Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Assassin Ability, Tactical Item, and Set Bonus Feedback

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
Assassin Ability, Tactical Item, and Set Bonus Feedback
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JonnAndCo
06.23.2019 , 05:12 PM | #41
I play and understand the Merc, I also have read old threads on this forum in which players discuss their opinions (nostly negative) of Tracer Missile.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=121548 P.S. I understand this thread is old, but not as old as my Merc which I created at launch and has seen all the various changes including the addition of Priming Shot which helped alleviate some of the friction around Tracer Missile.

Hence my example, I am giving a positive alternative that certain players (such as myself) would find attractive in a Tactical. (making Tracer Missile instant would also increase it's dmg by 33% so that might need to be taken into consideration)

Back on topic, my reason for highlighting "Hungering Blade" was to show that it actually meets my expectations for a tactical and explains why - feedback which I hope they find useful.

Rion_Starkiller
06.25.2019 , 11:51 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
[*]Thrashing Terror - Creeping Terror has a 10% chance to tick an additional time whenever Thrash deals damage.
Looking good except for this 10%. Not sure how much extra dps it will be -- except in someone's long parse on an ops boss/dummy.
-Beruhl
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Lies have been corrected.

Delani
06.27.2019 , 08:58 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by omaan View Post
Deception assassin's tactical items and set bonuses are utterly trash. Killing an enemy with overload saber renews it? How it will help assassin with problem of surviving and doing damage because now it is one of the most useless classes due to its low defenses and mediocre dps.
Yea there low defenses is why the class is suffering. All they need to so is add a dash ability (all dmg and stuns are immuned during the duration) with a cooldown of 5 seconds and they would be fine. tweaking the numbers doesnt change/define the gameplay.

Kalibath
06.27.2019 , 09:16 AM | #44
Not that it will ever happen just an observation but why has no one found a way to divide pvp and pve abilities yet. It seems every time we get a broken class fixed for pve someone comes in whining about pvp and it gets broken to the point it cant be used for pve progression. It seems everyone's lives would be easier if there way a way to change the abilities nature when you go pvp vs pve. IE x has 10s cooldown pve then when pvp is applied changes to 6s cooldown
Kalidath, Kalminda, Kalkatia, Krystikal, Xanthem, Shebah
Depraved Indifference / Pandamonium

HaoZhao
06.27.2019 , 10:51 AM | #45
[*]Shrouding Guard - Force Shroud also applies to any ally you are guarding.
You understand that this will break the game in both PVP and PVE, right? Imagine a player who is about to take a big hit in an operation boss fight. Now you can just pass guard to him, and let him avoid the hit, completely. Likewise, in PVP, it will be impossible to quickly focus anyone down unless all assassins in the fight are in CC or dead. Force shroud is also on a relatively small 1 minute cooldown (even less for tanks). Consider again that with the right utility, assassins get a second force shroud after using force cloak. With another utility, force cloak is on a 75 second cooldown.

Please ask the combat team to reconsider. This ability is nonsense. Consider changing it to allow you to use force shroud while stunned. That would be significantly less powerful than what is being proposed here and it will address long standing concerns about assassins being squishy.

Delani
06.27.2019 , 12:10 PM | #46
Let's use Phantom Stride from the tactical above as an example. The Shadow Step Tactical would give it two charges, so it would work like this. Assuming nothing changes and it maintains its current 30s cooldown. You haven't used it yet and so it has two charges.

You activate Phantom Stride, the ability moves from 2 charges to 1. Behind the scenes a 30 second recharge timer starts. Meaning, 30 seconds later Phantom Stride will regain a charge. During this time, Phantom Stride is still usable as you still have another charge.

If after activating the first Phantom Stride, you decide to activate it again right away, you will no longer have any charges left and the ability will be on cooldown until a charge comes back. Basically ability charges means the amount of times you can use an ability before it is unavailable. It remains unavailable until you regenerate a charge.

-eric
Since you guys are adding this charge system can you also include two cloak outs? that way if people get caught out of stealth when they just used cloak out, they can get another one as a failsafe

TheDramaKing
06.28.2019 , 12:08 PM | #47
Can someone please explain me what kind of game are people at Bioware playing?
Because apparently Marauders damage was so low that they are getting huge damage boosts, but Assassins just some insignificant stuff.

Hello?? Is someone still sane here??

4 charges of +25% dmg on top of all the rest?
I can't wait have my sin getting outperformed in damage, mobility and survivability by a marauder/jugg that now will probably come close to global me in a single burst rotation.

Just spectacular, really!

Delani
06.28.2019 , 12:21 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by TheDramaKing View Post
No set bonus/tactical item mentions Force Cloak nor skills linked to it.

Now, can someone please explain me what kind of games is people at Bioware playing? Because apparently Marauders damage was so low that they are getting huge damage boosts, but Assassins just some insignificant stuff.
Hello?? Is someone still sane here??
4 charges of +25% dmg?
I can't wait have my sin getting globalled in a single burst rotation.
Yea that uber charge ability along with their extra dmg buffs is kinda insane. Need some actual PvPer player feedback here. Inquistors are going to lack the mobility needed for this new meta.

DzastinBiberi
06.29.2019 , 07:51 AM | #49
DPS sins lack everything compared to mara's atm.

TrixxieTriss
06.29.2019 , 10:15 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Kalibath View Post
Not that it will ever happen just an observation but why has no one found a way to divide pvp and pve abilities yet. It seems every time we get a broken class fixed for pve someone comes in whining about pvp and it gets broken to the point it cant be used for pve progression. It seems everyone's lives would be easier if there way a way to change the abilities nature when you go pvp vs pve. IE x has 10s cooldown pve then when pvp is applied changes to 6s cooldown
Yeah, how about a PVP only tactical socket as well as a PVE only tactical socket. Have two sockets instead of the planned one.
The pve one when filled could boost all damage, protection and healing output by 10% while in a pve environment.
Or even a specific utility tree for Pvp and you would switch to it automatically when entering a pvp instance map or WZ.