Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Arcann romance appreciation thread! Haters keep out please!❤

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Arcann romance appreciation thread! Haters keep out please!❤

Paulsutherland's Avatar


Paulsutherland
01.25.2019 , 03:07 AM | #5811
Quote: Originally Posted by Iheaca View Post
No no no no no. Nothing can beat romancing Khem Val on the scale of disturbing things.
If the droid romance is true ... it's going to get worse!

Is this round 7 of the space Hitler argument?

Goreshaga's Avatar


Goreshaga
01.25.2019 , 03:13 AM | #5812
Quote: Originally Posted by Iheaca View Post
No no no no no. Nothing can beat romancing Khem Val on the scale of disturbing things.
Ah, yeah forgot about this one

I actually don't really know if i find that romance funny or totally disturbing, i really thought it was a joke before seeing it. Well if i can't find a nice man for my Nox, maybe i'll give it a try, that'd still be better than Ashara.

Iheaca's Avatar


Iheaca
01.25.2019 , 03:37 AM | #5813
Quote: Originally Posted by Paulsutherland View Post
If the droid romance is true ... it's going to get worse!

Is this round 7 of the space Hitler argument?
7 only? Did you count?

Well, droid can be funny, I liked most of them in the movies. Then well... perhaps only a platonic one like for Khem, hu? The "this is Star Wars" argument, has its limits.
The Leviathan - Nyx-Nocturna, Ihrae, Del'Ihrae, Shanti-Adamanta, Ainlanna, Ijadyia
From Ashes We Will Rise - fanfiction

witchglove's Avatar


witchglove
01.25.2019 , 11:26 AM | #5814
Quote: Originally Posted by Yeldah_ View Post
Are there seriously this many people who badly want to bed space hitler?
While I'm always happy to see this thread resurrected, I do wish you'd put a little more effort into your trolling! Us Arcann fangirls are seriously starved for content, you know? The least you could do is pick some new material, so we have something more substantial to discuss. Why not Space Mussolini, for once? Space Franco?

Since the Hitler thing has been done to death (and Iheaca already said everything sensible there is to say about it), I'll focus on the more interesting part of your post: Bedding Arcann

It doesn't really make sense to me to talk about whether I would or wouldn't romance Arcann in real life. There's so many aspects of the character that can't be transferred to the real world. In Star Wars, Arcann is a profoundly tragic character, and I'm largely attracted to him because of that. There's just no real world parallel to what he's been through; it's impossible to imagine without Valkorion or the Force. The closest I can get would be the son of a real world dictator who committed war crimes, largely as a result of his messed up upbringing and environment, but later came to regret it deeply and tried to atone by turning himself in and actively working to overthrow his family's regime. Would I bed someone like that? Obviously not, but I would feel some sympathy for him. Would I secretly find him attractive, if he looked, sounded and acted like Arcann? Probably.

However, if I existed within the Star Wars universe, I would totally romance the heck out of Arcann And I would take him over Theron or any of the other more conventionally attractive men in the game any day. I RP all my characters and none of them are particularly like me, but the only romance that I'm really emotionally invested in, not just because it's part of my character's story, but because it makes me feel things, is Arcann's. And I'm not even a little bit ashamed of that

Iheaca's Avatar


Iheaca
01.25.2019 , 11:46 AM | #5815
Quote: Originally Posted by witchglove View Post
And I'm not even a little bit ashamed of that
Never be ashamed!!

Funny, because shame is part of my new chapter.

From Ashes We Will Rise - The Slithering Snake - part 2
The Leviathan - Nyx-Nocturna, Ihrae, Del'Ihrae, Shanti-Adamanta, Ainlanna, Ijadyia
From Ashes We Will Rise - fanfiction

Damask_Rose's Avatar


Damask_Rose
01.25.2019 , 12:42 PM | #5816
Quote: Originally Posted by Iheaca View Post
No no no no no. Nothing can beat romancing Khem Val on the scale of disturbing things.
I watched a video of the Khem romance and it was very sweet. If his alien physique bothers you, romance doesn't have to include "doing the deed". Remember, this is a universe where a Hutt and a Pa'lowick can date.

