Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

JC gets the boot again. Why?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
JC gets the boot again. Why?

Tashia
04.07.2018 , 05:10 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
As a knight I've gotten T7 and Rusk. No doc, kira, or scourge. Especially scourge who would have been a perfect fit for the bloody emperor story.
Yep JK has gotten the boot too --- we don't like it either .....
but yes, I do feel for our JC bothers and sisters
Everquest to Star Wars Old Republic .....
from Swords and Shields to Blasters and Rockets .......

juliushorst
04.07.2018 , 05:15 PM | #22
I would really like my Inquisitor to get Khem-Zash (if they can ignore LS Jaesa, why can't they ignore cleansed Khem)?

SithKoriandr
04.07.2018 , 06:00 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Ghost_Spectre View Post
From another point of view, it is precisely for those reasons they were not involved. I'm of the opinion they were susceptible to the manipulation of the Emperor because of their involvement as his Wrath and a Child of the Emperor.

On Ziost, we know the Emperor could control even the strongest of the Jedi, how would Scourge or Kira be able not to succumb to his controlling powers when he knew everything about them including their weaknesses? That's the only reasonable explanation I can offer for why they were not involved during the story.
They didn't get possessed when used on Ziost.
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

Dracofish
04.07.2018 , 07:14 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Ghost_Spectre View Post

On Ziost, we know the Emperor could control even the strongest of the Jedi, how would Scourge or Kira be able not to succumb to his controlling powers when he knew everything about them including their weaknesses? That's the only reasonable explanation I can offer for why they were not involved during the story.
Yet Theron had his miracle plot armor through that whole debacle.
Me on Ao3! MelissaGT

Aeristash
04.07.2018 , 07:43 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Loadsamonie View Post
It really makes me sad that Doc of all people, one of the most beloved companions in the game, a player favorite, has absolutely nothing planned for his eventual return as of yet.

So I guess I'll make do with Leyta for now.
The midwestern ladie's man? I'll be all too happy to never hear 'ol doc's' cringe worthy one liners ever again.

Loadsamonie
04.07.2018 , 07:47 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Aeristash View Post
The midwestern ladie's man? I'll be all too happy to never hear 'ol doc's' cringe worthy one liners ever again.
Bog off with that. He's the closest thing we have to a pocket Han Solo in SWToR. Nobody else has his charm.

JennyFlynn
04.07.2018 , 07:56 PM | #27
Bog off with that. He's the closest thing we have to a pocket Han Solo in SWToR. Nobody else has his charm.
Bruce Campbell does, who I still believe was an inspiration for Doc. Also a big reason I enjoy Doc but he's not much of a favorite otherwise. Not to me at least.
--------{---({@ Defiant Devotion | | Defying Destiny @}}>---}-------

Aeristash
04.07.2018 , 08:13 PM | #28
Doc? What about Andronikos? He seems a closer fit with the snarky hot & cold rogue pirate lover thing hes got going for him.

Loadsamonie
04.07.2018 , 08:31 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Aeristash View Post
Doc? What about Andronikos? He seems a closer fit with the snarky hot & cold rogue pirate lover thing hes got going for him.
But he's not a flirt like Doc, nor does he like playing the dashing hero.

AlrikFassbauer
04.08.2018 , 04:19 AM | #30
Is it still true that there have come more imp side companions back than rep side companions ? I've lost the overview ...
Complex minds
will create
Complex problems.