Star forge just froze...

Benirons

I recall this being the 2nd occasion i have witnessed in the past 2 months.

Cant travel anywhere, cant use any abilities, can only run as far as the invisible box lets you (not that it matters, cant do anythinghing, I think mobs dont even agro).

All I saw in chat is thet server basically took a dump.

This is a pretty big bummer to see in this game. Last I experienced anything the like was in wildstar (which is now shut down) in its last few months of life. To be honest this is kind of a $$$ back problem. What kind of service am I subbing for exactly?

Since launch I used to be a full time sub (even if I wasn't playing), but now I just sub 1 or 2 months, because that seems to be who BW is more interested in catering too by giving into to the vocal demands of a small minority to make this game pretty much solo. What happened, BW bled out subs.

Then they complained how it wasn't fair that they couldn't get the top of the line gear for story questing, and we got RNG...CAUSE IT IS FUN!

Now we have people complaning about getting kicked from groups and how it isn't fair, when you know what, politeness and basic skill knowledge goes along way.

Now after being on over a year break, there are twice as many cinematic bugs, and they can't do a simple patch without breaking ****, to then do an emergency patch the next day.

Yeah, I don't think BW needs a pair of shades, cause their future doesn't look that bright.

Since launch I used to be a full time sub (even if I wasn't playing), but now I just sub 1 or 2 months, because

Yeah, I don't remain subbed any more. I sub when new content comes out and then drop when I am done playing it. I came back this time to do a news interview on GNN. LOL

Do NOT attempt to go into a SH. This is the culprit that locked all my skills. I tested it more than once to be sure. It locks you in an invisible box and none of your skills work except chat. Eventually you crash to character select screen after several minutes.

Do NOT attempt to go into a SH. This is the culprit that locked all my skills. I tested it more than once to be sure. It locks you in an invisible box and none of your skills work except chat. Eventually you crash to character select screen after several minutes.

Juuust found this out the hard way. Have a character trapped on Coruscant right now. :(

ETA: I was able to get my toon off Coruscant by using the galaxy map to take her to Ossus. There are legacy and cargo bays there so if you need access your stuff without going to a stronghold it might be an option.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

Juuust found this out the hard way. Have a character trapped on Coruscant right now. :(

ETA: I was able to get my toon off Coruscant by using the galaxy map to take her to Ossus. There are legacy and cargo bays there so if you need access your stuff without going to a stronghold it might be an option.

I was just wondering if there were legacy holds there. I really need to empty my bag more than anything else. I am not playing the characters I can't log in but all this junk has to be stored! Thanks for announcing this.

Yep, can’t load any of my characters now. I just get an endless load screen.

This is the worst double XP week I can remember. It’s been basically unplayable and just when the lags seems a little better and I try to finish off conquest, this happens.

Sometimes I ask myself why I even bother logging in during a double xp event, they always have some problem or another.

ALL of my characters live in my strong hold. Now I can’t even get into any of them.

I wish they would stop stuffing around while the servers are live. They should have taken them off line for an hour to fix these problems last week instead of poking around and causing more and more problems

I can't get to any toon in a stronghold now either, and it's not just Nar Shaddaa. I just tried to grab a character who is in Tatooine and it gave me the interlude screen for a minute and then bumped me back to the selection screen.

I'm giving up for the evening, I think. I don't even want to try to play the characters who are not in strongholds because who knows what else is currently broken for them?

I can't get to any toon in a stronghold now either, and it's not just Nar Shaddaa. I just tried to grab a character who is in Tatooine and it gave me the interlude screen for a minute and then bumped me back to the selection screen.

I'm giving up for the evening, I think. I don't even want to try to play the characters who are not in strongholds because who knows what else is currently broken for them?

Makes you want to not play the game, “period”. This whole week has been a debacle

I was just wondering if there were legacy holds there. I really need to empty my bag more than anything else. I am not playing the characters I can't log in but all this junk has to be stored! Thanks for announcing this.

I hope it is helpful. :) In the Imperial base, there are legacy, cargo and guild holds all lined up against a wall near the crystal exchange guy on the lower level of the base. On the Republic base I'm blanking right now but I think they are against the wall of one of the huts.

Makes you want to not play the game, “period”. This whole week has been a debacle

It has been. It's getting a bit frustrating to say the least that whenever anything is added to the game now, one has to worry about what other thing has been rendered unusable.

Agreed. I came back for the new event, but after this I think I'm just going to go back to playing City of Heroes long term. It's sad when a game resurrected by volunteers working for free can be more stable, reliable, and fun than an MMO run by a AAA game company that brings in hundreds of billions of dollars in un-taxed profit every year.

Edited by AscendingSky

It has been. It's getting a bit frustrating to say the least that whenever anything is added to the game now, one has to worry about what other thing has been rendered unusable.

One step forward, three steps back. When ever they add something, they break two or three other things,

I don’t know what’s worse for the continued existence of the game. Not adding any new content or keep adding content and breaking more stuff that wasn’t broken and then isn’t fixed in a timely manner.

I can only imagine what new or returning players think when they discover the game’s problems. It must be driving them away as well as long term players who’ve tried for so long to deal with how things have been progressing.

All of this looks bad for 6.0. All of the good will and excitement about it have drained out of me. I’m now expecting a dogs breakfast, so I’m not sure I’m going to stick it out till then. I’m only logging Ina few times a week now and it depresses me when I do.

At least WoW classic is out in September too. So that maybe an option for me and my family.

Agreed. I came back for the new event, but after this I think I'm just going to go back to playing City of Heroes long term. It's sad when a game resurrected by volunteers working for free can be more stable, reliable, and fun than an MMO run by a AAA game company that brings in hundreds of billions of dollars in un-taxed profit every year.

I didn’t know COH was back up. Is it F2P and where do I sign up ?

This is the kind of experience I'd expect from a server being run by volunteers as part of a volunteer game project. Not from a developer under a multi-billion-dollar publisher. As the result of a single feature change as part of a small patch during an off season in a game that's been going for eight years.

And that's not even getting into the delays and revisions said change already faced.

If there is a poster child for unprofessional, I'd say we're about there right now.

I'm not sure I'm even mad. I'm just... disappointed. These days, it feels like the video game industry is in a competition to see who can hit a new low. So-called "live service" is hard, especially when you're trying to do it with a product that was unfinished, rushed, and buggy out of the gate. My sympathies to those who work on this game for a living. I don't envy your task. I also find myself wondering why I've ever supported it, given what it is. Perhaps because I'm afraid that the time of a game like this ever being attempted again has passed and so I'm afraid of the artistic loss of its potential.

One step forward, three steps back. When ever they add something, they break two or three other things,

I don’t know what’s worse for the continued existence of the game. Not adding any new content or keep adding content and breaking more stuff that wasn’t broken and then isn’t fixed in a timely manner.

I can only imagine what new or returning players think when they discover the game’s problems. It must be driving them away as well as long term players who’ve tried for so long to deal with how things have been progressing.

All of this looks bad for 6.0. All of the good will and excitement about it have drained out of me. I’m now expecting a dogs breakfast, so I’m not sure I’m going to stick it out till then. I’m only logging Ina few times a week now and it depresses me when I do.

At least WoW classic is out in September too. So that maybe an option for me and my family.

TBH if it's this bad when they're adding a smaller content patch, I don't even want to think about how many things are probably going to implode with 6.0. It's getting very disheartening that you can't count on basic things in the game to work properly, and if I were playing this as a complete newbie I probably would have been too frustrated with it to continue.

I'm letting my sub lapse again for a few reasons, and I do think I'm going to cool my heels and wait at least a week or two before even trying to download 6.0 because of all the ways they could possibly break things. I am planning on trying to screenshot all my achievements, datacrons obtained, characters' companion, crew skills and gear screens so I will have some backup if any of those things ends up being scrambled.

I don't really have another game I like this much, but I'll have to look around.

It's sad when a game resurrected by volunteers working for free can be more stable, reliable, and fun than an MMO run by a AAA game company that brings in hundreds of billions of dollars in un-taxed profit every year.

Remember: "The intent is to provide players with a sense of pride and accomplishment".

This is the kind of experience I'd expect from a server being run by volunteers as part of a volunteer game project. Not from a developer under a multi-billion-dollar publisher. As the result of a single feature change as part of a small patch during an off season in a game that's been going for eight years.

And that's not even getting into the delays and revisions said change already faced.

If there is a poster child for unprofessional, I'd say we're about there right now.

I'm not sure I'm even mad. I'm just... disappointed. These days, it feels like the video game industry is in a competition to see who can hit a new low. So-called "live service" is hard, especially when you're trying to do it with a product that was unfinished, rushed, and buggy out of the gate. My sympathies to those who work on this game for a living. I don't envy your task. I also find myself wondering why I've ever supported it, given what it is. Perhaps because I'm afraid that the time of a game like this ever being attempted again has passed and so I'm afraid of the artistic loss of its potential.

The game was quite fine before Cartel Markets, Loot Crates, and (extremely gimped) Free to Play. I'm not saying F2P broke it but it certainly didn't help it because it seems there is no reinvestment back into it.