Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Virtual Cantina 2020 Recap

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

HKtheindomitable
Today , 01:30 PM | #61
I am so ready for more cantina streams. I am also sure this is the first stream where there were zero issues the whole time. I definitely want this even when the in person events are back.
PAX REPUBLICA
Casual PVP&PVE
Star Forge | Captain |International Guild

Darthjantom
Today , 01:44 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by DanielSteed View Post

Interesting idea. While the team, and myself especially, are always looking at ways we can provide a behind-the-scenes look, that's a route I haven't looked into much. Can't guarantee it will happen, but I'll start putting some brain power into something of that nature.
Would be really cool if this was possible, would be really interesting to see the tools you guys use, also might give a better understanding to why certain things are in-game as they are. Even the very detailed write-up on the guild flagship disappearing bug was really interesting to read. Reading about how you guys desing npc models and their outfits was cool too, but I would love to actually see those tools in action .

DarkTergon
Today , 01:51 PM | #63
Hey everyone!

I wanted to offer some clarification. Until we can return to in-person events, we are planning to hold more Livestream Cantinas throughout next year. In the future, we're likely to do both once we're able! Since we tried a few new things production/format wise with the recent livestream, I wanted to take the opportunity to gauge the community's thoughts.

Just a quick question, is there any chance we'll be getting the Prinawe mounts from future cantinas, as we've already gotten some of the other stuff. Please 🙏🙏🙏🙏
They are so busy being non conformists, they are actually becoming more of a conformist , than conformists are {stupid is a hard barrier}
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV-E63guCro
http://www.swtor.com/r/jFXFFQ

OlBuzzard
Today , 02:24 PM | #64
Hey everyone!

I wanted to offer some clarification. Until we can return to in-person events, we are planning to hold more Livestream Cantinas throughout next year. In the future, we're likely to do both once we're able! Since we tried a few new things production/format wise with the recent livestream, I wanted to take the opportunity to gauge the community's thoughts.

[/snip]

Quote: Originally Posted by OlBuzzard View Post

Granted this pandemic has thrown all of us a curve of sorts... but IMO this does help feel better about the game and those who are a part of it !
Quote: Originally Posted by OlBuzzard View Post
Agreed !!

Although the pandemic has been a serious matter to contend with ... IMO it has proven to help bring out some of the best of us as a community as well. Unquestionably this has been a strain on the staff of BW as well as those who do the VO acting. I personally do not take lightly their commitment to finding solutions to the situation.

In the midst of those solutions we have discovered an unexpected, yet quite pleasant side affect : the virtual cantina ! As time progresses it may be entirely possible that this has helped lay the ground work for more events in the future of a similar format. And as time / technology permits these events will improve!

Our world has changed so much in the last 10 years! Having a better understanding of that change and continuing to grow with it could also be an earmark of those companies that successfully adapts to those changes!

KUDOS to BW , the team and (once again) to the VOA's who were a part of this !

TYVM !
This is how I feel and what I think about the situation. I hope it's not coming across as smooth talk , useless diatribe, or verbosity.

I really am trying to convey:
*** sincere appreciation for what's been done for BOTH members of the BW staff AND those who were interviewed.
*** a thought or two for future exploration.
*** and maybe even a consideration that while this is unquestionably a bit of a "technical juggling act" at this point in time it could become a useful tool in your hands even AFTER the pandemic has been dealt with ! So often difficulties such as this can and will spawn unexpected solutions that yield long term benefits. IMO ... this virtual meeting like this could be one such unexpected positive tool to explore and use as time progresses.

I would also like to add that the recap has been equally beneficial to me personally. There were RL issues that demanded attention and I was unable to log in and be a part of the meeting. I can almost guarantee a much more focused effort on the next one !!

Thank You
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|

FlameYOL
Today , 07:23 PM | #65
Hey everyone!

[/color]
That's great to hear!
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything