Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Arcann romance appreciation thread! Haters keep out please!❤

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Arcann romance appreciation thread! Haters keep out please!❤

Veronica_K's Avatar


Veronica_K
02.12.2018 , 07:06 AM | #801
Quote: Originally Posted by DuskIsNotAmused View Post
I don't remember Acina reacting to this Am I forgetting something?
It's from this letter https://i.imgur.com/1kgSrlp.png

MrJunay's Avatar


MrJunay
02.12.2018 , 07:25 AM | #802
Quote: Originally Posted by Paulsutherland View Post
I don't think they said it's impossible, just that it's ethically questionable, him being a mass murderer and all.
I mean people from a neighboring thread who believe that "Arcann is a monster who is not worthy to live."But the possibility of redemption shows the opposite.
I do not know how this redemption works, but it seems that it crosses out all previous atrocities.
And after his redemption have nothing to blame?

Paulsutherland's Avatar


Paulsutherland
02.12.2018 , 07:33 AM | #803
Quote: Originally Posted by MrJunay View Post
I mean people from a neighboring thread who believe that "Arcann is a monster who is not worthy to live."But the possibility of redemption shows the opposite.
I do not know how this redemption works, but it seems that it crosses out all previous atrocities.
And after his redemption have nothing to blame?
He maybe able to be redeemed in the eyes of the Outlander, Senya, Lana and Theron but I really doubt the rest of the galaxy will be quick to forgive him, hell, if he had survived regardless, then these uprisings against the Alliance and Theron's defection would make a lot more sense.

Romancing him might even cause more uprisings.

DuskIsNotAmused's Avatar


DuskIsNotAmused
02.12.2018 , 07:36 AM | #804
Quote: Originally Posted by Paulsutherland View Post
I don't think they said it's impossible, just that it's ethically questionable, him being a mass murderer and all.
Questionable sure, especially since ethics isn't a set quality from individual to individual, but generally the posters they're talking about aren't approaching it that way; They seem personally offended/attacked by the fact that people have different approaches/responses to them. To the extent that they go searching for people who disagree to...I don't know Change their viewpoint? Shame them? Do they honestly believe that anyone who already has an opinion on the subject is going to change their mind based on that tactic? Never mind why they would think this was necessary in connection with a fictional pastime.

Eh this is getting to serious, suffice it to say not everyone in either camp feels that way. Mustn't let the extreme elements prevent meaningful/entertaining debate. Just need to try to show each other respect I guess.

So Paulsutherland any fun Vaylin tidbits ? Lets lighten the mood!

Paulsutherland's Avatar


Paulsutherland
02.12.2018 , 07:46 AM | #805
Quote: Originally Posted by DuskIsNotAmused View Post
So Paulsutherland any fun Vaylin tidbits ? Lets lighten the mood!
Eshvara ... for the record ... it was him!

Well, I know I just said the galaxy wouldn't like it if they redeemed Arcann, bla bla bla ... but if I can get Vaylin back, **** em! ... I'm Emperor, I'll do whatever the hell I want. If they even think about taking a shot at her, then we'll play 'Ziost the [Insert Planet]' ... right now I'm unsure on the rules, but, I'll work something out later.

DuskIsNotAmused's Avatar


DuskIsNotAmused
02.12.2018 , 07:51 AM | #806
Quote: Originally Posted by Veronica_K View Post
It's from this letter https://i.imgur.com/1kgSrlp.png
Oh you spectacular human being (or so I assume feel free to correct me. I shall apologise most fervently) Thank you, Saving this. I really love the letters/emails (Holomails?).

Quote: Originally Posted by Paulsutherland View Post
He maybe able to be redeemed in the eyes of the Outlander, Senya, Lana and Theron but I really doubt the rest of the galaxy will be quick to forgive him, hell, if he had survived regardless, then these uprisings against the Alliance and Theron's defection would make a lot more sense.

Romancing him might even cause more uprisings.
Also correct. Unlikely that it would all be centred on one event, an important trigger for some though perhaps?

Edit:
Quote: Originally Posted by Paulsutherland View Post
Eshvara ... for the record ... it was him!

