Premade who actively ignore objectives.

gtangtan

there are a couple of premade groups that do this on Satele Shan. They now give disclaimers when you are in one with them so you know they won't play objective, which is nice, i guess? Disclaimer comes with a snark about them carrying you though, lol.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there are a couple of premade groups that do this on Satele Shan. They now give disclaimers when you are in one with them so you know they won't play objective, which is nice, i guess? Disclaimer comes with a snark about them carrying you though, lol.

That’s when you leave the match and requeue. If more people did that they would go back to ranked (considering they are that good to “carry”” you;)) because they’d have no one else on their teams. No one would play with them.

That’s the best solution and they would either change their behaviour if the want to play 8v8 or they wouldn’t be able to play pvp.

not sure what you think a legacy ban is, but if you get banned, your whole account gets banned, all servers, all legacys, all characters.

but if you mean "legacy ignore" like I think you do, it will do nothing about your problem. ignore doesnt not stop grouping in pvp, only communication.

ignore doesnt not stop grouping in pvp, only communication.

They should change THIS thing. Objective gameplay requires communication anyway so it is a great hindrance if you might not be able to read what others say (though supposedly you will NOT ignore objective players, it might happen occasionally). It will be very simple then: those who are anti-social enough to ignore too many people will not get pops because they can't be matched with anyone, and same will go for those anti-social or useless enough to be ignored by enough people.

I know it technically means ignore can be abused to effectively ban innocents from PVP if enough people have it in for them, but TBH, if enough people in your match hate you enough to ignore you, do you want to be matched with them? If enough of your team is hated enough by you that you ignored them, do you want to be matched with them?

When they implement this, though, they should also let you ignore the other faction. Else as an imp you will just be matched with all the rep trolls and/or useless players and vise versa. It is bad enough that you can't whisper them.

I am 90% sure the ignore function doesnt work like pve in pvp because it can be used to completely drown elo gain in a river.

imagine all those kids from last season, who wintraded, backfilled, and farmed mat farmers for their gold. now give them the ability to block every pvper on the server.. cept their bots. lets see how much elo everyone gets at the end of the season.

Number farming in a nutshell used to be "You do objective!" + "No, You do it!" = "eventually nobody does objective".

These guys evolved to the next level of responsibility dismissal "We call dibs on not doing objective"...

Quote of the century tbh

:rak_03:

Edited by Talon_strikes

I am 90% sure the ignore function doesnt work like pve in pvp because it can be used to completely drown elo gain in a river.

imagine all those kids from last season, who wintraded, backfilled, and farmed mat farmers for their gold. now give them the ability to block every pvper on the server.. cept their bots. lets see how much elo everyone gets at the end of the season.

Oh, I missed one very important point: ignore MUSTN'T block enemies, only friendlies!

So if win traders ignore you, it just makes sure you aren't in the same team with them. If they block you on the bots, not same team as the bots. You can normally be against them or their bots or anyone unrelated to them.

The only way to actually be "banned" from PVP by ignore is if such a percentage of the players ignore you that not enough remains that are available for you. Even if a million bots ignore you, it just means you won't pop with them. You will still get pops with the normal people.

regardless it will stilll be abusable in both regs and ranked to force full 4/8 premades by ignore everyone but your buds. you all end up on same team vs the rest of the population (your ignore list)

I see what you are saying, but isn't the ignore list quite a limited room? Will it be possible to ignore everyone relevant?(basically all lvl 70s. You never know when will one decide to jump in a match)

I was already skeptical objective players would be able to ignore all the people that are too non-contributive for them, and unlike the abusers you describe, this ignore would be selective.

Edited by Rafiknoll

Well, at least kills count toward objectives in Yavin Ruins.

I kind of want to troll those guys now.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

Elite PvP'ers don't care about winning or losing or flipping nodes or carrying the ball. All they want to do is farm numbers simple as that. Now that they are telling you they a'int doin it because their main objective is numbers. But they usually do more objective points and medals than most of the players that are complaining. Easy solution get better at the game and do as they say and do the objectives.

That’s when you leave the match and requeue. If more people did that they would go back to ranked (considering they are that good to “carry”” you;)) because they’d have no one else on their teams. No one would play with them.

That’s the best solution and they would either change their behaviour if the want to play 8v8 or they wouldn’t be able to play pvp.

