Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Huttball ( Vandin ) PVP map - feedback...?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Huttball ( Vandin ) PVP map - feedback...?

RACATW
11.20.2018 , 11:38 AM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by Neulwen View Post
Push them off the goal line. And if they go on the ledges that means they don't have a stealther at the line.
So basically youre saying push people off the ledges so that they realize they shouldn't go on the ledges in the first place? And their stealthers runs over to the goal line for them to pass to from now on.

Anyway pushing them off the goal line is nothing new really but won't help if they have more than one person up there. Especially considering you have to wait for one or more people to unstealth.

Raansu
11.20.2018 , 12:16 PM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by RACATW View Post
So basically youre saying push people off the ledges so that they realize they shouldn't go on the ledges in the first place? And their stealthers runs over to the goal line for them to pass to from now on.

Anyway pushing them off the goal line is nothing new really but won't help if they have more than one person up there. Especially considering you have to wait for one or more people to unstealth.
The stealther thing could be solved by putting like small damage output in the endzone. Pulls you out of stealth and prevents camping.

RACATW
11.20.2018 , 12:24 PM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
The stealther thing could be solved by putting like small damage output in the endzone. Pulls you out of stealth and prevents camping.
Would be nice but stealthers would just hide under the ledges and restealth right after. Unless it was dots and kept them unstealthable until they go into the pit.

Not like they would have to though unless it was significant damage. Since they could just hide under the ledges to wait for the ball carrier as well.

Neulwen
11.20.2018 , 12:50 PM | #114

Just means there's less enemies in mid competing for the ball. Just control mid and it doesn't matter if they got stealthers in our line. Not like stealthing in goalline is new either ^^.

RACATW
11.20.2018 , 01:06 PM | #115
Just means there's less enemies in mid competing for the ball. Just control mid and it doesn't matter if they got stealthers in our line. Not like stealthing in goalline is new either ^^.
You're joking right? I've seen that work 1 time out of 20. The team that is playing objectives better almost always has the better deathmatchers. (Unless their entire team is deathmatching)

Neulwen
11.20.2018 , 01:53 PM | #116
You're joking right? I've seen that work 1 time out of 20. The team that is playing objectives better almost always has the better deathmatchers. (Unless their entire team is deathmatching)
What are you even on about? How does this imply that vandin was made for ops and sages and that juggs are bad for it?
Deathmatchers? If the team is clueless and just fights in their own pit or goal line it doesn't matter what class one plays... Of course the team who plays better objective wise will win. Controlling mid does not necessarily mean deathmatching. Assassins for example, as mentioned, are great at getting the ball in mid. Snipers too.

RACATW
11.20.2018 , 05:22 PM | #117
What are you even on about? How does this imply that vandin was made for ops and sages and that juggs are bad for it?
Deathmatchers? If the team is clueless and just fights in their own pit or goal line it doesn't matter what class one plays... Of course the team who plays better objective wise will win. Controlling mid does not necessarily mean deathmatching. Assassins for example, as mentioned, are great at getting the ball in mid. Snipers too.
Control of mid is obtained by killing the other team. aka deathmatching. No, not everyone repeatedly spams cap on objectives (we're not all pacifists and bad objective players)

Stealthers = ops + roll & sages can use their knockback very easily there (it's just the right distance in every way) and its pretty easy to use pull

The premise of my argument in my OP wasn't directed at you and wasn't terribly thought out aside from giving feedback about what was fun for me personally and how the map was made and with who in mind. It's not fun for me as a jugg anymore as I worked pretty hard to understand how to use my force push 'just so' into fire/acid traps on huttball maps.

Push wasn't the same as my pt's pull where I can pull someone from 40m~ away into fire repeatedly every time they try to grab the ball. But pt pays for it by being such a crappy class to play (super weak dcds).

Totemdancer
11.21.2018 , 09:50 PM | #118
There is ďdeath matchingĒ all over the map and ďDeath MatchingĒ to hold mid.
If you canít control mid or compete in mid, then you will never get the ball.
Itís up to the guys mid to death match, but only if they are also focused on controlling the ball spawn and grab it as soon as it does.

Iíve seen both teams of people death matching in mid and the ball spawns and everyone at mid ignores it.
Iíve literally run all the way back to mid from scoring to pick up the ball because everyone mid is too busy killing ****.
Hutt Ball is a team map. If you are a selfish player who only cares about their total dps and not helping the team, then you are doing it wrong. I would even go as far as saying some people like that canít play HB at all because the concept is too hard and so they do the easiest thing and death match. They are not good players and people who justify death matching under the wrong circumstances to hide their lack of skill playing HB make me laugh.

I consider myself a reasonably good HB player. But even Iím still finding some new tactics or tricks after 7 years. HB is fluid, if you have good teams it is extremely competitive and some ďwillĒ do a **** load of damage and healing.
HB becomes a real art when you learn to out think your opponents when both sides are good at combat. Thatís where knowing your class and itís role or itís specialty in HB really makes the difference and makes a good HB player.
Any fool can death match all over the map. If you want to do that, then go play arena or organise some fighting in Rishi SHs.

What amazes me is there are some real basic strategies and tactics in all HB maps. They arenít hard to learn or to counter them. But people still have difficulty with them.

If you see a team that keeps running the pit, there is a good chance they have someone in the end zone. Iíve seen non stealth opponents just standing there waiting and no defenders getting rid of them by blowing them off or negating the pass by stunning.
I see people white bar people before traps.
Whole teams that respawn and just fight in their end zone while the other team has a daisy chain of players to their line and no opposition.
If the other team is 90% likely to score and 3 of you canít stop them, then get back to mid fast for the ball respawn.
If you see some Guardian/Jugg/Mara keep getting the ball (original HB) and just run to the second platform and leap up to the ramp and blade blitz to the line, DONT STAND THERE. Iíve literally scored 6 goals in one match by doing that.
If you see a Sorc keep pulling someone from a specific position, pressure the Sorc, kill them or make them move away from that position.

None of this is rocket science (even though youíd think it was for some people). Itís the most basic premises of HB pvp. But it seems people would rather b***h and moan about how the other team has an operative, Sorc or Jugg than use their brains. Yes some classes are better in HB to run or support the ball, but all can do it and all can play a role in helping to win. If no one on my team will run the ball or know how to score, I will even do it on my sniper and Iíve scored many times (before the stupid ďblow upĒ timer was added).
Some classes offer support like dps at mid to control it. But it always blows my mind when I see 2-3 snipers on a perch dpsing everyone but the ball carrier and the opponent runs right past them like they arenít even there to go on and score unopposed. Then at the end of the match those same snipers will point to their dps and say how good they are and itís everyone elseís fault that they lost. Itís obviously not just snipers, itís every class that does it and itís usually those people who b***h and moan the worst when they lose.

If you are a player (broadly dierected, not at the OP) who expects to win and let others carry you, then you have no right to tell those people they didnít do enough dps or itís their fault you lost. Iíve scored all six goals in Quesh Ball with zero dps, then got told I was a **** player and those that death match carried me.
Please click below link for FREE stuff and Friend Referal for Free 7 day subscription

WayOfTheWarriorx
11.22.2018 , 01:32 AM | #119
Don't let Totem fool you. I've played with her. I didn't even know objective points could get that high . It'd take me like 3 weeks to get that many objective points. She scored like 6 times in a row, was totally insane.

MandoMetal
11.22.2018 , 12:45 PM | #120
Do not want
- All-Galaxy Roleplayer

"I may be hetero bud... but I'll blast you with so much KappaPride, it'll make ur gendr spin"