Quote: Originally Posted by witchglove View Post
Since the Hitler thing has been done to death
What I find interesting/irritating is that so many people come down hard on anyone wanting to romance Arcann, but hardly anyone bats an eye at the people wanting to romance Vaylin. For me Vaylin is so much worse than Arcann! She kills for fun, as opposed to Arcann who kills for militarily strategic reasons. She has no remorse, as opposed to Arcann who deeply regrets his past. She doesn't want to change, as opposed to Arcann who wants to change and does.

I firmly believe that if Arcann was a woman and Vaylin was a man, everyone who is all down on "space Hitler" would be all gung ho for romancing she-Arcann and would be spitting on he-Vaylin's grave casting aspersions on anyone wanting to bring he-Vaylin back for a romance.

Iheaca's Avatar


Iheaca
01.25.2019 , 01:36 PM | #5817
Quote: Originally Posted by Damask_Rose View Post
I watched a video of the Khem romance and it was very sweet. If his alien physique bothers you, romance doesn't have to include "doing the deed". Remember, this is a universe where a Hutt and a Pa'lowick can date.
No, it is less about the physical part than other things in its core. I feel like the SI/Khem relationship is all about domination, which is not something I find appealing. And the second thing is in that romance part. First, he is scared of freedom and therefore wants to be bound. Not healthy at all. Then doing the ritual and if his goddess is not happy with it, he will devour the SI? Yeah, no, really, thanks...
The Leviathan - Nyx-Nocturna, Ihrae, Del'Ihrae, Shanti-Adamanta, Ainlanna, Ijadyia
From Ashes We Will Rise - fanfiction

Damask_Rose's Avatar


Damask_Rose
01.25.2019 , 03:24 PM | #5818
Quote: Originally Posted by Iheaca View Post
No, it is less about the physical part than other things in its core. I feel like the SI/Khem relationship is all about domination, which is not something I find appealing. And the second thing is in that romance part. First, he is scared of freedom and therefore wants to be bound. Not healthy at all. Then doing the ritual and if his goddess is not happy with it, he will devour the SI? Yeah, no, really, thanks...
It's been awhile since I played through Khem's companion story, but my take away was that it was more about earning respect than domination. It felt like he and my SI grew to respect and care for each other over time.

My take away from his romance video is also different. It came across to me as Khem being lonely, not afraid. The bonding he is talking about sounded more like marriage than bondage to me. And I have no doubt Khem can please Mistress Death, so I wouldn't worry about that whole devouring thing.

Yeldah_'s Avatar


Yeldah_
01.25.2019 , 03:38 PM | #5819
Quote: Originally Posted by Iheaca View Post
Oh nice! What a good thing to make my brain start this morning.

So! Let's do it the scholar way. *puts her glasses on*
This made me chuckle. I like the history references.
APAC And Proud

Yeldah_'s Avatar


Yeldah_
01.25.2019 , 03:43 PM | #5820
Quote: Originally Posted by witchglove View Post
While I'm always happy to see this thread resurrected, I do wish you'd put a little more effort into your trolling! Us Arcann fangirls are seriously starved for content, you know? The least you could do is pick some new material, so we have something more substantial to discuss. Why not Space Mussolini, for once? Space Franco?

Since the Hitler thing has been done to death (and Iheaca already said everything sensible there is to say about it), I'll focus on the more interesting part of your post: Bedding Arcann

It doesn't really make sense to me to talk about whether I would or wouldn't romance Arcann in real life. There's so many aspects of the character that can't be transferred to the real world. In Star Wars, Arcann is a profoundly tragic character, and I'm largely attracted to him because of that. There's just no real world parallel to what he's been through; it's impossible to imagine without Valkorion or the Force. The closest I can get would be the son of a real world dictator who committed war crimes, largely as a result of his messed up upbringing and environment, but later came to regret it deeply and tried to atone by turning himself in and actively working to overthrow his family's regime. Would I bed someone like that? Obviously not, but I would feel some sympathy for him. Would I secretly find him attractive, if he looked, sounded and acted like Arcann? Probably.

However, if I existed within the Star Wars universe, I would totally romance the heck out of Arcann And I would take him over Theron or any of the other more conventionally attractive men in the game any day. I RP all my characters and none of them are particularly like me, but the only romance that I'm really emotionally invested in, not just because it's part of my character's story, but because it makes me feel things, is Arcann's. And I'm not even a little bit ashamed of that
No trolling going on here. Only genuine curiosity of course.
APAC And Proud