Ahsoka Tano.... What do you think?

JediRios

So i have tried to get into watching clone wars but I just can't. Ahsoka just annoys the hell out of me and i hate the attitude she give to jedi masters such as obi wan and even a jedi like anakin. Anakin was bad enough being a whiny padawan but i can stand ahsoka! I don't understand why people like the series so much. I also feel like she is overpowered for a padawan, and sometimes she makes anakin in and obi wan look stupid which is kinda ridiculous. I did like the old clone wars series however as it showed much more action and the fights were way more epic than the ones in the new clone wars imo. So....Whats your opinion? What do you think of Ashoka?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I felt the same way at first, but have grown to love her over the last 4 seasons of TCW. She is just a 14 year old eager to prove herself. She sees Anakin more as an older brother than a Master early on. Just keep watching. Edited by valin-krai

She really develops into an interesting character as the series progresses, especially in Season 3, as the show as a whole develops a more mature tone.

And not every episode focuses on her, and there are several where Ahsoka, indeed none of the major characters, ever appear.

She does NOT stronger than Anakin or Obi-wan does. They make it look that way but it really isn't. For example in the movies, you can see that Obi-Wan and Anakin can defeat Magnaguard with ease(until plot required) while Ahsoka exhausting herself while killing them.

Beside, they need to establish her character as a dependable padawan(yet hothead and quirky sometime) on first season before other writer flanderize her as a damsel in distress.

Don't 'picking' her too much and you will be fine.

I really like how she changed over the series. I watched the first and second series where she seemed very young but now watching the fourth one she has really grown up a lot. I'm pretty sure she has even physically changed which is quite clever for an animated series.

I also notice that Anakin calls her snips a lot less, and when he does it seems to harken back to her childhood rather then being her current nickname, I think it's one of the best slow boil relationships (not the romantic kind) depicted in starwars, in fact even the way anakin and obi wan interact is far more convincing then in the movies.

I think it's really a triumph for the star wars name and it continually gets better and better.

Yes, she does physically change as the series timeline progresses (there are a few out-of-order episodes.) Her montrals (the horns on top of her head) get taller, she herself gets taller, her head-tails get longer and more slender, and. . . err. . . her figure becomes more. . . womanly.

Beside, they need to establish her character as a dependable padawan(yet hothead and quirky sometime) on first season before other writer flanderize her as a damsel in distress.

I'm sorry, a what? Yes, there are times where she needs help, but she's, what, 17 in the current season? I wouldn't call her a 'damsel in distress'.

I'm sorry, a what? Yes, there are times where she needs help, but she's, what, 17 in the current season? I wouldn't call her a 'damsel in distress'.

Absolutely no way she could be 17. She's 15 going on 16 at most, as when introduced she was ~14 years old. The Clone Wars lasted, in-universe, what, three and a half years tops?

And I think that her early character was supposed to be a bit snotty, IE, too young/inexperianced to know when she's getting into stuff she shouldn't, but by the third/fourth seasons she's matured out a lot and really is a likeable character. This development was slowly shown in the second season and blossomed in the third. Even the movie showed some of it with Rex knocking some sense into her when she raises the point about rank (though the full juice of it was only seen in the novel, sadly)

As for her considerable talents; it's briefly mentioned when Anakin comments on her "advanced talents", and being trained by both Anakin (directly) and Obi-wan (indirectly) probably helps, along with having to learn-on-the-go and actual combat experiance. Plus, she could of been a pretty promising trainee anyways.

In a sense, her development is pretty close to the main series. Started out rocky/iffy, but as time went on she found her niche just like the crew found their little niche/pace and got into their own.

Edited by LukeDanger

Sorry. I don't mean that she is damsel in distress. What I mean is that if they don't make her a ****** in the beginning, the other writer MIGHT write her as a damsel in a distress.

Fortunately enough for us, that never happen.

So i have tried to get into watching clone wars but I just can't. Ahsoka just annoys the hell out of me and i hate the attitude she give to jedi masters such as obi wan and even a jedi like anakin. Anakin was bad enough being a whiny padawan but i can stand ahsoka! I don't understand why people like the series so much. I also feel like she is overpowered for a padawan, and sometimes she makes anakin in and obi wan look stupid which is kinda ridiculous. I did like the old clone wars series however as it showed much more action and the fights were way more epic than the ones in the new clone wars imo. So....Whats your opinion? What do you think of Ashoka?

By more epic you mean ridiculously over the top? Like mace windu clearing a whole droid army without lightsaber etc? :>

a damsel in distress is simply any female who is placed in a dire predicament who requires a hero to save her... While they, for the sake of an entertaining story, are generally young (and yes 17 is still very very young) it really has nothing at all to do with age

for god's sake this is a classic theme in world literature, art, and film... *** do they teach in school now?

Edited by Liquidacid

• 6 months later...
I like Ahsoka in the new series.

