ability not listed
As I said before I would like to see DoT spread being removed and in turn single-target DPS boosted.
#MakeSorcsGreatAgain #RemoveOperatives

omaan
06.25.2019 , 06:53 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by kukumburr View Post
So bubble stun (3s cc) -> less than 12s of hitting the sorc (assuming healer with the 15s deionize) -> bubble stun -> unnatural preservation -> bubble stun (6s of cc) -> less than 12s of hitting the sorc -> bubble stun (3s cc)-> less than 12s of hitting the sorc -> bubble stun -> unnatural preservation -> bubble stun (6s of cc)? Please no.

Bubble stun only gives 300 resolve so it can hit 4 times in a row before you're white barred. Or twice + hard stun or whirlwind. So basically every 30ish seconds you can get hit with a 10-14s stun chain.

Can we either adjust how resolve works or stop adding more slows and stuns to the game? Please?

Again, either adjust resolve or stop adding more slows/stuns. It's not fun!
Thats an important point. Stun bubble utility was invented without considering deionize could be removed and with this new way of removing deionize stun bubble will become pretty op overpowered since it will cc anyone around too much considering low resolve points this stun provides.

Rion_Starkiller
06.25.2019 , 11:45 AM | #40
[*]Writhing Terror - Creeping Terror has a 10% chance to tick an additional time whenever Force Lightning deals damage.
All of them seem pretty good to me, except this one. 10% vs a single target? Meh.
-Beruhl
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Lies have been corrected.