Charge 0m

infedele

i'm back on swtor after some years..

***!

where's my 0m charge?

it was the best part of the watchman/annilation!

ES

utilitiy/core ability annihilation/watchman

you can charge to 0m, no rage cretead under 15m

so it's not part of the rotation but only a "gap closer/interrupt"

Give me back the funny charge or i will start crying XD

PLS

PLS

PLS

PLS

PLS

PLS

PLS

PLS

PLS

PLS

PLS

PLS

BIOWAREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

READ ME NOW!!!!!!!!!

Edited by infedele
new ES

While a 0m charge is definitely fun, it can be problematic to have your main gap closer used in the rotation.

utilitiy/core ability annihilation/watchman

you can charge to 0m, no rage cretead under 15m

so it's not part of the rotation but only a "gap closer/interrupt"

Edited by infedele

although problematic on the core on revan thou :) kinda like holotraverse

Strange, don't recall having that issue in the fight. What would happen? Fall below?

While a 0m charge is definitely fun, it can be problematic to have your main gap closer used in the rotation.

How is it problematic? I don't get it.

Edited by memerobot

Strange, don't recall having that issue in the fight. What would happen? Fall below?

with the way leap was on 0m, u would be placed away from the core, preventing you from dpsing it.

holotraverse does the same if u use it, for example, as a part of your rotation.

Well there are a couple of places where charge can get you in trouble, Revan core and Draxus come to mind, and if it works anything like Obliterate does, it'll probably move you a bit, potentially landing you in AoE's. However the most annoying part for me would be that most of the time charge will be on cooldown when you actually want to use it as a gap closer. (As a side note, I don't particularly want Bioware to go messing with Anni's rotation again, it's pretty fun now, but it has been pretty ****** for a while).

Now the idea of making it generate no rage below 10m intrigues me, because that way it would be a nice way to interrupt or get to your target when you're more like 8m away in PvP, while not making its use rotational.

with the way leap was on 0m, u would be placed away from the core, preventing you from dpsing it.

holotraverse does the same if u use it, for example, as a part of your rotation.

Well, if it is awkwardly enough for you, you would still in range of the core. Yeah, it may feel that you would "far away" but leap always places you in the range for melee attacks.

If that was the reason of the change then it was a retarded move to do. Just because it looks weird, doesn't mean it is bad. You were still in range. Now if you mean that you would leap into attacks, bloody hell, it is your own fault. Don't blame the class for things that you/others do :|

I never had issues before, at all, regarding that.

Well there are a couple of places where charge can get you in trouble, Revan core and Draxus come to mind, and if it works anything like Obliterate does, it'll probably move you a bit, potentially landing you in AoE's.

L2P issues. You see AoE, don't use any ability that causes you to go into it. This is an issue of learning, not the class/spec problem, seriously.

However the most annoying part for me would be that most of the time charge will be on cooldown when you actually want to use it as a gap closer. (As a side note, I don't particularly want Bioware to go messing with Anni's rotation again, it's pretty fun now, but it has been pretty ****** for a while).

If your gap closer is on CD, continue to DPS what you were on, otherwise, again as before, learning issues :\

I never found myself having them back then.

Now the idea of making it generate no rage below 10m intrigues me, because that way it would be a nice way to interrupt or get to your target when you're more like 8m away in PvP, while not making its use rotational.

It is pointless to give it back now. Spec was made more boring than before (thankfully not on the levels of Fury). The way it worked, was unique. Why is there a need to make it to be like the others? :\

Edited by memerobot

Well, if it is awkwardly enough for you, you would still in range of the core. Yeah, it may feel that you would "far away" but leap always places you in the range for melee attacks..

Due to Revan Core mechanics you will be knocked back if you leap, placing you out of range.

Well, if it is awkwardly enough for you, you would still in range of the core. Yeah, it may feel that you would "far away" but leap always places you in the range for melee attacks.

If that was the reason of the change then it was a retarded move to do. Just because it looks weird, doesn't mean it is bad. You were still in range. Now if you mean that you would leap into attacks, bloody hell, it is your own fault. Don't blame the class for things that you/others do :|

I never had issues before, at all, regarding that.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=804343 - have a look into that post - whats being discussed is where the 0m leap would do to the position of your toon - stating that leap putted you in range for melle atacks is not acurate.

ofc it is easy to adapt blah blah , and i killed with mara/sent, all good on that.

but nothing changes the fact that u need to expect an "abnormal" positioning - back then, in 3.0 - and now with scoundrel with trick move and i suspect sins with shadow stride (and their counterparts if u use this gap closer skills as a part of your rotation) you will be knocked back.

but, ofc you can use a holotraverse or a shadow stride just before pull in, in revan core, so you dont need to "move" :D

Edited by Threjyan

L2P issues. You see AoE, don't use any ability that causes you to go into it. This is an issue of learning, not the class/spec problem, seriously.

If your gap closer is on CD, continue to DPS what you were on, otherwise, again as before, learning issues :\

I never found myself having them back then.

It is pointless to give it back now. Spec was made more boring than before (thankfully not on the levels of Fury). The way it worked, was unique. Why is there a need to make it to be like the others? :\

I'm not saying these issues are unavoidable by just delaying charge, however it still is awkward to have to delay an part of your rotation, that is the problem.

As for just continuing dps whatever you're on when your gap closer on cooldown, that's hardly a a good fix, sometimes you HAVE to switch targets, now you since mad dash was introduced at least you won't have to walk over when this happens, but it's still annoying. Honestly the thing I miss the least from Anni is 0m charge, I'd much rather have lower cooldown Annihilate or old Rupture back.

Due to Revan Core mechanics you will be knocked back if you leap, placing you out of range.

Rather strange that I never felt that knockback, perhaps I had the luck of generating the rage to continue to attack properly, I suppose . If that would happen, Fury should be knocked back too but doesn't happen o_o

Or maybe stealth prevents it? I used to cast back then as to have immunity to stuff but had to be sort of simlutaneous.

Edited by memerobot

I'm not saying these issues are unavoidable by just delaying charge, however it still is awkward to have to delay an part of your rotation, that is the problem.

You could take utilities to help build Rage, like the Cloak of Pain with rage build attached to it.

As for just continuing dps whatever you're on when your gap closer on cooldown, that's hardly a a good fix, sometimes you HAVE to switch targets, now you since mad dash was introduced at least you won't have to walk over when this happens but it's still annoying.

It is still meh, has basically no use in PvE except resist one attack. :\

Honestly the thing I miss the least from Anni is 0m charge, I'd much rather have lower cooldown Annihilate or old Rupture back.

You can't have the lower Annihilate or old rupture because they were built to the old rotation, not the current one. They were much better back then, shorter CD on annihilate, shorter duration(case of rupture).

Rather strange that I never felt that knockback, perhaps I had the luck of generating the rage to continue to attack properly, I suppose . If that would happen, Fury should be knocked back too but doesn't happen o_o

Or maybe stealth prevents it? I used to cast back then as to have immunity to stuff but had to be sort of simlutaneous.

Fury has the same problem when using Obliterate. You simply get knocked out of the circle around the core, which prevents you from attacking it.