Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class-specific post-story stuff: How do YOU feel?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Class-specific post-story stuff: How do YOU feel?

HollyUSEC
04.15.2018 , 08:13 PM | #1
This is not a complaint nor a criticism, because I know that this is the way things are and they're not going to change. That being said, I'm wondering what the general sentiment toward it is, and maybe find out a little bit of why.

I'm talking about the need to finish the KOTFE/KOTET storyline for each individual character for any post-story rewards such as companion returns or any other possible rewards that require finishing the story.

I'm interested in how many unconditionally support this, how many are moderates or indifferent, and how many are opposed.

I know one of the most common arguments in favor of the system is, “You need to earn it.” My question regarding that argument is, Isn't that a RP-based argument? Is there anything different about finishing the story multiple times, for each individual character that qualifies for any post-story content or rewards? Reputation is legacy-wide. Most all gear is bind to legacy. Even bind to character armorings, mods and enhancements can be sent to other characters on the legacy by placing them in legacy-wide armor pieces. Indeed, entire set bonuses can be swapped between “mirror characters” (Trooper ↔ Bounty Hunter, Jedi Knight ↔ Sith Warrior, etc.) thic way. So I'm interested in why someone would think I didn't “earn” a Smuggler or Sith Inquisitor reward if I finished the story content on my Imperial Agent, for example.

I also know that a hell of a lot of people hated the entire KOTFE/KOTET story arc. A lot of people are probably reading my post and are unable to comment on it because they canceled subscriptions out of anger and frustration. Based on that, what is general sentiment at being required to such hated content, multiple times to collect class-specific post-story rewards or content? Even just a returning companion?

I know that things are not going to change and so I'm not going to kvetch and moan about it. But I was hoping that maybe, a few people can have a civilized discussion about it without it degenerating into a flame war. I know this has probably been discussed before, but I also know the general feeling about “necro'ing” threads even as recent as two weeks old, so I'm posting fresh in hopes of a few civilized inputs before it goes stale.
W T F = F T W spelled backward.

rachetsw
04.15.2018 , 08:39 PM | #2
Personally I could leave it alone on every one of my characters, except my bounty hunter, because doing KotFE/KotET is where you get Theron, and all his romance scenes.

I took one SW through, and I won't do another, because I don't want another broken Quinn. I much prefer Malavai Quinn.
Proud Quinnmancer Proud Theronmancer

annabethchase
04.15.2018 , 08:45 PM | #3
6.0 needs to be a fresh start. 4.0 and 5.0 should have no impact on the future. Just like every other expansion didn't require the previous expansion to be completed.
Thinking about subbing? Use this link to help us both out http://www.swtor.com/r/3txb7F

MikeCobalt
04.15.2018 , 09:23 PM | #4
I really *Hope...6.0 is a Fresh Start and any character can start there. I've only taken 1 through the KotXX stories and most likely wont any others; hopefully my few others can jump in at 6.0 and all my characters will have "Something to do". For quite a while now my others have stopped at Ziost. Maybe that'll end soon .

docbenwayddo
04.15.2018 , 11:25 PM | #5
Future content needs a "No way in hell did this character or crew have anything remotely to do with anything KotFE/ET related." option. If it doesn't have one it might as well not exist as inflicting KotFE/ET on any character sucks it completely dry of personality and fun.

Ardrossan
04.16.2018 , 12:18 AM | #6
I'm planning on taking all eight classes through it, for the achievement and the bits of class-related story mentioned. No more than eight though - I'm an altaholic, but I have limits when it comes to the post-vanilla story.
Quote: Originally Posted by kodrac View Post
Best to stay off the forums.

JattaGin
04.16.2018 , 03:47 AM | #7
I feel very unhappy that I have to get my chars through all the content in order to get old companions back. I would much prefer it if KotFE's chapter 9 and the Yuun-mission would suffice to trigger all returns of original companions.

Of my eight "generation 1" chars, I had brought my trooper, knight and warrior through KotET and the 2017-updates. In January, I forced my smuggler through KotET and the 2017-stuff, because I wanted Risha back. It was a chore.

My agent, consular and inquisitor are waiting at chapter one of KotET and I cannot force myself to play them further. Just thinking about the walker on Voss and the autoplay of the chapters makes me turn off the game. This is particularly annoying, because the inquisitor got a couple of returns which I cannot get now.

My hunter hasn't started KotFE yet. I guess I would need some heavy medication to get myself into the mood to get him through all the chapters. I shiver just thinking about it. And those 2017-flashpoints on top... oh boy...
Bioware offers a friend referal system which gives referred players a couple of goodies (incl. 7 free days of sub and a neat free inventory slot for every character) and referring players some little shinies and cartel coins.
I would be happy if you choose my referral link to grab your free goodies.

Ardrossan
04.16.2018 , 07:41 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by JattaGin View Post
Just thinking about the walker on Voss and the autoplay of the chapters makes me turn off the game...I shiver just thinking about it. And those 2017-flashpoints on top... oh boy...
I don't mind the walker. Anarchy in Paradise, otoh...And many of the alliance alerts from KotFE. As for the FPs, I just finished KOTET on my agent and...I'd rather not do CoU but it's the only way to get Temple back for the next FP.
Quote: Originally Posted by kodrac View Post
Best to stay off the forums.

ImmortalLowlife
04.16.2018 , 07:59 AM | #9
Considering how poorly the returns that didn't happen in a chapter of KOTFE....(including the alerts which while some were enjoyable, ALL were tarnished imo with the mute player character) I'm not in a rush to play specific characters through everything to get them. The returns of Elara, Risha, and Ashara were the most basic, uninteresting, anticlimactic, and poorly implemented "story" elements I've ever experienced in this game. And it's sad because I KNOW they're better storytellers than THIS.

So yea.... my thoughts ....I think the class specific companion returns need a LOT of work, and BW needs to seriously step their storytelling game up if they plan on continuing. Because based on the ones we've gotten so far, I have NO CONFIDENCE that the returns of characters like Kira, Scourge, or Jaessa will be any good.
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

And you already know...Click HERE for free stuff!!!

casirabit
04.16.2018 , 08:12 AM | #10
To me it needs to be both

(1) For those of us that have taken our characters through both expansions, there should be a reference to that or a specific type of story line where it is acknowledge. For those of us that are ruling Zakuul it would need to be referenced for that to make sense.

(2) For those that haven't then there should be no reference.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj