Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

KotFE, KotET and Romance

jedimasterkiwi
08.06.2017 , 11:22 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by vadess View Post
Are ladies really that desperate for a male force user romance, you'll go for the man that locked their characters away for 5 years, tried to kill them numerous times, nearly destroyed the galaxy and everything they worked for?

Yet Quinn 'betrays' them once, and he ends up dying violently for it over 1/2 a decade after the fact?

Surely there are better options out there.
I think Arcann would be a good romance option as would Vaylin (though I dont know how they would incorporate it) both very dark characters, twisted romances are complex can be interesting and more fun. Not a big fan of boot licker Quinn, dont know why you want to romance him haha though as warrior companions go they dont have very good male romance options imo (some of the best females though).
Ya boi Jedimasterkiwi
Refer a Friend Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/Hv7s8q
Gives you some goodies and 7 days FREE subscription for new players and returning subscribers, so its a win-win

Ylliarus
08.06.2017 , 01:28 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by vadess View Post
Are ladies really that desperate for a male force user romance, you'll go for the man that locked their characters away for 5 years, tried to kill them numerous times, nearly destroyed the galaxy and everything they worked for?

Yet Quinn 'betrays' them once, and he ends up dying violently for it over 1/2 a decade after the fact?

Surely there are better options out there.
It's not only the ladies that would want a male force user romance well, at the moment I don't have another option available. Lord Cytherat is a possibility but he has been killed in some people's playthroughs. Lord Scourge only really has a connection with the Jedi Knight, so you'd only limit it to a female Jedi Knight and exclude other classes unless you'd devise a damn good narrative around it. Other male force users don't spring to mind and from Charles' replies in a thread about this subject I doubt Bioware would put making a new character over returning old ones at this point in time. So Arcann really is the only suitable character at the moment.
ATTENTION: Include the Twi'lek into the 3 new eye colours from Appearance Options: Expanded Selections in the next patch. It was a huge mistake to not do this from the start as they are being grossly neglected as a playable species.
Oh yeah, and this is my referral link!

IoNonSoEVero
08.06.2017 , 01:58 PM | #13
What about Novo? He's the Knight of Zakuul (so, a Force user) that gets away in Chapter 3 of KOTFE (when you have the option to let Lana kill another Knight, or let him go), and he comes back later and has an interesting bit of interaction with the Outlander. Depending on how you go in your second encounter with him, there can be an opening for future interaction. So there's a Force-using male character that has a history with the Outlander regardless of their class. No, he's not alive in everyone's playthrough, but neither is Arcann.

IMHO they *could* make Scourge a possible LI for everyone, if they wrote it correctly. And they could have Lord C. come back, although that would only be a love interest for male characters.

I really don't understand how anyone would want to romance Arcann or Quinn after The Incident - someone who tries to kill you and hurt your loved ones is abusive, and Arcann is a genocidal despot, and it just seems off to me. But then again there are millions of women who loved Edward from Twilight and Christian Gray, too.

vadess
08.06.2017 , 02:04 PM | #14
Said ladies because it seems they're the only ones vocal about wanting Arcann, and I think you didn't include mlm fans in the OP.

Hopefully, the writers can give a male force user romance that hasn't tried to kill everybody, including them.

And if Cythrarat comes back, he should stay gay. Bad enough he fell victim to "bury your gays" trope, he doesn't need his sexuality to be rewritten too.

Ylliarus
08.06.2017 , 02:13 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by IoNonSoEVero View Post
What about Novo? He's the Knight of Zakuul (so, a Force user) that gets away in Chapter 3 of KOTFE (when you have the option to let Lana kill another Knight, or let him go), and he comes back later and has an interesting bit of interaction with the Outlander. Depending on how you go in your second encounter with him, there can be an opening for future interaction. So there's a Force-using male character that has a history with the Outlander regardless of their class. No, he's not alive in everyone's playthrough, but neither is Arcann.

IMHO they *could* make Scourge a possible LI for everyone, if they wrote it correctly, too. And they could have Lord C. come back, although that would only be a love interest for male characters.

I really don't understand how anyone would want to romance Arcann or Quinn after The Incident - someone who tries to kill you and hurt your loved ones is abusive, and Arcann is a genocidal despot, and it just seems off to me. But then again there are millions of women who loved Edward from Twilight and Christian Gray, too.
Novo is a very interesting character that could be indeed a romance option. The problem with him however is that in some people's playthroughs he is dead and in others not. That shouldn't stop him from becoming a romance option of course, so when thinking along those lines then indeed Cytherat could become a romance option upon his return (but from what we know thus far he only likes men). But Novo is an interesting suggestion, indeed, I had forgotten about him. A Knight of Zakuul would be a curious romance to see unfold, especially since the Outlander is the big bad scary being that Zakuulans tell one another wants to destroy them, so it would give interesting interactions.
ATTENTION: Include the Twi'lek into the 3 new eye colours from Appearance Options: Expanded Selections in the next patch. It was a huge mistake to not do this from the start as they are being grossly neglected as a playable species.

