Legacy Rename Token Broken, do not waste your money.

Hello there,

I recently purchased a legacy rename token and it did not work. I activated the token from my inventory and renamed my legacy through the pop up window. However, when logging back in, my legacy name had reverted to its previous name. Now, I had the same issue with a character rename token, however in that case the rename option appeared in the character menu and worked fine on the second try. With my legacy however, no rename option has appeared in the legacy or character window. I have now wasted my money on an item that didn't work. I opened a support ticket, but that was closed as "Fortunetaly, my records show that you could rename in the aftermath your legacy...". This is unacceptable as this is simply untrue. Also, the language of the response was full of spelling and gramatical errors. Perhaps the ticket was simply misunderstood?

Is there anything that can be done? Has anyone else experienced this issues?

P.S. My account is a subscriber account.

Hello there,

I recently purchased a legacy rename token and it did not work. I activated the token from my inventory and renamed my legacy through the pop up window. However, when logging back in, my legacy name had reverted to its previous name. Now, I had the same issue with a character rename token, however in that case the rename option appeared in the character menu and worked fine on the second try. With my legacy however, no rename option has appeared in the legacy or character window. I have now wasted my money on an item that didn't work. I opened a support ticket, but that was closed as "Fortunetaly, my records show that you could rename in the aftermath your legacy...". This is unacceptable as this is simply untrue. Also, the language of the response was full of spelling and gramatical errors. Perhaps the ticket was simply misunderstood?

Is there anything that can be done? Has anyone else experienced this issues?

P.S. My account is a subscriber account.

Unfortunately the first level support in this game is pretty bad, and it's RNG, you never know what sort of person you'll get. In general they are the 'Bot' (basically people who read the support from a sheet on their computer, and don't/can't deviate) , something you can get an actual person (someone who has a bit more knowledge of the game, and are more understanding of the game) , but this is rare.

The best thing to do is ring them, if you can. If you get to the first level, and get a 'Bot' , and it seems they can't understand or help the issue, ask to speak to a supervisor, and hopefully, they'll be able to help.

If you can't ring, message support@swtor.com, and explain the situation, and ask if they can escalate it for you.

IMPORTANT: At all times (wether on the phone, or email) , be polite, it works wonders. And try to be as clear as you can.

Ah well, it seems like I have just been scammed. I will not be renewing my subscription or spending any more money on this game...

Did you try any of the suggestions? elevate it, etc? Or did you hope that putting it in here would fix it, and then just give up?

• 1 month later...