An in-depth look at: The Great Sith War Part 1

Aurbere

"Go to your higher plane, teacher. The galaxy is mine now."- Exar Kun

The Great Sith War encompasses many battles and skirmishes including the Mandalorian Crusades, Krath Holy Crusade and even the Beast Wars of Onderon. This particular thread will cover the war from the point Exar Kun took command. The preliminary battles will be covered in my Galactic History series (coming soon). The war is quite long so this will be part one of our look at the Great Sith War.

While the Jedi and the Republic fought the Mandalorians, Krath, and the Keto family, Jedi Exar Kun ventured out to study the ways of the Dark Side. Kun believed that he could control these powers without falling to the Dark Side. Exar Kun traveled to the moon of Dxun with the help of a pair of Naddists to uncover the secrets buried in the dead Sith Lord Freedon Nadd's tomb. The spirit of Freedon Nadd came to Exar Kun and promised him a great destiny on the path of the Dark Side and gifted him Sith scrolls written by Naga Sadow. Exar Kun delved into the darkness with these scrolls and the careful guidance of Nadd's spirit.

The scrolls led him to the Valley of the Dark Lords on Korriban where he investigated several ancient crypts. During his search, the potent spirit of Freedon Nadd caused a collapse within a tomb Kun was investigating. This attack nearly killed the fallen Jedi and when Kun tried to reach out to Master Vodo-Siosk Baas, the spirit of Nadd attacked Master Baas to isolate Kun.

After Kun recovered, he was guided to the fourth moon of Yavin to complete his training. Kun would encounter the Massassi Warriors who would easily capture the fallen Jedi. Kun's connection to the Light Side of the Force had been weakened during his trip to Korriban and he refused to fully embrace the Dark Side, allowing the primitive warriors to capture him.

The leader of the Massassi tribe planned to sacrifice Kun to an ancient beast created by Naga Sadow. Near death and in the grip of the mighty beast, Kun was once again visited by Freedon Nadd who told Kun to use the Dark Side to kill the beast. Using the Force, Exar Kun retrieved an ancient Sith amulet from the tribal leader and utterly destroyed the Sith creation and the Massassi tribe. Fully embraced by the Dark Side, Exar Kun then destroyed the spirit of Freedon Nadd and enslaved the Massassi Warriors.

But Exar Kun was not content with ruling the Massassi alone. He sought more conquest and thirsted for battle. Kun reached out with the Force to find Dark Side Force users that could challenge him. His search led him to Ulic Qel-Droma and Aleema Keto. Ulic had attempted to infiltrate the Krath so that he may destroy them from within in response to the death of Jedi Master Arca Jeth. Exar Kun then departed for the Empress Teta system to personally destroy these two Dark-siders.

Meanwhile on Ossus, the Jedi Nomi Sunrider presented a plan to her fellow Jedi to retrieve Ulic from the planet Cinnagar in the Empress Teta system. Allied with the Beast Riders of Onderon, the Jedi invaded the Empress Teta system to confront Ulic and the Krath. When Nomi and her fellows confronted Ulic, he unleashed the Dark Side upon them forcing them to flee his wrath. The Krath forces were utterly crushing the Jedi and Beast Riders until Sunrider called for a retreat.

Shortly afterword, Exar Kun arrived at Cinnagar to do battle with Ulic and Aleema within the Iron Citadel. Using Sith magic, Kun quickly incapacitated Aleema Keto and engaged Ulic in a duel. The two appeared evenly matched as the duel progressed. As their battle raged, they were surrounded by the spirits of long dead Sith including the spirit of Marka Ragnos. Ragnos commanded the duel to end and convinced the two fallen Jedi, now Sith Lords, to form an alliance and usher in a new age of the Sith. Together, Exar Kun and Ulic Qel-Droma would wage a war that would devastate the galaxy...

If you have a topic you would like to see in the future, post them below or PM me.

Well done. Your Galactic History series sounds interesting. Just how far back are you going to start and how far are you going to go into the future with those?

Thank you!

I don't know. I'm thinking about going back to the Infinite Empire and then going all the way to the Sith-Imperial War.

I look forward your in depth on the Infinite Empire.

But I have a question, how can you destroy a Force ghost? And whats happens to it after that? Does it go into the Netherworld of the Force or is it destroyed entirely?

My SI feels that destroying the force ghost was a waste of good food.

I look forward your in depth on the Infinite Empire.

But I have a question, how can you destroy a Force ghost? And whats happens to it after that? Does it go into the Netherworld of the Force or is it destroyed entirely?

I'm not entirely sure. Probably through overwhelming Force energy. As to where is goes: Probably to Chaos(for Sith) or it is destroyed entirely.

I'm leaning more towards destroyed entirely.

I'm not entirely sure. Probably through overwhelming Force energy. As to where is goes: Probably to Chaos(for Sith) or it is destroyed entirely.

I'm leaning more towards destroyed entirely.

I'm leaning towards Chaos (for Sith) and Netherworld of the Force (without the strength to appear as ghost again), but that's just personal taste ;)

There is one thing I didn't like about the Great Sith War is how Exar Kun sneaked into the palace and dueled Qel-Droma there. It sounded so much cooler in the Timeline Video.

I'm leaning towards Chaos (for Sith) and Netherworld of the Force (without the strength to appear as ghost again), but that's just personal taste ;)

There is one thing I didn't like about the Great Sith War is how Exar Kun sneaked into the palace and dueled Qel-Droma there. It sounded so much cooler in the Timeline Video.

Yeah, I know. But I think the timeline series is from the point of view of Gnost-Dural, so not everything is concrete. Plus he left out Marka Ragnos proclaiming Kun Dark Lord.

Yeah, I know. But I think the timeline series is from the point of view of Gnost-Dural, so not everything is concrete. Plus he left out Marka Ragnos proclaiming Kun Dark Lord.

True. He simply doesn't explain why they joined forces. Marka Ragnos could just as easily appear to them in an all-out battle, but only they saw him.

If one day the write a book or make a movie out of this material, I hope they'll change it. (Also, the image of the Jedi imprisoning Exar Kun's spirit in the temple looks alot more intense than creating the wall of light from orbit.)

Well, but these are just details. These comics are still my favorite Star Wars comics.

True. He simply doesn't explain why they joined forces. Marka Ragnos could just as easily appear to them in an all-out battle, but only they saw him.

If one day the write a book or make a movie out of this material, I hope they'll change it. (Also, the image of the Jedi imprisoning Exar Kun's spirit in the temple looks alot more intense than creating the wall of light from orbit.)

Well, but these are just details. These comics are still my favorite Star Wars comics.

Oh, I agree. For this thread, I was taking the info from the comics and sourcebooks and the like. The timeline vids are informative, but they leave out some key details.

Personally, I find the duel in the Iron Citadel quite epic. If they made a movie out of it, that would be awesome.

Oh, I agree. For this thread, I was taking the info from the comics and sourcebooks and the like. The timeline vids are informative, but they leave out some key details.

Personally, I find the duel in the Iron Citadel quite epic. If they made a movie out of it, that would be awesome.

Agreed, they could use the Mayan Temples - the War has a cool story too

Agreed, they could use the Mayan Temples - the War has a cool story too

I agree. The Great Sith War is a great story.

Mayan Temples would be a good idea. Did they use those for A New Hope? If not, then use whatever they used for A New Hope.

Well according to their calendar those guys are supposed to be dead so.... they can get lost. :D

No, according to their calender they simply start a new Baktun (~400 years) today. But the temples are controlled by the Mexican government now and even the Maya have to pay like tourists to entry them.

/OT