Who else does'nt want her to die?

she kinda has to for the story to work out and pretty soon... the series takes place between Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith which is only a 3 year time period... I mean they still have some time and I like the series but it's starting to edge into MASH territory

in case you don't get the reference MASH was a series about a US army hospital unit during the Korean War which lasted 11 seasons even tho the war actually only lasted 3 years... and before some says "well a season doesn't have to be a year" I will remind you they had a Christmas episode every season

Edited by Liquidacid

she kinda has to for the story to work out and pretty soon... the series takes place between Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith which is only a 3 year time period... I mean they still have some time and I like the series but it's starting to edge into MASH territory

in case you don't get the reference MASH was a series about a US army hospital unit during the Korean War which lasted 11 seasons even tho the war actually only lasted 3 years... and before some says "well a season doesn't have to be a year" I will remind you they had a Christmas episode every season

Not to mention, it would only drive Anakin further closer to the darkside.

She does NOT stronger than Anakin or Obi-wan does. They make it look that way but it really isn't. For example in the movies, you can see that Obi-Wan and Anakin can defeat Magnaguard with ease(until plot required) while Ahsoka exhausting herself while killing them.

Don't 'picking' her too much and you will be fine.

Also you need to remember that Anakin and Obi-Wan had previous experience fighting MaganaGuard Droids so they knew where the weak spots in the Droid's design were. I will say that I dont consider TCW series as cannon in any way. However I do think that the character does have potential in the long run. I know from the Lore that during the Clone Wars Anakin did train an apprentice, but I think they could have made Ahsoka less like Anakin was when he was a Padawan when they introduced Ahsoka in the Clone Wars Animated movie.

I will say that I dont consider TCW series as cannon in any way.

unfortunately Lucas has decreed it canon and it is actual considered by LL to be higher canon than all the EU novels, comics and games so no SW authors are allowed to contradict it (they made a new canon level called T canon for the series which is now above C (the EU) and right below G (the movies)) ... there is even talk about them retconing a brand new timeline for the clone wars era once the series is almost over to fix the few continuity errors

hell the last EU novel series even referenced an episode of the Clone wars series... the main villain Abaloth was tied into the Father, daughter and Son from the Clone Wars series...

I'm ok with the series in general except for one thing... and that is *********** Darth Maul coming back with robot legs... seriously *** I really wanna know how Obi-wan is gonna explain that one to Qui-gon's force ghost

Edited by Liquidacid

I like Ahsoka and this isn't the first series to show age progression (it's actually fairly common in anime. Dragonball is an excellent reference. Goku started off as a kid and gradually grew up over many years and we could see him getting taller, filling out more, etc etc.). More than physically, Ahsoka has matured mentally as well. She has learned well from her mistakes and points out those than Anakin is making based on his own feelings.

So far as he has not been made out to be stronger than the Masters. And if people think that's somehow uncommon in SW, it isn't. Feck, look at SWTOR. Consular goes from Padawan to Knight to Master inside a few months and becomes one of the top Force Users of the time. Bane became stronger than his masters (who, really, were all pushovers except Kas'im). It's a common occurrence with Main Characters that they tend to become as strong, if not stronger, than their teachers.

However, Ahsoka has not displayed any such sign of being an uber-powerful Jedi. Strong? Yes, but that comes with being a major player in the continuing story. As far as that goes, she will become as strong as she needs to be given the situations she is put in, but may never reach Anakin's level.

As for Darth Maul. Well look, we've had Sith who've survived as a head in a jar. Maul with robot legs isn't that big of a stretch.

I think Ahsoka is adorable. She and the mercenary Cad Bane are wonderful EU characters that the show created.

With that in mind I'm not sure I like the principle behind her addition to the lore. She has practically become like a sister to Anakin and fairly close to Obi-Wan and Padme. Considering that, it's extremely immersion-breaking to know that she wasn't even created as a character by the time the PT ended. It's just so obvious that she is an afterthought and that they will come with some insanely convoluted reason to explain why nobody mentions her in Episode 3 :i_frown:

But the character herself is likeable.

I think Ahsoka is adorable. She and the mercenary Cad Bane are wonderful EU characters that the show created.

With that in mind I'm not sure I like the principle behind her addition to the lore. She has practically become like a sister to Anakin and fairly close to Obi-Wan and Padme. Considering that, it's extremely immersion-breaking to know that she wasn't even created as a character by the time the PT ended. It's just so obvious that she is an afterthought and that they will come with some insanely convoluted reason to explain why nobody mentions her in Episode 3 :i_frown:

But the character herself is likeable.

This is why, it would be a pivotal moment for Anakin and only drive him further towards the darkside in protecting the ones that he love. It would be even worse, if Anakin is forced to kill her.

This is why, it would be a pivotal moment for Anakin and only drive him further towards the darkside in protecting the ones that he love. It would be even worse, if Anakin is forced to kill her.

I think Sidious should turn her to the Dark Side, forcing Anakin to kill her. It wouldn't be hard to turn her. And Anakin killling her would send him further down the path to darkness.

And him killing her would explain why she isn't mentioned in ROTS. You know how he doesn't like to talk about the bad things he's done.

Edited by Aurbere

So i have tried to get into watching clone wars

Do or do not, there is no try. :csw_yoda:

On the other hand, there is no doing with your goal either. Watching and liking the new Clone Wars series is like trying to lose weight on a diet of Pixie Sticks, it just doesn't... doesn't work. The only reason any of us watch it is because it's Star Wars, and on TV, therefore a chore for any good star wars fan to perform.

Ahsoka Tano is like... like... like that music scene in the updated version of episode 6, she's just... unnecessary.

Edited by BlazingShadow