IoNonSoEVero
08.06.2017 , 02:30 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Ylliarus View Post
Novo is a very interesting character that could be indeed a romance option. The problem with him however is that in some people's playthroughs he is dead and in others not. That shouldn't stop him from becoming a romance option of course, so when thinking along those lines then indeed Cytherat could become a romance option upon his return (but from what we know thus far he only likes men). But Novo is an interesting suggestion, indeed, I had forgotten about him. A Knight of Zakuul would be a curious romance to see unfold, especially since the Outlander is the big bad scary being that Zakuulans tell one another wants to destroy them, so it would give interesting interactions.
Definitely - I think in some ways it could even be more intriguing than a Jedi-Sith cross romance. The Jedi and Sith don't like each other, but the Knights have been told to go after the Outlander specifically - it's personal. And depending on the choices the Outlander has made, Novo has perhaps mixed messages about them, and that can make for an even more interesting romance storyline.

They could possibly get around the issue of Novo being dead in some play throughs by creating another Knight from the same template to be the love interest - given that there are a squillion Knights and Horizon guards still floating around Zakuul, it's not unreasonable that there could be a male Knight who takes a positive interest in the Outlander or finds their way to the Alliance somehow. It would be a way to create a new character without too much legwork...

Ylliarus
08.06.2017 , 03:04 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by IoNonSoEVero View Post
Definitely - I think in some ways it could even be more intriguing than a Jedi-Sith cross romance. The Jedi and Sith don't like each other, but the Knights have been told to go after the Outlander specifically - it's personal. And depending on the choices the Outlander has made, Novo has perhaps mixed messages about them, and that can make for an even more interesting romance storyline.

They could possibly get around the issue of Novo being dead in some play throughs by creating another Knight from the same template to be the love interest - given that there are a squillion Knights and Horizon guards still floating around Zakuul, it's not unreasonable that there could be a male Knight who takes a positive interest in the Outlander or finds their way to the Alliance somehow. It would be a way to create a new character without too much legwork...
You know, y'all turned me into a big support of this I think Novo would be a great character to have as a romance option. Like Acina he could be given a slightly more unique look to really give him that high-res appearance. An interesting thing to add is that we, based on our own faction and alignment, could push him to either the Dark Side or the Light, so that he won't be a static personality but for each person will be different. The influence system from the KOTOR 2 game could be slightly tied to it, where you companions' alignment also was based on the Exile's.

IoNonSoEVero
08.06.2017 , 03:34 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by jedimasterkiwi View Post
Mhmm maybe I have overlooked or missed that option, its been a while since ive have played that storyline . Thanks for the clarification though!
When you make the choices in conversation to rekindle the romance with your old companion, you should get one of those warning boxes, ie, 'you are about to restart your romance with (old companion), this will end any other romances you have...' You should also get a cut scene where Lana, Koth or Theron breaks up with you.

IoNonSoEVero
08.06.2017 , 03:38 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Ylliarus View Post
You know, y'all turned me into a big support of this I think Novo would be a great character to have as a romance option. Like Acina he could be given a slightly more unique look to really give him that high-res appearance. An interesting thing to add is that we, based on our own faction and alignment, could push him to either the Dark Side or the Light, so that he won't be a static personality but for each person will be different. The influence system from the KOTOR 2 game could be slightly tied to it, where you companions' alignment also was based on the Exile's.
They could really do a lot with this, and develop Novo in some very interesting ways. He's got a totally different take on the Force than the Outlander and the people the Outlander is around. They've already done the Dark/Light companion switch with Jaesa, so that is possible, and some of the characters in KOTFE do react to the Outlander's alignment (I replayed KOTFE Chapter 3 with my SW aligned to the Light Side, and was amazed that Lana said different things to her here and there), so the mechanics are in place to make that happen.

Ralei
08.06.2017 , 04:10 PM | #20
I thought the Lana and Theron romances were pretty well done, Lana probably the best since she actually rescues you. Theron's getting his share of the story, now, on Iokath and I'm glad. They write him as so lovable. *heart eyes*

But really, this game isn't a dating sim and people left the first go around because of lack of end game group content and pvp, they didn't stay because they got to marry Mako. I'm all for more cute kissy scenes with my bae, but I feel like you have to be realistic in your expectations. I don't think it makes any sense for them to go back and add more to Kotfeet. The saga was about you overthrowing the Valkorions and the focus should remain on that. I feel like they included enough scenes to remind you that, hey, you've got someone who loves you and believes in you and someone to come home to if you win.

As far as marriage, I wouldn't think the option would come up until all the LI's have been returned. I know people have a pretty good idea whether they'd dump Lana if Kira came back, but you never really know until you see *how* they're brought back and *why* they've been gone. I'd hate to propose to Theron because I thought Vector had forgotten about my agent and then have him come back in a really sweet way (long shot, I know)

I don't consider the Kotet story really over, Iokath is a continuation of it and so there's plenty of opportunity to keep adding more. I think the best opportunity for more romance will come with the return of the remaining LI's. There is a lot to unpack and explore with each one's story and Lana and Theron can be a big part of that, too. Quinn and Dorne were a let down so far, I hope they have more planned for each. I don't know why they didn't explore the anguish of Lana or Theron seeing their love reunite with their spouse. That could have been sooooo dramatic and fun.

This got way more rambly than I intended. I'll close with the opinion that Arcann can DIAF and if he becomes the sole female force using LI, my characters and I will cry.