Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Additional Companions Suggestion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Additional Companions Suggestion

ThomasStarWars
04.13.2018 , 08:23 PM | #11
Darth Malgus companion for finding his carbonite body easter egg on Nathema in one of Valkorions vaults.

gamephil
04.13.2018 , 08:32 PM | #12
I would much prefer to not tie the use of this to whether the character lived. It already isn't, so I see no reason for it to happen if they expand it in this way. Especially with Vaylin.

Elessara
04.13.2018 , 08:56 PM | #13
Story should always be relevant in a story driven game and honestly that's what SWTOR is, even given the dearth of story we've been given lately. I mean, this is why people who kill Arcann and Senya don't get them as companions, right? Yes, I know the companion terminal, but that was a compromise for people who had raised the affection/influence on certain companions and weren't expecting to have them removed. Personally I dislike the idea of the companion terminal and won't use it but I understand the reasons for it. But then, people who kill Arcann and Senya can't get them from the terminal, right?

And, sorry about that Paul, I didn't mean to get that other guy all het up about Jaxo. I don't even dislike that character (played female troopers and always had a vague affection for Jaxo) and I felt that entire story felt forced simply for "teh dramas".

Aebrynis
04.13.2018 , 08:59 PM | #14
If someone wants Vaylin as a companion, knock yourself out. I'll pass, thanks.

However...

*Watcher One (Jedi Knight storyline) is someone I'd like to have along.

*Ki Sazen (Agent storyline) would be fun, and she's got way more personality than most.

*Celvanta Grathan (Warrior storyline) would be amusing.

*Some of Vette's twi'lek friends/relatives would make good tag-alongs.

*"The Menace" (Agent storyline) would...

Spoiler

Lots of interesting possibilities.

Paulsutherland
04.13.2018 , 09:01 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Elessara View Post
But then, people who kill Arcann and Senya can't get them from the terminal, right?

And, sorry about that Paul, I didn't mean to get that other guy all het up about Jaxo. I don't even dislike that character (played female troopers and always had a vague affection for Jaxo) and I felt that entire story felt forced simply for "teh dramas".
You can with Senya, never got far enough into the DS plot to find out if you can or not with Arcann.

Don't worry about it, opinions from both sides are welcome.

Busy at the moment, I'll update the list in a moment.

gamephil
04.13.2018 , 09:07 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Elessara View Post
Story should always be relevant in a story driven game and honestly that's what SWTOR is, even given the dearth of story we've been given lately. .
The story that they want to tell has not been relevant to me since KotET ended. I'd simply like the tools to be able to tell my own at this point. This is why I like the idea that Paul has presented, as he has presented it.

Eshvara
04.13.2018 , 09:21 PM | #17
Yes please! Some pretty good suggestions here.
#Arcannite
||Refer a friend🙋|| The wheel... spins... again.
💫Darth Malgus💫

gamephil
04.13.2018 , 09:32 PM | #18
Going to link from other sources. Did you mention that the Favorites would also affect companion missions? Have a setting for only a chosen eight characters show up on that list, for example. I may have missed it.

BlueShiftRecall
04.13.2018 , 09:39 PM | #19
Sanju Pyne from the IA story on Balmorra. Always wished he had tagged along and we could train him up as a better Agent so then we could have had both him and Temple as our trainee's, he could have been a LI to.

Also all my +1's to Lord Cytharat and Jonas would love to see them again.
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkelefantos View Post
BTW, it's really hard not to read your name as Blue****tRecall.
Supporter Of: Purple Twi'leks (Since 2015) and More Miraluka Masks

Paulsutherland
04.13.2018 , 10:01 PM | #20
Added: Watcher One, Malgus, Ona Querit (The Menace) & Sanju Pyne.

(I don't know the names of Vette's friends ... were they the ones from her loyalty mission?)

Quote: Originally Posted by gamephil View Post
Going to link from other sources. Did you mention that the Favorites would also affect companion missions? Have a setting for only a chosen eight characters show up on that list, for example. I may have missed it.
I'm not sure what you mean? effect it how?