Well, I know I just said the galaxy wouldn't like it if they redeemed Arcann, bla bla bla ... but if I can get Vaylin back, **** em! ... I'm Emperor, I'll do whatever the hell I want. If they even think about taking a shot at her, then we'll play 'Ziost the [Insert Planet]' ... right now I'm unsure on the rules, but, I'll work something out later.
Yes I assume all responsibility!
Also you and I seem to have some similar priorities regarding Vaylin/Arcann. Always nice to meet a fellow spirit.

MrJunay's Avatar


MrJunay
02.12.2018 , 07:55 AM | #807
Frankly, I'm really surprised by the situation. More precisely, the complete absence of the galaxy's reaction to the fact that the in Alliance was accepted by the former tyrant without any trial of him.
It seems to me, only with the advent of Arcann, half of the Alliance was supposed to escape with screams, and the second half urgently called a psychiatrist to the Outlander.
In fact, the adoption of Arcann in the Alliance in the form of an ally (and not a prisoner) could become the beginning of not only uprisings, but also of war.

I can imagine what resonance in the galaxy will be caused by the news of the Outlander's marriage with Arcann.

Paulsutherland's Avatar


Paulsutherland
02.12.2018 , 07:58 AM | #808
Quote: Originally Posted by DuskIsNotAmused View Post
Also correct. Unlikely that it would all be centred on one event, an important trigger for some though perhaps?
No idea on this, assuming we get more chapters for KOTET that has Arcann taking on a role, we'd also have to acknowledge those who killed him. (which imo would likely have Lana taking on the role).

In fact I would like to see a chapter focusing on the uprisings, and maybe someone taking a shot at him. (or Lana) as revenge for something the Alliance has done.

DuskIsNotAmused's Avatar


DuskIsNotAmused
02.12.2018 , 08:10 AM | #809
Quote: Originally Posted by MrJunay View Post
Frankly, I'm really surprised by the situation. More precisely, the complete absence of the galaxy's reaction to the fact that the in Alliance was accepted by the former tyrant without any trial of him.
It seems to me, only with the advent of Arcann, half of the Alliance was supposed to escape with screams, and the second half urgently called a psychiatrist to the Outlander.
In fact, the adoption of Arcann in the Alliance in the form of an ally (and not a prisoner) could become the beginning of not only uprisings, but also of war.

I can imagine what resonance in the galaxy will be caused by the news of the Outlander's marriage with Arcann.
Eh they need you to win a war, they'll worry about managing you/your alliance after. Which from a certain point of view, they may already be doing.

Quote: Originally Posted by Paulsutherland View Post
No idea on this, assuming we get more chapters for KOTET that has Arcann taking on a role, we'd also have to acknowledge those who killed him. (which imo would likely have Lana taking on the role).

In fact I would like to see a chapter focusing on the uprisings, and maybe someone taking a shot at him. (or Lana) as revenge for something the Alliance has done.
YES (Ironically seething with rage at the thought) It would be relevant, also interesting. Might help people who want to see more fallout rather than just assume/read it in letters.

Eshvara's Avatar


Eshvara
02.12.2018 , 08:14 AM | #810
Quote: Originally Posted by MrJunay View Post
Frankly, I'm really surprised by the situation. More precisely, the complete absence of the galaxy's reaction to the fact that the in Alliance was accepted by the former tyrant without any trial of him.
It seems to me, only with the advent of Arcann, half of the Alliance was supposed to escape with screams, and the second half urgently called a psychiatrist to the Outlander.
In fact, the adoption of Arcann in the Alliance in the form of an ally (and not a prisoner) could become the beginning of not only uprisings, but also of war.

I can imagine what resonance in the galaxy will be caused by the news of the Outlander's marriage with Arcann.
I honestly expected and wanted outrage as soon as you land on odessen, and the troopers(?) Point their guns at him. Then they just back off as if its nothing! I mean, it wouldn't have made a difference, but it would seem more fitting if they threw a fit, attacked, walked out!


I want my marriage to be on Zakuul. All fancy and stuff!
/One can dream.🤓
#Arcannite
For The Empire