It's rare to see a match end because enough players decided they didn't want to face a Huttball kill-farming premade where they just pass the ball around and farm kills while the clock counts down, and that is about the most un-fun match I've ever seen. You might get "everyone good quits" from one side of the ops frame, which they might notice after a while.

Elite PvP'ers don't care about winning or losing or flipping nodes or carrying the ball. All they want to do is farm numbers simple as that. Now that they are telling you they a'int doin it because their main objective is numbers. But they usually do more objective points and medals than most of the players that are complaining. Easy solution get better at the game and do as they say and do the objectives.

thats cute bud. but the reality, when its not in your head, is that "elite" pvpers can dps and do objectives at the same time. you are just a one trick pony.

game is hard. specialy pve and objectives. know whats easy? globaling fresh players in pug regs with guard and heals. game is hard mang.

Edited by Seterade

I find your description of "elite PVPers"... disappointing.

Look how farming-tainted your views are. You already measure objective with objective points, as if this too isn't just one more number farming. If you mindlessly execute maximal DPS rotation near the mid turret while the healer is the only one who bothers hitting the one who tries to cap, then you get as many defender points as that healer, but he is the only one playing the objective. Not to mention you would get zero points if the objective player who grabbed the turret wouldn't grab it, even if at the end of the match he has less objective points than you because he was occupying half the enemy team on a side node to make it easier for you to keep mid, and thus didn't get defender points.

Wanna farm numbers? There are dummies for that.

Wanna farm numbers on resisting and worthy enemies? There is ranked for that (you are "elite" aren't you?).

Wanna farm numbers on resisting and worthy enemies but with respawns? Go arrange an OWPVP event. The outlaw den in Tatooine is mostly empty, no one will disturb you (and if some passes by, you are elite, just unite and crush him in 2 secs and go back about your business).

Wanna farm numbers on resisting but not necessarily worthy people who are also not necessarily competing with you about numbers? For starters, don't you dare consider that "elite PVPing" :rolleyes:

Number farming versus objective players is like declaring a race in your head against the car driving next to you, and then considering yourself a winner when he takes a left and leaves you alone to cross your imaginary finish line. GG WP :p

Edited by Rafiknoll

if they ever make legacy ignore a thing it is very possible. you over estimate how many players in this game regularly pvp.... that arent just recycling their 40 alts.

Missed that one. You are right. Legacy ignore is probably enough to remove a large portion of the PVP active lvl 70 community.

Well, we don't have legacy ignore yet. I guess the first thing that gets implemented about ignore (legacy or PVP "don't-match") will discard the other idea.

thats cute bud. but the reality, when its not in your head, is that "elite" pvpers can dps and do objectives at the same time. you are just a one trick pony.

game is hard. specialy pve and objectives. know whats easy? globaling fresh players in pug regs with guard and heals. game is hard mang.

Never heard of you kid, but yeah We do it all ... top objectives and DPS/Heals, no need to get salty that we're better than you.

I've been PvPing since the beginning of this game. I've been on #1, undefeated ranked 8s teams. I've spent hours a day playing with and VoIP chatting with top players from the most elite PvP guilds across different servers (back when there really wrer other servers). I've number farmed with the best of them.

Based on 6 years of that kind of experience, I will say this: if you really want to farm good numbers, you need the objectives to be attended to. If you ignore objs and the other team gets bombs planted on Voidstar, or caps two nodes on the other maps, players spread out. They move onto the next room. They go to try to cap side nodes and draw enemy players away. You will never, ever get top numbers trying to farm in a game where you don't put at least some effort into stopping a cap or watching a door.

If you want to farm real numbers - elite numbers - you actually need to pay some attention to objectives.

Based on the screen shots that I have seen on other websites of you and your team, Dabbin, I'm not surprised that you guys take such pride in farming damage and ignoring objectives, because the numbers are pretty low for people trying to number farm. If you really want to see some elite numbers, consider keeping tabs on the objectives a bit more.

I'm serious. I'm not trying to insult you, here, and I am not totally opposed to playing a match with the end in mind of farming numbers. Wins and losses only satisfy on their own for so long, and eventually those numbers are the kind of thing that gives the main satisfaction from a game. The thing is that getting high numbers AND winning is always better than getting high numbers and not winning, and to top it all off it's much easier to get much higher numbers when you're paying *some* attention to the objectives.

The numbers I've seen from your team are not elite. Keep your eye on the objectives more and maybe that could change.