Once you marry your companion that's it?

Haiken

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tittle says it all, after you marry your companion, in my case Nadia Grell, thats it?, she doesn't talk to me ever again?

lol @ the above responses but ill answer the question. Basically yes you finish the story arc and that is it until more is added.

Personally what i did was get vette up to the "marriage" point and then i went after the other love interest and got HER to the marriage point. Then the old "choose one" cut scene comes in. At which point i just backed out of the conversation so i dont make the choice until more is added in afterwards

Bioware already said they have huge plans for companions and relationships, but only so much could be added now at launch, Soon same sex relationships and so on will also be added, As of now a few options are in but not explorable at the moment. More will be comming, Just dont rush.

Rushing was the fall of DC Universe online, had awesome content but everyone was end game in a month or two and slowly left the game after doing all the raids, Take ya time, explore other Class stories and so on, see the other companions out there ^.^. DOnt rush the game, Lets enjoy the experience and keep things alive, Lets not get to the point where we are threatening to leave unless bioware gives content now.

>_> Yeah er... didnt mean to hijack the topic with my mini rant ^.^; I just wanna romance Mako

You think that's bad? I hit some kind of bug in my romance arc.

Dialogue option chosen: Welcome Back. (Isn't that what you say to someone who's been away? It's a nice thing to say, isn't it?)

Dialogue spoken by character: "I was actually starting to miss you." (In a not-very-nice-at-all way.)

Companion's Reply: "Guess I'd better not tick you off." (Which apparently means, "it's over.")

End of conversation. End of romance. End of dialogue with companion.

Nice one, BioWare.

Not completely. From the dialogue files I have looked at there are some conversations that occur after the marriage conversations. Using Kira as an example, she has one side quest that only triggers post-class storyline, a dialogue follow up, and I believe a "legacy/children conversation". I haven't beaten the JK class storyline yet though so I don't know if all of those are actually in game yet though.

What level do you get to marry vette? cuz ive got 10000/10000 affection and shes stopped talking.

It isn't level based, it is based on your class story. I assume that marriage dialogues for all characters require you to be in act 3.

What level do you get to marry vette? cuz ive got 10000/10000 affection and shes stopped talking.

Companion conversations are quests, they become available based on both your level, affection rating, and what point of your class story you're on.

Edited by jmjon

Bioware already said they have huge plans for companions and relationships, but only so much could be added now at launch, Soon same sex relationships and so on will also be added, As of now a few options are in but not explorable at the moment. More will be comming, Just dont rush.

Rushing was the fall of DC Universe online, had awesome content but everyone was end game in a month or two and slowly left the game after doing all the raids, Take ya time, explore other Class stories and so on, see the other companions out there ^.^. DOnt rush the game, Lets enjoy the experience and keep things alive, Lets not get to the point where we are threatening to leave unless bioware gives content now.

>_> Yeah er... didnt mean to hijack the topic with my mini rant ^.^; I just wanna romance Mako

This. This right here. Everyone's in such a hurry to add this, this, and this to the game when it hasn't even been out a month yet! I'm sure every idea has at least been considered and will probably even be added sometime in the future far or near, but it's the anticipation of something more to come that keeps us interested not just the game itself. I'd say the game started with just what it needs, save a couple of minor fixes. But yes let us soak up what we have and just enjoy it while it's going so we don't get through it so quick we miss out on all the other plans they have in store for us! :D

And I would soooo love to romance Aric Jorgen. Omg that Cathar, that Cathar, that Cathar! Lol

Edited by Kerulius

Hopefully they will allow subsequent dialogue options for marriage. Frankly, I decided to pursue one of the other dialogue options which seemed more fitting when speaking with Nadia which I thought might lead to the same end point of proposal, but the conversation ended abruptly, before I could back out.

Given that she has been the sole romance option as a Consular, it seems a bit lame to say "Oh well you didn't choose this one dialogue option just right so sorry you're outta luck".

• 2 weeks later...
Hopefully they will allow subsequent dialogue options for marriage. Frankly, I decided to pursue one of the other dialogue options which seemed more fitting when speaking with Nadia which I thought might lead to the same end point of proposal, but the conversation ended abruptly, before I could back out.

Given that she has been the sole romance option as a Consular, it seems a bit lame to say "Oh well you didn't choose this one dialogue option just right so sorry you're outta luck".

Same. (I think you must also have taken the "We don't need words" option). There's been a couple of "letters" from Nadia since then though, covering her thoughts, with companion gifts attached, and they seem to indicate that she does consider herself to be, at least, engaged.

About the gifts though, it feels really odd... she's at 10k/10k affection, and giving away her gifts to some other companion seems pretty horrible.

Maybe if she were to send a piece of moddable gear that you could continue to wear, maybe a bracer or headband, it would actually be good to get and use her gift.

One thing I wish they would add beyond just "more quests that once you do we are waiting another 6 months for more companion quests" is the ability to interact with them then just besides "right clicking on them and getting 1 out of 10 different responses" Especially if you have romanced one. It is really stupid to have married the companion ... and that's it until bioware adds more quests...seriously? I mean, I know its "hahaha so funny that's marriage" ********, but if i kept giving my wife awesome gifts and spending time with her....i'd get more than just a cold shoulder LOL:cool:

Perhaps something like this:

If romanced an occasional (or related to more gifts/affection gained even beyond max) .1) some flirt scenes/options. 2) random poking fun of other companions/options 3) of course, what everyone wants; but too chick**** to say... more sex scene options.

It would be nice if the responses outside while questing, etc, you get from a romanced character change a little as you progress... right now they are exactly the same as when you meet them.

It is nice to have a romance option thou, it does add to the storying to make it interesting.

Based on what I have read above, I will wait and see... going to keep playing this game for a long time yet I hope.

Edited by Droidist