Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What the hell do people mean by an "honest opinion"?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
What the hell do people mean by an "honest opinion"?

VioletZero
12.16.2011 , 05:42 AM | #1
I've seen this term thrown around a lot lately in regards to SWTOR and I'd like to know. What the hell do people mean by an "Honest Opinion."

Are you implying that other opinions are dishonest? Are people going to lie to you and tell you that it is better or worse than it really is?
I'm a thinker. I could break it down. I'm a shooter. A drastic baby.

Nesbit
12.16.2011 , 05:42 AM | #2
They are trying to say that they are not trolling.
NeSBiT

Drakos
12.16.2011 , 05:43 AM | #3
Violet, we're all compulsive liars. Those who give their "honest opinions" are apparently the only ones trustworthy enough to break said compulsions.

Or rather, they feel that by adding "honest" to "opinion" they negate stigma attached to the fact that their opinion is about to be a negative one in hopes that people will receive it better. This approach always backfires.
Cadiva: The fundamental thing I have to ask is "am I enjoying playing this".

The only person who can tell you whether or not you should resub for TOR is you.

VioletZero
12.16.2011 , 05:44 AM | #4
You don't need to tell me that you aren't trolling. The content of your "opinion" should suffice for seeing whether or not you're a troll.

For example,

Not troll: "I find the end game content to be lacking and some of the crafting professions to be useless."

Troll: "This game will close or go F2P by the end of the month."

Anya_Halberd
12.16.2011 , 05:44 AM | #5
The Internet works like this:

In my opinion = you are full of **** and should die

In my HONEST opinion = you are still full of **** but we will at least read a TLDR version of your post.
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻ ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Quote: Originally Posted by -FarStar-
Anya_Halberd , have you ever been told, what you tongue (or in this case your typing skills) can be just like a razer blade sometimes ?! Thats a compliment btw . . .

Frowny
12.16.2011 , 05:44 AM | #6
Their lying!! I know it!! and its all a goverment plot!! There hiding cards up there sleeves!! Has something behind their backs!! Damn dishonest liars!!

Kricys
12.16.2011 , 05:46 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Frowny View Post
Their lying!! I know it!! and its all a goverment plot!! There hiding cards up there sleeves!! Has something behind their backs!! Damn dishonest liars!!
They're, their, there. These are 3 different words with different meanings. Figure it out.
Kricys. Marauder. Vulkar Highway

Nesbit
12.16.2011 , 05:46 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Frowny View Post
Someone needs to go back to school to learn the difference between they're, their, and there.
NeSBiT

VioletZero
12.16.2011 , 05:47 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Kricys View Post
They're, their, there. These are 3 different words with different meanings. Figure it out.
Quote: Originally Posted by Nesbit View Post
Someone needs to go back to school to learn the difference between they're, their, and there.
Christ guys, lay off.

We all knew what he meant.

Kricys
12.16.2011 , 05:47 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Nesbit View Post
I won, by 20 seconds.
Kricys. Marauder. Vulkar Highway